android
Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Yo Dfkt, if I sent you a new pair of buds, would you review em'?

A while back I went with the MEE M6 and well... tbh.. I actually like em'. Bass isn't real heavy, although the highs get distorted very badly at anything more than 60% volume.

Figured MEE deserves a chance to be on The Wall. :-p
rofl...I been trying to convince dfkt to take a sample pair of Maximo i590s from me as well to demo/test/review

Good luck!
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-14-2010, 08:47 AM

Sure, I'll give them a listen if you send them over.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm you might be receiving the Dba's in a bit....for your ahem Earsonics

Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 PM

Default jays q-jays low bass?

It is really strange that you find the q-jays to have little bass. at the point that it RE0 has medium bass?
REally strange, I have owned both headphones and it is really not so.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Sure, I'll give them a listen if you send them over.

Alrighty, come January I will budget the purchase in. Just wonder how much shipping will be. :-\

Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Why is Hippo 10 above Hippo Pearl when the Pearl has more ease of insertion than the 10 but is equal in every other respect? Subjective overall ranking or an error?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinrik View Post
Why is Hippo 10 above Hippo Pearl when the 10 has more ease of insertion than the Pearl but is equal in every other respect? Subjective overall ranking or an error?

Different ears.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 AM

A spreadsheet like this isn't able to go into all the subtle intricacies that distinguish one IEM from another, it's a quick overview that's proven to be helpful to some people - but it of course can't tell the whole story. A real review would be needed for that, not just a qualitative/quantitative rating in three steps. As already written in big red letters in the first post - the phones are ranked after my personal preferences.

In the case of the Hippo 10 vs. the Pearl, read my quick review here: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57881

Old 11-28-2010, 03:20 AM

@dfkt,

How would you compare FX700 and e-Q7 to SM3? I'll have my SM3 in 2-3 weeks, but am curious as to how these two fare against SM3.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:24 AM

The FX700 are a whole different animal, with gigantic bass and soundstage like on open headphones (well, they are open and don't isolate), the e-Q7 have brighter, a bit grainier treble than the SM3, and a bass that doesn't extend as deep. All three are very good in their own right.

I should get the new e-Q5 from a friend soon, really looking forward to hearing those.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
The FX700 are a whole different animal, with gigantic bass and soundstage like on open headphones (well, they are open and don't isolate), the e-Q7 have brighter, a bit grainier treble than the SM3, and a bass that doesn't extend as deep. All three are very good in their own right.

I should get the new e-Q5 from a friend soon, really looking forward to hearing those.
Thanks dfkt. Looking forward to your impressions on e-Q5 as many people say they sound very similar. Are you getting any Final Audios along with e-Q5? I'll consider buying a FA the day you write a good review about them

Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 AM

I had the FI-BA-SS for a few weeks, and while they sounded nice and neutral (total opposite of those 1601... things), the price/value ratios was of course more than ridiculous. They sounded and were built like a $200 IEM, not a $1200 one. Maybe I get the two less expensive FI-BA-** models for a listen sometimes in the future. I heard the golden one with the flat brown cable for about 5 minutes, and I liked it already better than the FI-BA-SS.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Gold colored with Flat brown cable: I guess is the FI-BA-SB ($400). I still don't think it would measure up on price/value ratio, but in comparison to the higher priced FA models, it should do better from your 5 min impressions.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:22 PM

Now if only we had one of these charts for cans

Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Popo View Post
Now if only we had one of these charts for cans
Agreed

Old 12-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Have the e-q5's so would be really interested in hearing how they compare to the q7's. Got james's view over at head-fi and he thinks they are similar!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:09 PM

I will get the e-Q5 soon, and will probably be comparing them to the e-Q7.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM

Added the Etymotic MC5 to the list. Here's the review: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59743

Old 12-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Added the Etymotic MC5 to the list. Here's the review: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59743

Yep, and I read on how much you rave about them.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 PM

Any plans on adding the radius DDM to the list dfkt? Not that I'll ever get them due to the fit (the things make the TF10 look comfy) but they apparently do at least sound good.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Tags
earphone, iem, in-ear phone