android
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratonator View Post
Both Rockbox and the original firmware can resize the Album Art pictures. Adding a resize feature will be redundant.
I know. But Java offers a high quality algorithm for resizing wich should provide better results than Rockbox or the original firmware.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Wait, I dont understand

Its working for me but i don't know where to put the album art because the music folder isn't showing up.

whats happening?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Its working for me but i don't know where to put the album art because the music folder isn't showing up.
The OF have this annoying habit of hiding the music directory (folder). You should unhide it in your file manager and move your music some where else. I personally use musica.

Charles

Old 07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

Smile

Im sorry but where can I access this file manager?

and does OF mean Old firmware? If so where can I download the new FW?

Old 07-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Im sorry but where can I access this file manager?
The file manager from your computer, i.e.: Explorer, if you are using Windows.

Quote:
and does OF mean Old firmware?
OF means original firmware, i.e.: the stock Sansa firmware.

You actually have 2 choices. You can either set Rockbox to show all files which will clutter up you directory, or do what I tell you which is a better solution.

Charles

Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned

Oh, ok , thanks a lot, I got it

Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Great little app!!! Now, if only you could search Amazon by author to get covers of audio books...:-)

Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Smile

Great Tool. Would be even better if it wasn't Java (e.g. faster). Can i download the sourcecode anywhere? I'd like to try to port this to .Net (C#)

Old 08-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Please be careful with the crazy licensing issues with Amazon- you are only allowed to keep the images for 90 days. A number of Open Source projects either refresh them or redownload them after a period of time to get around that:

http://dot.kde.org/1114235288/1114249461/

I am mentioning this for your legal protection.

Charles

Old 08-02-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Please be careful with the crazy licensing issues with Amazon- you are only allowed to keep the images for 90 days. A number of Open Source projects either refresh them or redownload them after a period of time to get around that:

http://dot.kde.org/1114235288/1114249461/

I am mentioning this for your legal protection.

Charles
Thanks, I'll add a messsage at first startup, saying you have to redownload the pictures after 90 days. Thats the only thing I can do about this.
About Java: Java is not slow. It was slow several years ago, but it was heavily improved. I see no need to port RockAA, but I'll think about cleaning up the source code and publishing it.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Rockbox Developer

Would be nice, if you can add a mouse-over tool tip showing how big (size and resolution) the image is.
Also, I'd appreciate a function to resize the pics on saving, since BMPs are pretty big, and the resolution is too high for rockbox in most cases

Aren't there other sources for ablum arts? I think redownloading every 90 days is crazy..

Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
About Java: Java is not slow. It was slow several years ago, but it was heavily improved. I see no need to port RockAA, but I'll think about cleaning up the source code and publishing it.
You're right, it was slower some time ago, but it's not as fast as other languages are. And it's clear WHY Java is slower, because of the overhead it produces with cross platform stuff. That's a fact.
But it's not so bad for your application, the only thing i think is very slow is opening the Save-Dialog and browsing it.
Anyway, it's a real good tool. *thumbs up*

Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Rockbox Developer

There's not much real overhead for cross-platform stuff. The differences for cross-platform compatibility mostly lies in the interpreters on any given platform. That was the part of the point of JAVA, keeping the platform-specific stuff on the platform rather than in the binary.

.NET can be treated as cross-platform too, which is why the MONO project exists.

A lot of which is faster depends both on who's coding it, and what your program does. Both .NET and JAVA do have strengths, and anyone can make a benchmark to show that one is faster than the other if they pick the right conditions. Heck, someone made a benchmark to show JAVA was faster than "Optimized C++" at one point ( http://www.kano.net/javabench/ ). Instead of making sweeping statements, why not either try to optimize the JAVA code, or write your own .NET version and prove that it's faster under the same conditions?

Old 08-11-2007, 04:00 PM

question: is it possible to add a way for it to also search in google? a lot of times i can't find album art n amazon, but google finds it with no problem...

Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 PM

hey can u add a feature to search wikipedia. wikipedia has the cover for alot of the single tracks and new unreleased albums

Old 09-04-2007, 01:28 PM

Any chance of proxy support? I have to connect through a proxy server at work...

Old 09-04-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharshank View Post
hey can u add a feature to search wikipedia. wikipedia has the cover for alot of the single tracks and new unreleased albums
If they're unreleased, why do you need the Album Art?
And no, you can't search Wikipedia because you don't know the exact name of the file you're looking for.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 09-10-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoholic View Post
Any chance of proxy support? I have to connect through a proxy server at work...
I'll try to add this.

Edit: I've added code that should allow you to configure and use a proxy, but I don't have a proxy so I can't test it. Maybe you can have a look.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RockAA.zip (22.8 KB, 37 views)

Old 09-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Hi!

Just tested the new version with proxy support, and... Works perfectly! At last I can get the AlbumArts at my workplace Thanks for your work!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardlord View Post
Just tested the new version with proxy support, and... Works perfectly! At last I can get the AlbumArts at my workplace Thanks for your work!
Wow, I didn't think it would work. I tried entering a made up proxy for testing, thinking I would get an error message. But it seems like Java ignores the proxy settings, if the proxy is not available.
I'll add the warning message about redownloading from Amazon and add this version to the front page.