android
Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Editor

Default How to get your review posted here

I decided to start a separate forum for user reviews. If you would like to see your review posted here please do not ask. Moderators will make the decision to move your review to this forum.

Here are some things that will help your review to get posted here:
  • Well written.
  • No spelling errors
  • In depth
  • Not posted anywhere else. ie Amazon or other commerce sites.
  • Photos are a plus but not neccesary

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

Can we review things already reviewed by you? By the way, amazing idea!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-nine View Post
Can we review things already reviewed by you? By the way, amazing idea!
absolutely... and reviewed by other users too! I will post any review if it is good enough no matter how many times it was reviewed.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

Sweet I'll probably review my Sony Bean and Samsung YP-T9 sometime soon... Again, great idea!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:39 PM

Can I review a pair of headphones?

Old 10-27-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfa View Post
Can I review a pair of headphones?
Sure, there is a sub-forum for headphones reviews.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...play.php?f=102
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 05-29-2008, 12:32 PM

Can I review the ZVM? I doubt you guys might accept it, cause its out of production... but thats the only PMP I have.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Default My review of the Cowon iAudio7 16G player

Hi. I wrote this for amazon.com but thought I would submit here also.

AMAZING sound quality poor interface, <nobr>December 31, 2008</nobr>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">By </td><td>bluerose "bluerose" (US) - See all my reviews</td></tr></tbody></table>
I just placed an order for my second Cowon I7; my original beloved one lost a fight with a car door earlier this week.
About 14 mo ago when my Zen 5 started acting up I went searching for a better quality music player. After checking out various sites, and IRC forums, I went with the Cowon I7 with upgraded ear buds. My needs are for music (not video):
- Loud and Clear: In both high end headphones or so-so gym speakers for aerobics
- Easy to create and edit, ordered, play lists
- Long battery life.
Everyone has different standards but for my above-listed needs:
Cowon's sound with Shure SE530 head phones is amazing. The I7 has 8 or 16G of memory - either being enough for my needs. The file types supported include MP3, OGG, FLAC, WAV, XviD, and others I don't use. The JetEffect and EQ settings offered so many possibilities I was a bit overwhelmed. Soon I learned more can be better and that there are many audio enthusiasts out there in forums who will teach you if you are willing to ask.
The battery life of the player is amazing. I always got 30+ hours out of one charge for music.
The only reason that I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is because of the clunky design and buggy firmware. The sound reeled me in right away or I would have returned the thing that first week after trying to figure the button logic (give it up - there is none).
Also, it does not allow for easily editable playlists. To get what I want, in order, it was easiest to drag and drop to a subfolder while the I7 was connected to my PC (I need an ordered playlist for aerobics). The I7 doesn't really do playlists at all, rather you create sub-folders and add songs in the order you want them, which may be a pain with DRMS music, which I don't do.
In the past I have owned or tried: a Rio, Zune, iRiver, and Zen. The i7 by Cowon is by far the best sound quality and volume level that I have come across. As an added bonus you can control playback speed -- for those of you who use BPM for workouts.
My quest taught me that not everyone has the same needs in a player. If you care more about an easy interface and cool accessories then this isn't the player for you. If loud, clear music in a small package with a long battery life is what you want then you will love the I7.
I have never used it for video, but its small screen size makes me think it isn't the best player for that medium

Old 12-24-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
I decided to start a separate forum for user reviews. If you would like to see your review posted here please do not ask. Moderators will make the decision to move your review to this forum.
So do we post the review here or do we post the review in other areas of the forum and hope that you move our reviews to here? Sorry if I am a little slow but I just want to make sure that I am doing it right.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupprtTekkie View Post
So do we post the review here or do we post the review in other areas of the forum and hope that you move our reviews to here? Sorry if I am a little slow but I just want to make sure that I am doing it right.
post it anywhere and then ping a mod to get their attention and we will move it if we feel it stands with the rest of the reviews.