Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Nano

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Default Anyone else having problems with Zen Nano Plus?

I am on my third Zen Nano Plus. Here is what seems to be wrong with all of them:

Fit and finish- You would think if a company, any company (including Apple)could make a techological wonder like an Mp3 player, that they would be able to put a finish on it that doesn't scratch when you breathe on it. Aso, the battery comparment door WILL eventually fail, due to a ridiculously flimsy piece of plastic that keps it intact.

On to the 'technological wonder' side of these players- In all three players, I have never gotten over 7 hours of battery time. I've downloaded a gig of wma's and played then continuously, and the best I've gotten is just under 7 hours; the worse was just about 6 hours. A far cry from the advertised 18 hrs.

Here is the really dumb problem these units seem to exhibit. After the battery dies, if you don't replace it, eventually, over a period of a few hours, all your files will disappear! Hey Creative! What the hell is up with that??? great flash drive guys!

I believe there is something inherently wrong with this model, and not that I was just unlucky to have gotten three bad ones. If true, this level of false advertising on capability and the level of inferior workmanship is just screaming for a class action lawsuit. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has experienced similar problems.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]