android
Old 08-29-2007, 09:36 PM

I'm gonna do a new build, hopefully tonight, that will fix everything.

School's kickin me in the @$$ right now so I won't be able to get builds out as often. But I'll try to get a good, highly usable build out every couple weeks.

The build was updated. Scrolling margins isn't working, but i don't have time to fix that now. The new forum theme looks cool too.

Last edited by digerati1338; 08-29-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Build Updated

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-29-2007, 11:30 PM

I'm still getting that black screen thing in this build. I thought it was scrolling margins, but i guess not. I'll get rid of that soon. For now, just go back a few builds. Use the changelog. About 3 builds back is good.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:59 PM

I really hope you get this working soon I need that Estimated Runtime Scaling patch

Old 08-30-2007, 10:46 PM

OK - I have a working build. I took off some of the complicated patches that I thought might be causing the problems with the black screen. But it is a working build with album art, bmp resize, mpegplayer, and some other basic patches. I will work the other patches in as I have time to build and test them. I can't remember if I put the runtime scaling patch in this one or not...

Oh, and I fixed RettumPodv2 WPS. There was an unnecessary %m in there that made it require scrolling margins. Now it runs without that, and looks exactly the same. It is packaged with the latest build.

I also added a couple more WPS's to the build. Energon Blue, Shansa, and some others.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:17 PM

I can't seem to get the videos and photos menu's to work, what do I have to name the folders on my computer?

Old 09-16-2007, 08:14 PM

Does the Digibuild include the Album Art module? I have loaded the latest Digibuild and the album art is not showing on the theme I use. It works with the chrisjs and cpchan builds, so I can only assume that your latest build didn't have albumart included.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Does the Digibuild include the Album Art module? I have loaded the latest Digibuild and the album art is not showing on the theme I use. It works with the chrisjs and cpchan builds, so I can only assume that your latest build didn't have albumart included.
Once of the SVN updates I believe messed up quite a few WPS patches, including the Album Art. I just spent the past hour or two fixing my build due to the problems that occurred. In any event, if you unpatch your build, fix any failed hunks, repatch it, and fix any failed hunks, it should work.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Album Art works fine for me with my latest build. (Its actually almost a month old by now I think. Don't know when I'll have time to get another out.).

Old 09-23-2007, 03:52 PM

Album art isnt working for me and i have your latest build

Old 09-23-2007, 03:56 PM

how do i get album artwork on screen?

Old 09-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digerati1338 View Post
Album Art works fine for me with my latest build. (Its actually almost a month old by now I think. Don't know when I'll have time to get another out.).
yeh, we could do with a new build soon

Old 09-23-2007, 07:26 PM

I'll try to get a new build out within the week. I've got a full schedule though and it is my homecoming week, so I don't know how it will go. Depends on homework and my job really.

When I do get it out I'll make sure to do thorough testing so all the patches work. With fewer releases now, I'll try to make each one high-quality and stable.

For album art, It works fine for me on rettumpodv2. It is actually rettumpodv2.1 since I released a new version with my last build. There was a single, unnecessary scroll margin in there. I removed it so it doesn't need the scroll margin patch (it still works the same, it was a static line). Anyway, try album art with that theme or another that doesn't use many other patches. I can't remember if I included scrolling margins or not in my last build. And update your rettumpod themes to the one packaged in the build (just overwrite it.)

Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 PM

OK, I downloaded this build and everything was working, but I didn't really like it too much (don't get me wrong, its a great build, i just like to customize my sansa the way I want it) and I uninstalled rockbox with this procedure:

open sansapatcher==>type u, hit enter==>patcher tells me the boatloader is uninstalled, hit enter to exit player==>everything is fine. I then deleted the .rockbox files off of my sansa. Then I unzipped the original rockbox file to my sansa but when i turned on my sansa, it didn't load the rockbox firmware. I can I get rockbox back onto my sansa?

Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer777 View Post
open sansapatcher==>type u, hit enter==>patcher tells me the boatloader is uninstalled
If you want to run Rockbox, you have to have the bootloader installed. Bootloaders and builds are not related. To update Rockbox all you have to do is either copy the new .rockbox folder over the old (if it's the same build), or delete, or rename the old .rockbox folder, then copy the new .rockbox folder to your player. I've got about 4 builds on my e280, and all I have to do to switch builds is rename their folders and reboot: Whichever one is named .rockbox will boot (if you have the bootloader installed, of course).

Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 PM

nevermind, forgot to reinstall the bootloader, my bad.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarlson View Post
If you want to run Rockbox, you have to have the bootloader installed. Bootloaders and builds are not related. To update Rockbox all you have to do is either copy the new .rockbox folder over the old (if it's the same build), or delete, or rename the old .rockbox folder, then copy the new .rockbox folder to your player. I've got about 4 builds on my e280, and all I have to do to switch builds is rename their folders and reboot: Whichever one is named .rockbox will boot (if you have the bootloader installed, of course).
I thought to switch between, let's say, cpchan, chrisjs, and didgibuild I had to run sansapatcher each time. But what you're saying is I can just copy all three to the sansa into their own folders and rename the folders to ".rockbox" whenever I want to change? cool.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM

One of the advantages of rockbox being designed to be hardware-indepentent executable.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenter940 View Post
I thought to switch between, let's say, cpchan, chrisjs, and didgibuild I had to run sansapatcher each time. But what you're saying is I can just copy all three to the sansa into their own folders and rename the folders to ".rockbox" whenever I want to change? cool.
You can switch between way more easy: Just click on any rockbox.mi4 while being in rockbox.

Let's say you have: .rockbox and .rockbox_2. When you booted into .rockbox, you can go to .rockbox_2 in the filebrowser and click (run) the rockbox.mi4 in that folder. No need to rename at all!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Do you think you could possibly send the build to me in a different way than a zip file? My winrar won't work, I reinstalled and everything and It just wont oped up!

edit: ha, I guess it won't let me install any program, I wonder whats wrong...

Old 09-26-2007, 12:24 AM

Winrar sucks. Get 7-Zip. But a zip utility should be built in to your OS. just right click and extract all.

Closed Thread