android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 05-04-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Fake Sennheiser CX300/Creative EP630 for $1.91 (free shipping)

For anyone who wants to try if the CX300/EP630 style in-ear buds are the right thing for one's ears - here you can buy the fakes for a reasonable price (instead of bidding for them on eBay, tricked into thinking they're the real deal ): http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/Produ...px?TranID=1442

Price is $1.91, including free worldwide shipping. Store is located in Hong Kong. For that price, you probably can't go wrong. For testing the fit only, that is - they certainly sound terrible.

I ordered some screen protectors from that site, they should be legit. I read that they're the same company as DealExtreme.com - I had good customer experience with DealExtreme.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2007, 08:13 AM

And here's fake V-Moda Vibes for $2.52: http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/Produ...px?TranID=1439

EDIT: Do not buy those - they sound utterly horrible.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:50 PM

I couldn't resist, I had to order the $2.52 "V-Moda Vibe"...

They sound like Edison's first gramophone experiments, under water, with a highpass filter. But maybe I should give them time to burn in.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Heh... That should be interesting!

You might want to use an ohmmeter to verify that the ground lug in the headphone jack is connected, seeing as how it looks like this company used a lot of reclaimed parts in this frankenstein experiment!

Old 06-13-2007, 03:08 PM

The fakes do have strain relief.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:10 PM

I dunno if they recycled a lot... the Sony logo looks terribly fake with the big (R), I don't think it's a real Sony part at all. And the housing of the fake one is also a bit different - much sharper edges, and a larger middle part.

Although they compare quite nicely to the Sony EX51/71...

Old 06-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Ok, I gave them a chance, letting them burn in over night. They still sounded terribly sibillant with no bass whatsoever, so I stuffed some foam down the tone canals. With an insane EQ setting of +9 -4 +2 -6 -6 (the best sounding setting for these POS'es) they still sounded like AM radio streamed over a cellphone that's been dropped in the toilet one too many times...

Worst $2 I ever spent - you get what you pay for, definitely.

If you see them somewhere: run, don't walk away.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 PM

In the name of audio science, I salute you dfkt

Old 06-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Ok, I gave them a chance, letting them burn in over night. They still sounded terribly sibillant with no bass whatsoever, so I stuffed some foam down the tone canals. With an insane EQ setting of +9 -4 +2 -6 -6 (the best sounding setting for these POS'es) they still sounded like AM radio streamed over a cellphone that's been dropped in the toilet one too many times...

Were they at least still fully metal? May be possible to swap the drivers in my real cx300s to the fake vibe housing. I'm not feeling too strong about the cheapo plastic on the cx300s.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 06-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Yes, the phone housing is metal. The cable divider and plug is plastic, however.

The fakes are a bit less comfortable than the real Vibes, however - since the edges are sharper, and the knurled center part is larger. BTW, the fakes are J-cables, not Y-cables, like the real ones.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

Sounds a lot like my experience with a cheap set of Maxell IEM's last year!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 AM

Nice. Well, the cheap copies aren't thaaat bad. I have bought a pair of ipod earphone copies, sounded "ok". For that cheap price, it is a good deal. Because if you go to the mall here in sweden and buy a pair of $10 earphones, they will be worse than these copies. I have bought 5 pair of copies from that site/dealextreme. They sound pretty much ok. Some has fine bass, but teribble clarity and such. Some have none bass and ok clarity. I think that you know what I'm saying.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 PM

No, I don't. Given that dfkt has tested them against the real thing, I would venture to say that the copies sound a kin to listening to music through a toliet full with shit. But I digress.

Walk good,

Old 06-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Yeah, I bought a pair of EUR 0.90 (~$1.20) Vivanco earbuds here in a store in Austria, and they sound remarkably better than these horrible Kaidomain fakes.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I bought a pair of EUR 0.90 (~$1.20) Vivanco earbuds here in a store in Austria, and they sound remarkably better than these horrible Kaidomain fakes.
Very strange.

I have bought these: http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3402
They sound nice, clear and nice bass(don't expect anything wow tho). I use them sometimes. (they have the annoying short cord with the metal thingy) [These were worth the cash]

These: http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3396
Sound ok, the sound could be more clear, probably more like the sound of the earphones that you got. (high bass tho) [These were not worth it I think]

And these: https://www.kaidomain.com/UploadFile...062500_med.jpg
Sounds almost as original iPod earphones. [Worth if you want to replace the iPod earphones]

Dfkt, I haven't bought the ones that you have but just couse the ones you bought sucked totally, doesn't mean that all of them do

I have heard that the Sen CX300s sound nice...
https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/Prod...px?TranID=1442
Might get them.

But, com'on, they are like $2, if you wont like them, just give them to a friend or someone

Old 06-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima_Meizu View Post
But, com'on, they are like $2, if you wont like them, just give them to a friend or someone
I wouldn't give those to my worst enemy - noone deserves to be punished that vile.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't give those to my worst enemy - noone deserves to be punished that vile.
Duh. Audiophiles with their $100 earphones I gave a pair of the $4 to my sis and she liked them, a lot better than her earphones that came with her MP3 ^^

Old 06-22-2007, 04:08 PM

However, I would give the EUR 0.90 buds to my worst enemy...

Old 06-23-2007, 03:27 PM

Meh. ^^ They do look very nice tho. I allways like copies even if they aren't the best (for that price, they are still worth it lol).

Old 06-23-2007, 03:46 PM

Go buy them, then tell me how they sound.