android
  #1  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:38 PM
GothicReaper GothicReaper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Default Searching NS-DA2G playlist

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, couln't someone send me a working playlist for my DA2G? I've even got there an wmp playlist an it doesn't work... the .m3u's don't work correctly and I can't create those f**$"% .pla's.........
please someone, please help me.... there are so many tracks from my cds which are only called "track x" so I need a playlist (or I have to rename 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 ID3-Tags and search for names... Swell )

many desperate greetz

charlotte
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 06-06-2007, 08:29 PM
harryg harryg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 75
Default

huh?????

Someone can't just send you a playlist and make it work in your player. The playlist has to be pointing to songs in YOUR computer and player.

You create a playlist with either WMP10 0r WMP11. Then, "sync" THAT playlist with your Insignia.

Before you even think about adding songs to your playlist or player it's a good idea to TAG them. There are plenty of free MP3 tagging programs out there. Make sure the names and tags are correct or else they will show up weird in your player.

Once you get playlists going with the Insignia, you'll love it.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 AM
GothicReaper GothicReaper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Talking The ultimate solution for non-working playlists :D

*lol* no, guess you missunderstood, I know that point
I was just wondering about the exact format of a working playlist (cause I don't have any), so I can write a programm to simulate ist. Each file of a specific type has a specific syntax. I just need to know if there are specific headers etc, and how are the tracks listed exactly. And then happy simulating (I'm pretty clever at all kind of computer stuff, but I never ever get the wmp playlists working, and yes I'd synced it and yes I'd used for testing files with complete ID3 Tags)


.... but it doesn't matter anymore because :
*tatatatatatata* I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found a pretty good alternative which could be used if no Playlists - no matter what done - worked and if you're fed up with the synchronization so that you couldn't just drag'n'drop.
Hehe, it's just so easy, I'm wondering why nobody else found it out / posted it to share this treasure with others....

ok but now to the solution:
1 - you just need wmp 10 (I tested it with that but I guess 9 also will work).
2 - copy from your pc all the tracks of a playlist in a extra folder for each PL (the folders are not nessessary but make it easier) on your device
3 - open the wmp 10. the easiest way is - cause you now never have to "really" use it - to clear you media database/library (don't know the right english term, have just the german); then add just one PL-folder of your device.
4 - there you will find the different ID3 Tag entries, and there is one (pretty useless I think, except for that) entry called "genre"
5 - so just mark all of the tracks, right-click on one of the cells of genre, click on edit/rename and change the name in whatever your PL should be called
6 - repeat that with all your folders on the device (best step by step so you always know easy which tracks belong to which PL)
7 - then, most important, click on the menuebar on "extras" (or whatever the point left of the "?" is called) and then on "proceed media-information" (or something like that it's the 3rd entry, no shortcut)

that takes a few minutes but if it's done you can just use your player and instead of music library -> playlists, select -> genre and *tatatatatatatatata* you've got there all your playlists with all your beloved tracks. No track is missing, and you don't have to use any program to sync your tracks you can just drag'n'drop them


And isn't that a good solution?
plus, if you are one of those few who are really conscientious with their genre entries, no problem, you just modified those on the player not those on your pc

so please gimme feedback if this was the solution for you like it was for me. Now I'm really happy with my player and I'm looking relaxed forward to the new firmware including m3u playlists


greetz from a pretty-happy-flipping-around

charlotte
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:42 AM
depictureboy depictureboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12
Default

I dont get the issue with people having playlists in wmp10 or 11. Its not that hard people. I even showed my 8 year old how to configure and sync her playlists for her mp3 player.

Quote:
so I can write a programm to simulate ist
Yea, its so much easier to code a ground floor solution than to figure out the right way to use WMP.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 AM
GothicReaper GothicReaper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depictureboy View Post
I dont get the issue with people having playlists in wmp10 or 11. Its not that hard people. I even showed my 8 year old how to configure and sync her playlists for her mp3 player.



Yea, its so much easier to code a ground floor solution than to figure out the right way to use WMP.
well I am not sure what do you want to tell me....
As I know, there're things in the world of the computers which we will never understand such as a program works on one pc perfectly and on a different there's no change.... and especially if it's a microsoft product
So believe me or not, call me more stupid than your kid or not, I know something about that stuff, I tried nearly everything and it failed. So I first just wanted to try to edit a working PL in my f**ing editor to look what happens. So whats the matter with that kind of proceeding??

btw: guess nearly everybody would be pleased about a working m3u to pla converter
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 06-09-2007, 09:00 AM
harryg harryg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 75
Default

I'm sorry. I don't want to insult you... But, I have no idea what you are doing based on that description of the playlist creation. I'm very confused. I WANT to understand and try it. I'm just having a hard time understanding what you are doing to create the list.
'
Please help!!

than you.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 06-12-2007, 01:12 PM
GothicReaper GothicReaper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryg View Post
I'm sorry. I don't want to insult you... But, I have no idea what you are doing based on that description of the playlist creation. I'm very confused. I WANT to understand and try it. I'm just having a hard time understanding what you are doing to create the list.
'
Please help!!

than you.
hey no problem, don't worry it wasn't you
look my plan was (before I got this brilliant genre Idea ):
first step to found out how the playlist looks like (just try it yourself; open a m3u PL with your windows Notepad). They have a specific syntax (order of trackname, number...) and have some headers/endings... So my plan was just to open a PL which works(!) on my TYPE of player (so a PL from somebody else) with my notepad to look what's this Playlist's syntax.
Then I would have write with notepad a PL with the same syntax but with my tracks/Track-paths (so those which are on my player) and (that's important) rename the ending of the file from .txt in .whatever-the-working-file-was, then I would have saved it on my player and tried if it works.
Well and the last step would have been (if I had had tooooooo much time ) that I wrote a little converter in the programming language Ada95 which reads a m3u-Playlist and converts the data to eg. a .pla list (thats easy if you know the correct syntax of a file)
hehe and that's all! *lol* be sure, it sounded more complicated then it really is . Did I satisfy your curiosity?
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Mongo Mongo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default Insignia playlist workaround

I, the great Mongo, would like to congratulate Charlotte for an effective workaround to the lame Insignia playlist implementation!! Her text below, but believe I've improved it a bit, and best of all does NOT involve crappy WMP (aka WiMP ).

