android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Speakers

Old 05-17-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Connect an other player than IPOD to their connector?

Hi!
I am planning on buying a altec lansing im9 for my girlfriend, cause she uses a Nano. I myself use a meizu m6 (great player ) and would like to also use the ability to keep it charged while i use the portable speakers, as with the ipod.

I got this idea that you should be able to make a cord with a ipod connector head in one end that goes into the speakers and the other end has a oridinary headphone plug and a small usb-head so that i can play and charge my meizu to! Do you understand my idea?

Has this been done? Is it possible or does the ipod use strange signalstrenght and voltages and so? I dont want to fry my player....
Is there anywhere i can by this or the parts i need? I am guessing that the female ipod connector could be hard to come by.

I think it could be a good thing because then you could use any player that charge via usb with any ipod appliance. Freedom of choice, right?!

Dikim

Last edited by Dikim; 05-17-2007 at 04:35 AM. Reason: typo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It's possible, I'm sure. Personally, though, I'd go with a set of speakers that weren't iPod-specific.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Banned

Well, some of the iPod speakers are neat looking... Wouldnt it just be easier to buy speakers that plug in via the headphone jack. And, Im sure you can play your files on the PC when the player is charging via USB...

Old 05-20-2007, 11:42 AM

It has a line in input, but its the charge function i am really after. I just thought it would be a neat thing to have. I have been googling a bit and i dont think it is impossible, just have to get the right current since ipod charges at 12v.
As far as i know there arent any high end portable speakers that lets you charge through USB, or is there?

Old 06-17-2007, 01:54 AM

If you arent requiring portability or battery power here is a suggestion

( I just picked one up today at a clearance house *xscargo*)

The JVC UX-EP25

This thing has a lot of features for the price paid

CD player that will read mp3 format discs
AM/FM tuner

and best of all

IPOD input with charging capability

USB input with charging capability for DAPs/mem sticks loaded with music

3.5mm aux input

1 Head phone jack

2nd USB input on back to attach to computer if you use the comp as music source ( havent tried this feature out yet need a longer cable)

Most importantly a remote clicker that does basic cycling of songs on both the IPOD via its input and DAP into the USB input ( have only tried my MPIO in it so far ). The clicker also operates my home stereo (JVC also)

Sound quality is on par or better with any of the other smaller micro systems out there that I have heard.

My only complaint is the USB wont recognize multi layers or files within files.

A

Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 PM

most players you can find a dock LIKE an ipod dock for made specifically for that player/ player family, most have charge function (I know none that don't) you can probably find something that fits your player, I personally wat an alarm clock that fits my T9 and can play music off of it as an alarm. I bet I'll find something