android
Old 12-25-2007, 06:46 PM

New build is out. I'm down to only 3 patches now... that's good I guess since it means a lot of stuff is getting committed.

This one has updated pictureflow stuff. That's really the only reason for it. Merry Christmas!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2007, 11:15 PM

I wish to download your latest build, but it seems as you have exceeded the bandwidth limit on your site.

EDIT: Well, I tried to download this morning and it worked. Don't know why it kept giving me bandwidth exceeded error.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Yes, I have noticed that I've been getting some of those on my site too. The host is googlepages, and its free, so I can't complain, but I am trying to work around that. I guess its a good thing though since it means Im getting a lot of traffic; I just need to figure out what to do about bandwidth.

I put up a mirror site that should help with this. These builds are the thing that is probablly taking up my bandwidth, so mirroring them should help. If I still get bandwidth problems, I might try separating it into the build and then the latest update like kugel does.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:27 AM

I suggest you use box.net to host the downloads.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:58 AM

Default Bad themes?

I've noticed that many of the album art themes (Anemone, Orange, Barracuda...) on your build don't work properly. On the Anemone one, for example, you get the background and fonts, but during song playback, all you get is some text at the top of the screen showing the song you're playing and a couple of horizontal sound level bars moving to the music right below that. Switch to Barracuda, and all you get is the same thing, but with the Barracuda background and fonts.

Any thoughts?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:05 AM

^ I have the same problem as the above poster, but I thought it might just be me so I didn't say anything. Most of the themes with Album Art don't work either...

Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 AM

yeh, I was gonna say the only problem with this build now is that you don't have bmp resize patch, so album art has to be exact size and that you don't have most of the theme patches ether, only veiwpoints. Add those patches, and hey presto, best build for me!

p.s: this would be nice if it gets done!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:54 AM

The BMP resize patch doesn't work.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 AM

hm, strange it's in kugels build, he said he synced it himself.

but it's not that much of a problem for me I use, and have used for a long time, the colossus theme so all my AA is 176x176 but the colossus theme does not work with digibuild

Old 01-02-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookiePrancer
I've noticed that many of the album art themes (Anemone, Orange, Barracuda...) on your build don't work properly.
I'm aware of this. Some of those used to be included with my build when they did work with it. A while ago, I stopped including scrolling margins and customline and some other patches that they required. Now that there is a viewports patch, I'm using that. All of those other patches (which are a pain in the @$$ to keep in sync with the build) are going to be replaced by viewports, and will never be committed to SVN.

None of those patches will ever be officially supported by rockbox, and most of the WPSes they use will eventually be ported to viewports.

Many themes do work. RettumPodv2 is the theme I use, and I make sure that theme always works with my build. It supports album art, and resizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeton
The BMP resize patch doesn't work.
Yes it does. I synced it myself like kugel. It was pretty simple, the only thing that messed it up was the Pictureflow commit. Since it hasn't been properly synced with pictureflow yet, pictureflow just crops AA to the size it needs. In the WPS, my BMP resize patch does work.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digerati1338 View Post
Yes it does.
Yep. Now it works, I probably downloaded the build before you synced, that's why it didn't work then.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digerati1338 View Post
I'm aware of this. Some of those used to be included with my build when they did work with it. A while ago, I stopped including scrolling margins and customline and some other patches that they required. Now that there is a viewports patch, I'm using that. All of those other patches (which are a pain in the @$$ to keep in sync with the build) are going to be replaced by viewports, and will never be committed to SVN.

None of those patches will ever be officially supported by rockbox, and most of the WPSes they use will eventually be ported to viewports.

Many themes do work. RettumPodv2 is the theme I use, and I make sure that theme always works with my build. It supports album art, and resizing.

Yes it does. I synced it myself like kugel. It was pretty simple, the only thing that messed it up was the Pictureflow commit. Since it hasn't been properly synced with pictureflow yet, pictureflow just crops AA to the size it needs. In the WPS, my BMP resize patch does work.

Cool. Don't really miss them, but just wanted to make sure I didn't have a screwed up build download.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 AM

Just wondering, does viewpoints replace multifont?

because if thats so, then to get colossus to work it just has to be re-made for viewpoints, I managed to get it to work with your build by removing the 'next' line as that used scrolling margins but I had to use the tiny wps font for the menus

Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienose View Post

because if thats so, then to get colossus to work it just has to be re-made for viewpoints, I managed to get it to work with your build by removing the 'next' line as that used scrolling margins but I had to use the tiny wps font for the menus
That's *viewports,* pienose. Personally, I'm hoping that all of the themes will be redone for viewports ASAP. I'd do the work myself if I knew how.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:55 AM

Don't know if i mentioned it, but i'm liking this build, the way it's packaged, patches, icons and themes.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Yeh, the only two things I don't like about it is that colosus wont work, atm and that it does not have new keymap for the text editor (FS#7873) those are the only main reasons I use kugel's build.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienose
ATM, Kind of. It does allow different font colors, but AFAIK, it doesn't allow a different font in a different viewport. YET. I do believe that the devs will never commit userfonts in favor of the ability to have a different font in each viewport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_works
Personally, I'm hoping that all of the themes will be redone for viewports ASAP.
This is the direction things should go. It is actually fairly simple to port. anything that needs scrolling margins or odd text position or different text color (any patch that won't get committed) just gets its own viewport. The syntax is %V|xpos|ypos|width|height|FGcolor|BGcolor|.
The confusing part is that that gets its own line, and everything beneath it is in that viewport, until you tell it another viewport.

So when coding a WPS, everything in the default viewport comes first. This would normally be progress bar, battery, play/pause indicator, etc. These could go in a viewport too, but it just gets more confusing. After all those are in place, add the text that needs a viewport at the bottom of the WPS. The lines before it make no difference since it's in its own viewport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienose
it does not have new keymap for the text editor
Took a look at that patch, and I think I will include it in my next build. The text editor drives me crazy sometimes if i push up trying to move the selector up and I accidentally save.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:27 PM

I hope you'll be doing an update soon, as the MPEG Player has seek support now:
Quote:
008-01-03: Improved UI and seeking support for the video player.
And, any chance for adding FS#8308 ?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Default Videos + Photos

Hi,

i like your build very much...

You are stating that the Video and Photo menus should work with the latest build 31.12. - but unfo not for me...

I created two new folders called "videos" and "photos" in root but when clicking on 'Videos' or Photos' in the menu the whole root dir will be displayed.

Any hint?

thx
coasting

Old 01-04-2008, 06:11 PM

It should use the folders created by the OF, try putting the media there.

Closed Thread