android
Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester77k View Post
Another question I have is that right now I have went into the file search in rockbox type with this tool everything is green. But when I try to play music and expect to see the album art there is nothing there. Am I missing something here?
Which build and theme are you using?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
Which build and theme are you using?

I put on the kugel_stable build and the sentinelAA theme.
thanks for the help

Old 02-26-2008, 02:19 AM

Thats weird. Is a "cover.bmp" file in the album's folder? How do you copy your files on the sansa?

Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 AM

GIJoe, I had some problems yesterday. I was hooking up my sansa, running RockAA, disconnect, and start again...but after a period of time, my RockAA was reporting some odd things... If the folder had the OF image only it would report green instead of yellow. and If it had the rockbox image only it would report yellow...weird...I probably just needed to restart my computer.

Also I've noticed that RockAA will keep adding cover.jpg files...that is in some of my folders I know have cover.jpg, cover1.jpg, cover2.jpg....I don't see this with the .bmp files yet, but that may mean I haven't found them yet...

Could those extra files be causing me problems... Because right now, I'm having some problems with album art and data aborts.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
GIJoe, I had some problems yesterday. I was hooking up my sansa, running RockAA, disconnect, and start again...but after a period of time, my RockAA was reporting some odd things... If the folder had the OF image only it would report green instead of yellow. and If it had the rockbox image only it would report yellow...weird...I probably just needed to restart my computer.
Folder scan only shows the status for the save format you have currently selected. The yellow status is also reported if a folder has any image file but not the right one for the selected save format. So yellow means "There is an image, but it's not the right format or size, you should convert it".

Quote:
Also I've noticed that RockAA will keep adding cover.jpg files...that is in some of my folders I know have cover.jpg, cover1.jpg, cover2.jpg....
No, it does not. Unless you're using the user defined save format and naming your files "cover.jpg". And even then, RockAA will never automatically add a number to the file name. It's just not in the code

Quote:
Could those extra files be causing me problems... Because right now, I'm having some problems with album art and data aborts.
I don't think so. Rockbox only reads bmp files for album art.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 PM

I think I know what my problem is with my album art. I might not be saving my music the right way. Some of my music is from CDS some is from.... cough.....cough other places. I put my music into catagories like rock, country,rap. then I went by band. then the album name if it is there if there is one then the song.

I have tried to use WMP and made sure that I have albums on all songs I have used that to sync with my sansa. I have also tried to take all my music starting with the artist and just copy and paste into the music file on the sansa.

I have tried to use the ergon blue theme on rock box website. also it shows that it has the album art on it. what I dont know is if I just need to go to themes under rocks and load the one I want. or do I need to something else. It seems like the progress bar is does not look like the one in the picture.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:20 PM

G.I.Joe, your app rocks! I like it very much. Only problem is, you can't specify the output to be e.g. 120x120, which the cabbiev2 (official rockbox default theme) needs. 130x130 gets cropped in the WPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
At least most builds support resizing and I think resizing was also added to the official version, so this shouldn't happen...
Resizing isn't implemented yet. (official build)
See here.
Or is this an outdated info?

It's not a big issue, one can batch-resize the images, but an option whitin rockAA would be great and could optimize the workflow.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:28 AM

Version 0.7 will add user defined save formats (stored in XML files, you will be able to share them). I'm already halfway done with it, but right now I'm just too busy so there won't be a new version until fall. Sorry.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:22 AM

thank you for your reply and the info, very much appreciated. all the best for your personal matters! looking forward to v0.7

Old 04-25-2008, 01:35 PM

Default Question and or probem

Hey, I've been using your program for a couple of days now on my Ubuntu box... and I have to say it works great thank you ... I have a couple questions/problems... 1 sometimes when I do a search it tells me that it found covers... but they don't show up to select. Is this a bug or am i missing something. 2 is there a newer version coming that will parse out the Artist Name from the top folder then then the album from the child folders in the search criteria.. Or does it actually do this and I am running wrong?? Again .... thanks again this program makes running covers on Rockbox so much easier... Tim

Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacharnold View Post
Hey, I've been using your program for a couple of days now on my Ubuntu box... and I have to say it works great thank you ... I have a couple questions/problems... 1 sometimes when I do a search it tells me that it found covers... but they don't show up to select. Is this a bug or am i missing something. 2 is there a newer version coming that will parse out the Artist Name from the top folder then then the album from the child folders in the search criteria.. Or does it actually do this and I am running wrong?? Again .... thanks again this program makes running covers on Rockbox so much easier... Tim
1) RockAA skips useless (no or too small album art) Amazon search results. For some searches Amazon may return a few results but all of them are useless, so RockAA shows the number of search results but then filters them all.
2) RockAA has no special support for the kind of folder structure you are using. I know some people prefer sorting by artist and then by album. But how should RockAA know that the top folder is the artist name? Maybe you sorted your music collection by genre, then by year, then by artist and then by album? There are just way too many possible folder structures.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Rockbox Developer

Let the user define the folder structure in the settings, just like MM does Would be indeed nice.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Let the user define the folder structure in the settings, just like MM does Would be indeed nice.
Yes, it sure would be nice, but the advantage wouldn't justify the effort of implementing this feature. Most album names are unique or at least not very common, so searching for "artist + album name" or only the album name shouldn't really make a difference.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Rockbox Developer

There's a *lot* of albums simply named "Greatest Hits" or similar, though./

Old 04-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
There's a *lot* of albums simply named "Greatest Hits" or similar, though./
Yes, but "Greatest Hits" albums suck

Old 04-26-2008, 11:55 AM

Is there any way to make AA size larger instead of the default 130 x 130. Custom builds handle the larger sizes with no problem. Just asking.

I was actually thinking of larger images becuase I thought it could also be used on my son's itunes (drag and drop).

Old 04-26-2008, 01:18 PM

In any event it is a VERY useful program .... I agree with kugel though, some sort of user defined auto search pattern would be cool.

anyway
Thanks
Tim

Old 04-26-2008, 10:19 PM

Default Yes it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacharnold View Post
In any event it is a VERY useful program .... I agree with kugel though, some sort of user defined auto search pattern would be cool.

anyway
Thanks
Tim
Agreed, it is a very nice tool. Glad I found it and more glad someone created it. Well done..

Old 05-28-2008, 08:26 AM

Great tool!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:53 PM

Hey, great tool!
One question though. Is there possible to set any other standard image size, other than 130x130? Some themes use pictures up to 162x162 or something, and the resized 130x130 looks pretty shitty on them.
I know it's possible to change the image size from time to time, but it would be great if the program could remember the setting you wanted to use!

Thanks
/ Linus