android
Old 06-02-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Zen vision: M or W?

My Zen Micro just broke down on me yesterday so I'm intending to get a new portable player! I can't live without music, right. And since my birthday's around the corner so why not get a new player. Haha, so I think this'll be the best place to get my advices. I've done quite a research and I've settled on Creative instead of Apple products. Do you think I should get Zen vision: M or W? Please advice me! or even convince me which'll be a better one to get. Or should I get other players?

I'm quite a video/music fanatic. (I've too many videos and music in my computer). I used the recording feature very often to record my lessons (yeah, I'm a student). As for the photos storage, I may/may not use it since I have 2 1GB memory cards.

I need those advices. Thank you in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2007, 10:09 PM

If videos are your thing, the W is great. It can take input from CF cards. The M is orientated towards music, and the W is towards movies. However 30gb may not be enough for you... I'm struggling with 30 on my zvm.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:16 PM

Wow that was fast! Thanks. Hmm so if I'm more a music person, M will be a better choice right? Is there by any chance a new one is coming out? You know gadgets stuffs, they're always constantly updating. I was kind of afraid that if I get a M, and a new one just come out right after I bought it (which happened to me when I bought my Zen Micro).

Old 06-02-2007, 10:17 PM

the m and w are supposed to sound just as good though :P

A new M is on the way, they are getting it ready for the christmas season (yes i know its in 6 months!)

Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 PM

I see but what're the improvements they made on the new M compared to the current one?

Old 06-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

So far, the ZVM's successor is still little more than speculation. There haven't been any feature releases or anything of that nature. I mean, if you want to wait six months to see what comes out, that's your choice, but personally, I'd jump on one of these amazing players currently available - and with a quickness!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:40 PM

Everyone who replied above me are pretty good factors, reasonings, and why to get either player. So use what they said to figure out what you want to get.

And just to let you know, the Zen Vision:W is big and long. (so the ability to put in your pants pocket is very hard, unless you got a big pockets) So the Vision:M might be good for you for it's size.

Edit: Why don't you just transfer your pics to your player, USB flash drive, etc? I mean unless your laptop has a memory card reader or you carry a memory card reader...

MP3 player-less. Waiting till summer for choices on players. Suggestions?

Old 07-22-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Zen W or Zen M

Hello, I was looking to purchase a new media player / mp3 player and have been considering either the Zen W or Zen M. I watch alot of lectures on my computer so I am looking for a player that has the best screen and video quality. This seems it would point me towards the Zen W however most of the videos I will be watching will not be widescreen and many are not of high quality to begin with, will this make it better to have the Zen W since the screen is bigger/nicer or worse since it is a widescreen player? Any other players you would recommend if so?

Thank you for your time

Old 07-23-2007, 10:08 PM

well here is how i broke it down i have seen zen m at the store and my mom has a zen W if you are more into videos and pictures (like how my mom just always caries around a pack of pictures of my nephew to show everyone) then go with the zen W cause it has a good display and good music quality now if your looking for more just music go with the micro cause it takes up less space lol

Old 07-24-2007, 02:14 PM

I appreciate all the information provided in this thread but I was wondering if anyone had any more information on what happens on the Zen Vision W when you want to watch a video that is not widescreen? Does it loose all the benefits of having a larger screen than the Zen M?

Thank you

Old 07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, yes, sort of. The video will be displayed in its natural aspect ratio, which means you'll have black bands on both sides of the screen.