android
Old 02-21-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaus View Post
I just downloaded the version 0.6 and first of all I want to thank you for this great app!
The new scan-function is pretty nice, but I recognized one little bug.
RockAA tells me for every folder, even in the ones I got a jpg called "Album Art" and a bmp called "Cover", that there would be a wrong album art format (Falsches Album Art Format auf deutsch).
If this would be fixed RockAA would be my even more favourite programm to organize my Album Arts!
Greatings, Nikolaus
A folder is marked as "wrong format" if there is at least one image file in the folder, but the name, the format or the size is wrong. I understand that this is kind of confusing and I will look into this feature again. Maybe I'll add more different states or I'll ignore wrong sizes if the target MP3 player supports resizing (a minimum size might also be a good solution). Thanks for your feedback.

Oh, and if someone has a Mac: Could you please test RockAA on Mac OS X? The old version had huge problems (it didn't even start). I think I fixed it, but I have no way to test it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2008, 06:46 PM

I tested it tonight at a mac os, visiting a friend and everything worked as well as at my pc at home. It was not a full test, but I downloaded a bunch of album arts and the download worked pretty well, we only got problems with itunes, but thats another story...
By the way, another bug I recognized is, that the yahoo-search isn't working proberly. I can search and the result seems to be fine, but I am not able to download any stuff I searched from yahoo.

P.S.: The yahoo-problem is on windows xp, as well as on os x

Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 AM

Thanks for testing.

Quote:
By the way, another bug I recognized is, that the yahoo-search isn't working proberly. I can search and the result seems to be fine, but I am not able to download any stuff I searched from yahoo.

P.S.: The yahoo-problem is on windows xp, as well as on os x
That's weird. Yahoo search works fine for me on XP, Vista and Linux. Some results can not be downloaded, because they're still in Yahoo's search index but the original, full size image was removed from the source web site. RockAA should give you an error message in this case.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
Thanks for testing.

That's weird. Yahoo search works fine for me on XP, Vista and Linux. Some results can not be downloaded, because they're still in Yahoo's search index but the original, full size image was removed from the source web site. RockAA should give you an error message in this case.

Yeah, you're right! I just tried it again, and everything works fine with yahoo.
It seems like I always got removed images at my first tries

Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 AM

The 0.6 beta is now available: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=578613

Old 02-22-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
RockAA tells me for every folder, even in the ones I got a jpg called "Album Art" and a bmp called "Cover", that there would be a wrong album art format (Falsches Album Art Format auf deutsch).
The beta-version fixed that, thanks!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 AM

It's working OK. I really like it. But here's some things.

1.I'd like to download the art into both formats (OF & Rockbox). So right now, I switch the button at the top and that works, but the status stays the same. that is, I open an album, its red. I search and save image in rockbox format. Switch to OF format to save for sansa, status still says green. But I save it anyway, cuz I know it's not there yet. Also that might be an option to add. Choice 1. OF; choice 2. rockbox; choice 3. both formats....

2. Also it would not scan my entire music directory...It only scanned and reported back 28 albums. Is there something messed up with my music structure or something. If I manually open each of the other album folders, I can add art, but not from scanning the whole music folder.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
1.I'd like to download the art into both formats (OF & Rockbox). So right now, I switch the button at the top and that works, but the status stays the same. that is, I open an album, its red. I search and save image in rockbox format. Switch to OF format to save for sansa, status still says green. But I save it anyway, cuz I know it's not there yet. Also that might be an option to add. Choice 1. OF; choice 2. rockbox; choice 3. both formats....
I'll try to add this in one of the next versions, it won't be in 0.6 though. Maybe I'll add rescaning on save format change to 0.6, should be easy.

Quote:
2. Also it would not scan my entire music directory...It only scanned and reported back 28 albums. Is there something messed up with my music structure or something. If I manually open each of the other album folders, I can add art, but not from scanning the whole music folder.
RockAA only lists folders that contain music files. If you're using a very exotic music format it may be missing in the list RockAA uses. Could you tell me the extension of the files?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:57 PM

It's all in mp3 format. on my sansa I have I:/Music/Artists/Album/song.mp3

ahhhhh...I just plugged in my sansa to look at things.....something that is weird...I'm using Vista and the folders of music that appeared in RockAA or normal looking, the rest of the folders that RockAA didn't see immediately are somewhat transparent, like they are hidden... The properties for them were selected as hidden....weird.

I changed them to 'un-hidden' and all is golden....I wonder why some were hidden and others not....is that an artifact from when I used to sync my sansa with WMP11?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Ah, now when I download art in OF format first it changes from red to yellow and then it becomes green when it is downloaded in Rockbox format.

so for those that want both formats perhaps another status is needed either two status windows for each album, one for each format or purple for good OF format bad rockbox format and blue for good rockbox but bad sansa....just ideas.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:14 PM

I'm using .mp3, .ogg, .mpc and .flac and every extension where recognized

Old 02-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I changed them to 'un-hidden' and all is golden.
RockAA ignored hidden folders. I've changed this.

RockAA currently recognizes all .mp3, .ogg, . wav, .wma, .mp3, .mpp, .mpc, .mp+, .m4a, .mp4, .flac and .ape files as music files. Is there any important format missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
so for those that want both formats perhaps another status is needed either two status windows for each album, one for each format or purple for good OF format bad rockbox format and blue for good rockbox but bad sansa....just ideas.
I'll add support for combined save formats along with user defined formats in 0.7.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Rockbox Developer

.wv at least (wavpack), mp2, mpa.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:18 AM

It's good work GIJoe....thanks and keep it up.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:51 PM

This is a really cool app but I have one problem.

Is it possible to resize the images to 100x100, either in RockAA or rockbox, itself? Right now all my images are being cropped.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scragsville View Post
Is it possible to resize the images to 100x100, either in RockAA or rockbox, itself? Right now all my images are being cropped.
Do you mean resizing without keeping the original image's aspect ratio?

Old 02-24-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
Do you mean resizing without keeping the original image's aspect ratio?

No, keeping the aspect ratio. Right now RockAA downloads 130x130 bmp images. The wps shows a 100x100 portion of the image, so i can't see the entire cover.

I hope that makes sense.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scragsville View Post
No, keeping the aspect ratio. Right now RockAA downloads 130x130 bmp images. The wps shows a 100x100 portion of the image, so i can't see the entire cover.
At least most builds support resizing and I think resizing was also added to the official version, so this shouldn't happen...

Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 PM

Default cool tool

I love this tool!! I am wondering if I am safe to put on an image for both the Sansa type image and the rockbox type image in the same album file? or will it cause rock box to not find the right file?

Another question I have is that right now I have went into the file search in rockbox type with this tool everything is green. But when I try to play music and expect to see the album art there is nothing there. Am I missing something here?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I love this tool!! I am wondering if I am safe to put on an image for both the Sansa type image and the rockbox type image in the same album file? or will it cause rock box to not find the right file?
I don't know, if I got you right, but if you mean album folder insteat of album file, than it's no problem to put two different files in it. One for OF and one for Rockbox.
I'm using cover.bmp's and Album Art.jpg's, both in the same ablum folder and it's working fine.

Quote:
Another question I have is that right now I have went into the file search in rockbox type with this tool everything is green. But when I try to play music and expect to see the album art there is nothing there. Am I missing something here?
I have no clue