android
Old 10-01-2007, 02:52 PM

Thanks have just tried this On rockbox

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Size doesn't matter....

If it is simple to make the app re sizable, I would like to be able to make it larger since often it returns many results. Your effort is appreciated and it is fine as is, but since monitor real estate is cheap these days, I could make it twice as large and still have enough room for other things. Just being able to grab it on the corner and size it would be that is needed. Just a thought since you asked for suggestions, I felt I would comment. Thanks again.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 AM

RockAA 0.11a released. It's just a small bugfix for the german Amazon search.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:50 PM

G.I.Joe, we are having a discussion about album art on the Rockbox section of ABi, and i had an idead/suggestion.

Is it possible so that after you click an image to save it as album art, the naming to be performed according to the filename you click.
As Album Art in rockbox require that you use Artist - Track name.bmp in order to get album art for a specific song.

So for example i'm looking for album art of Massive Attack - Teardrop, and when i click the image to save, after that i click the Massive Attack - Teardrop.mp3 file and the .bmp gets named like that.

I hope i was clear enough, and this feature would ease a lot of things.

Cheers.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeton View Post
G.I.Joe, we are having a discussion about album art on the Rockbox section of ABi, and i had an idead/suggestion.

Is it possible so that after you click an image to save it as album art, the naming to be performed according to the filename you click.
As Album Art in rockbox require that you use Artist - Track name.bmp in order to get album art for a specific song.

So for example i'm looking for album art of Massive Attack - Teardrop, and when i click the image to save, after that i click the Massive Attack - Teardrop.mp3 file and the .bmp gets named like that.

I hope i was clear enough, and this feature would ease a lot of things.

Cheers.
Sure, that's no problem. I just don't have the time to do it in the next 2 weeks, but I'll look into it after that.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:13 AM

That would be awesome! It will definitely help us poor souls who struggle with AlbumArt renaming and converting.

Thank you.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:28 AM

New version with an option to save album art for a single file instead of a whole album and improved speed and reliability.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:57 AM

Um... how do you add album art to music in Rockbox ????
I have the latest rockbox build....

Old 11-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the update

@suffer1989, use a custom build and see this http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AlbumArt

Old 12-09-2007, 05:53 PM

Okay, i swear this is the last request...

Is there a chance that when you select an image to save it, in the save dialog you can select multiple files (With holding CTRL) and the RockAA assigns the names to the images corresponding with each file you selected.

Sorry if this is too much.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Is there a chance that when you select an image to save it, in the save dialog you can select multiple files (With holding CTRL) and the RockAA assigns the names to the images corresponding with each file you selected.

Should be easy to do. I'll try to add it this year

Old 12-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Default :D

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

This year? Cool

Old 12-13-2007, 02:27 AM
Rockbox Developer

Okay - my comments, choose to take them on board, or ignore them at will :

Having to manually type in each artist name? Er - no thanks - not with my music collection. Have it scan a directory structure such as the one you have on your player, and grab the artist/album names from the folder names. Then search for ALL of them in one go.

See the way amarok does this already.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:31 AM

GodEater, i think this is what RockAA does. You don't need to type the name of the artist. You just select an image, and then you select the songs you want to have that Cover, and the .bmp files get named according to the songs you've chosen. No typing involved.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:02 AM
Rockbox Developer

Okay, I must be missing something then. How does RockAA know which images to fetch ?

Old 12-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Well, you're right GodEater, RockAA doesn't scan your mp3 collection and add missing covers like Amarok does. And it probably never will, because I created it as a small and simple tool (and I don't want to spend too much time on it ).
And now for something completely different: I'm thinking about rewriting RockAA, adding a better (at least resizable) interface and support for Amazon's Java API instead of just extracting the information from HTML pages (which will make RockAA faster and less vulnerable to changes of the Amazon pages). And I'll make it open source, which is pretty useless because it's a really simple program, but I may loose interest in it and then someone else can at least fix the bugs

Old 12-15-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:

Done

Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 AM

Just tried the new feature. Thank you very much. It really saves a lot of time typing all those filenames.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:02 PM

G.I.Joe - no questions or requests. Just a big THANK YOU for this tool. I'm re-organizing all my music files and finally backing up all my CD's to FLAC, and your tool is used on a daily basis.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 AM

New version with resizable GUI. Note that this is only a temporary solution, because it looks pretty ugly when you maximize a window with only a few search results. You can expect a better solution in 0.3.