android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Speakers

Old 06-14-2007, 06:56 AM

Did anyone actually notice that this thing's design is somewhat of a Mac Mini ripoff? It even says "Mini" on the top.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-14-2007, 07:22 AM

looks just like my laptop. except thicker.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård View Post
I dont see how it can work well WITHOUT adhesives though... I reckon it would be like letting loose a dildo on a table and wanting it to be in contact with the table at all times.
You have become very good at making me spew my beverage at various close-range targets!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
You have become very good at making me spew my beverage at various close-range targets!

Lol, thank you, but despite the colorful metaphor the question was meant seriousely

Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 AM

Serious?

Old 06-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Did anyone actually notice that this thing's design is somewhat of a Mac Mini ripoff? It even says "Mini" on the top.
This was the first thing I thought of actually and that was without noticing the 'mini' title.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård View Post
I dont see how it can work well WITHOUT adhesives though... I reckon it would be like letting loose a dildo on a table and wanting it to be in contact with the table at all times. I mean, its a cruel comparison, but seeing this produces sound by transferring vibrations, it would need to sit stuck to do so, right?
from what i read up so far on NXT technology, it doesnt actually move air in any fashion. it just causes ALOT of microscopic vibrations - very very small ones.

Some good reading at
http://www.vxm.com/NXT.html#Heading3

Apparently, this type of technology dates back over 10+ years. Still interesting if you ask me. Anyone have a clue why it didnt catch on?

Last edited by Orange; 06-23-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 PM

mebe the sound just wasn't clear enough or the system was too expensive to impliment for casual listeners. this "mini" looks... interesting... I'd not buy one, I don't have an clear flat surfaces to use one with, and $120 Us is a bit much for me, I'd probably buy a peaker set for a max of $50-$60, but over $100.... no way.

anyway, I know some people who woud like to see one of hese things, got a release date? "soon" isn't really that specific if the thing is already made

Old 10-14-2007, 03:43 AM

$120 - if it sounds great on a hotel desk is no problem.

Currently, the only portable that is good enough for me is the Boomtube EX (the one with the sub tube) that I take everywhere I go overseas. No other portable even come close to this quality. It is a relatively small tube - about the same physical volume as the Tivoli PAL. However, the sound quality blows away anything - easily prefer it over the Bose Soundock. (I know, this is not saying much but this puppy is portable) It gets about as loud as Soundock too. Liked it so much that I took the lithium ion battery out of the bass tube for a bit more bass extension.

My point: If I can find a smaller alternative that will produce great sound, I'll go for it even if its' mono such as your gadget. I'd be tempted to purchase two and use it to give me stereo on two different surfaces in hotel.

I think your challenge is to persuade people that this thing will produce nice sound quality on most surfaces.

UL