android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Worthless neeon 2

I just bought a neeon 2 (2gb) plugged it in to my pc downloaded a heap of files... and hey presto, i was up and going.

After a couple hours of listening, it froze and would not turn back on, i tried the reset, nope. I tried to charge it, nope. So it was dead after three hours.

I had it exchanged, got a new one, plugged it in, tried to download files from my pc. It did so, but when i started to listen, all the wma's sounded like a cd skipping ahead every few seconds and mp3's had little clicks and beeps all the way through.

So i thought maybe i'll try a firmware upgrade... went to creative site, downloaded, ran it, the neeon rebooted and came up with a message "firmware problem", it did this about 3 times before the firmware upgrade program said, upgrade successful. but when i look at my player info, the firmware is still at where it was when i bought it.

and i guess while im here having a moan... the playback sound quality on this player is the worst quality i have ever heard of any player. My old 128Mb iAudio, my old sony minidisc, and a friends i-pod all sound a thousand times better than this. And the equaliser / bass boost may as well not exist as they do nothing to improve the sound.

So i'm three seconds away from hitting this thing with a hammer such that i will get some satisfaction from my $150. And i havn't heard anything back from creative support regarding my problems. So if u'r thinking about getting a neeon 2. I would seriously reconsider. seriously!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]