android
Old 05-16-2006, 06:23 AM

Default battery life of nano plus

hello, when i first got my zen nano plus 1gb it seemed i was getting about 13 to 15hrs of battery life but now I'm only getting about 6 hrs per battery. this is using a car stereo cassette adapter plugged into the nano's headphone jack so i can play it thru the car stereo. anyone else having prob with battery life? any ideals what might be wrong? thanks, tom.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-16-2006, 09:52 AM
ABI Founder

How long have you had it? All rechargables will start to loose battery life over time.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:04 PM

The Nano Plus uses a standard AAA battery doesn't it? If you're using a rechargable one, as EnzoTen says, it will wear out over time, especially if you keep charging it before it is fully empty. Time to get a new one!

Old 05-16-2006, 04:59 PM

im not using recharable batteries just regular duracell AAA. how much playing time are you guys getting off a battery?

Old 05-16-2006, 05:16 PM

Mine gets 15+. Maybe that cassette adaptor is running your Nano at full output which will shorten battery life. But probably not that much. Are you getting fresh stock batteries?

The Dragon Calls! I must Go!
Canon EOS Rebel XT -- Canon Powershot S5IS

Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 PM

one of my players is the Zen Nano plus.. I use Energizer NiMh 850mAh "AAA" 's If i do not do bunches of navigating or try to power large headphones I get about 12 hours.... If i use the radio this goes down .... I only charge the batteries when almost fully discharged .. you might want to look into rechargables if you but 4 you can have 2 in player and two ready to go or charging.. they will pay for themselves in what you save buying the others and replacing...... btw that car adapter kicks your players output level way up so it will go through batteries faster than ear phones.
I hope this helps

Crunch

Old 05-31-2006, 08:47 AM

i have a muvo micro n200 (nano plus is just a rebadge of this) and i get 12-15 hours from a NiMh and 18-20 hours if i ever use a duracell alkaline. i listen at about 80% of the max volume most of the time but almost never using the EQ.

as well as the EQ draining a little more power there are other factors that can affect battery life too. wma's take a little more power than mp3's, also encoding using higher bit rates require more processing power to decode

Old 05-31-2006, 09:42 AM

just a thought, have you tried re-flashing your firmware incase for some weird reason some sort of corruption in that is causing the excess battery drain.