android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 05-20-2007, 11:22 PM

Default KSC75 vs. Sennheiser HD 201 vs. OVC T11 Earphones. Round 1, Fight!

My local radio shack is having a sale on Ksc75s, and I thought I would buy one, or at least that is until I saw that amazon.com linked to another site for even less. Then I noticed that the amazons were selling Sennheiser HD201 Headphones for a pretty dare good price. Than again, I remember hearing about OVC T11 Earphones

That leads me to ask quite a few questions. One, has anyone here used both of them, and can they tell me which has better audio quality, when you take away the noise of the crowds from the equation, and the fact that they are totally different makes? Also, has anyone used the cans on an Insignia player? Do Insignias have the juice for cans?

Also, the price sounds too good to be true. Is it? If so, who should I buy cheap headphones from?

P.S. Please do not start a Holywar on the lawn, regarding IEMs vs. cans vs. bone conduction. It has just been mowed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

These were my first 2 pairs of headphones. I am a huge supporter of the 75's. They do no wrong in my eyes. Now for the 201. This is a great headphone with acoustic, small jazz, vocal and folk type music. This headphone can put much more expensive ones to shame, especially in these genres. If you listen to more than these genres, I highly encourage you to get the 75's.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Old 06-20-2007, 08:17 AM

Anyone know how the T11's sound? Some said that they sound so terrible...they aren't soo cheap on Houseofdap (25 usd without shipping)

Old 06-20-2007, 09:55 AM

I have never heard them. But the KSC-75's are simply the best under 30 dollar headphone on the market today, IMO.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
I have never heard them. But the KSC-75's are simply the best under 30 dollar headphone on the market today, IMO.
Come on Jdgafflin, I think we can bump that price up near $100.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Come on Jdgafflin, I think we can bump that price up near $100.

Well, I dont know about that. My DT231's, my SR-60's, my Panasonic RP-HTX7's and my iGrados all sound better then my KSC-75'2. And they were a bit more expensive.

That being said, for the $8.35 I spent for them on Amazon, I couldn't be happier.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:18 PM

So I have got a pair of OVC T11s. They could've sounded better, but after some EQ & sound settings tweaking on my Meizu, they sounded fine. One thing that I like about them is that they are the most nice looking earphones I'v seen. The sound could be a "disapointment" for some people tho. Not for me.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 AM

I've recently ordered a pair of Koss KSC75s, and I'd be glad to post my opinion here once I've received them.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 PM

If those Sennheisers are of the same design as the HD-497, you might want to steer clear of them (although at $20, it's not a bad deal).

I bought the 497s and they really hurt your ears after a while. Maybe Sennheiser has fixed that but it looks like the same basic earcup design to me. I don't know what they're smoking but unless you have really small ears, they sit right on them and it hurts!

On the bright side, if they have the same drivers as the 497s, they should sound pretty decent (although those drivers sound a lot better in an open backed enclosure, IMO).

I haven't heard the Koss ones but everybody raves about them so you really can't go wrong with them for the price. I don't like clip ons though. I can't stop adjusting them and they pinch, if you ask me.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 AM

I own a pair of T10s and a pair of T11s.
The T11 have more bass but sound more distorted, if that is the correct word in that case, in the rest of the spectrum.
The T10 have less bass and sound more clearly at all.
My Cresyn AXE-600 sound better at all.
Shine On, Frank