Something to play in order from multiple directories was critical for me as my primary use is to listen to audio books - hence the obvious need to play in exact order.

Using Dr. Tag, or similar MP3 tag editor, edit the genre, as noted below, to something that is "unique" to the songs desired in the "playlist". In my case I used the book title. Even multiple tracks with the same name, but with an 01, 02, etc sequence, spread across sequentially numbered sub-directories, it worked just fine. One note different from Charlotte is that I did all this on the hard drive because it is faster than the flash memory in the Insignia 4GB model I have.

After everything was ready, I just dragged/copied the directories into the Music directory of the insignia. When turned on and its library was refreshed, it showed up fine under Genre and across 11 directories listed 60 "songs" which played in the proper order. Hooray!!

Thanks again to Charlotte!

The Great Mongo


Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicReaper View Post
*lol* no, guess you missunderstood, I know that point
I was just wondering about the exact format of a working playlist (cause I don't have any), so I can write a programm to simulate ist. Each file of a specific type has a specific syntax. I just need to know if there are specific headers etc, and how are the tracks listed exactly. And then happy simulating (I'm pretty clever at all kind of computer stuff, but I never ever get the wmp playlists working, and yes I'd synced it and yes I'd used for testing files with complete ID3 Tags)


.... but it doesn't matter anymore because :
*tatatatatatata* I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found a pretty good alternative which could be used if no Playlists - no matter what done - worked and if you're fed up with the synchronization so that you couldn't just drag'n'drop.
Hehe, it's just so easy, I'm wondering why nobody else found it out / posted it to share this treasure with others....

ok but now to the solution:
1 - you just need wmp 10 (I tested it with that but I guess 9 also will work).
2 - copy from your pc all the tracks of a playlist in a extra folder for each PL (the folders are not nessessary but make it easier) on your device
3 - open the wmp 10. the easiest way is - cause you now never have to "really" use it - to clear you media database/library (don't know the right english term, have just the german); then add just one PL-folder of your device.
4 - there you will find the different ID3 Tag entries, and there is one (pretty useless I think, except for that) entry called "genre"
5 - so just mark all of the tracks, right-click on one of the cells of genre, click on edit/rename and change the name in whatever your PL should be called
6 - repeat that with all your folders on the device (best step by step so you always know easy which tracks belong to which PL)
7 - then, most important, click on the menuebar on "extras" (or whatever the point left of the "?" is called) and then on "proceed media-information" (or something like that it's the 3rd entry, no shortcut)

that takes a few minutes but if it's done you can just use your player and instead of music library -> playlists, select -> genre and *tatatatatatatatata* you've got there all your playlists with all your beloved tracks. No track is missing, and you don't have to use any program to sync your tracks you can just drag'n'drop them


And isn't that a good solution?
plus, if you are one of those few who are really conscientious with their genre entries, no problem, you just modified those on the player not those on your pc

so please gimme feedback if this was the solution for you like it was for me. Now I'm really happy with my player and I'm looking relaxed forward to the new firmware including m3u playlists


greetz from a pretty-happy-flipping-around

charlotte

Last edited by Mongo; 07-11-2007 at 10:37 PM. Reason: image file didn't past into msg
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Mongo Mongo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Question Insignia Playlist Format - please define

Hmmm,
It is easy to create a playlist in WMP, or even easier to create in Media Monkey in m3u or wpl format. And pretty easy to sync. What doesn't seem to work is that the playlist actually SHOW UP under "playlist" in the player.

Could somebody please define the directory structure on the Insignia?
?does the .wpl file need to be in the root directory, in Music directory, or other? And anything specific about the file locations? Otherwise will continue w/ "genre" workaround discussed elsewhere.

Mongo
=====
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryg View Post
huh?????

Someone can't just send you a playlist and make it work in your player. The playlist has to be pointing to songs in YOUR computer and player.

You create a playlist with either WMP10 0r WMP11. Then, "sync" THAT playlist with your Insignia.

Before you even think about adding songs to your playlist or player it's a good idea to TAG them. There are plenty of free MP3 tagging programs out there. Make sure the names and tags are correct or else they will show up weird in your player.

Once you get playlists going with the Insignia, you'll love it.

Last edited by Mongo; 07-11-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: wrong word
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Mongo Mongo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Talking Playlists vs NAND vs Genre for mp3 audio books

playlists vs NAND vs Genre for mp3 AUDIO BOOKS

Pretty obvious we won't see any software beyond 1.93 for the NS-DV. Have used the genre for audio books since playlists are not any easier. And for neither can you stop and save a playlist position, play something else, and come back.

But discovered an anomoly in genre in if some files had a photo of the book and some did not, but names and genre are correct - still plays out of order. But have discovered that genre is unnecessary if one simply uses the folder (NAND) and files are named sequentially, they play in order regardless.

M
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.