android
Old 04-30-2007, 06:32 PM

I vote to keep the Doom controls. They are appropriate when playing in landscape mode. Unless previous controls had the ability to turn with the scrollwheel. In that case, please do revert back =D

Also, could you please put in the new Bubble plugin controls? It is the only thing in cpchan's build that yours does not have yet AFAIK

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The www rockbox server is down right now, and I have to leave in about 10 mins, but I can at least re-add the doom patch. My host is starting to complain about me using too much CPU time, so I've niced the script to 19, otherwise I'll have to move it to my computer and upload it to that server (the server it's on now is faster)

EDIT: Just tried to compile....can't add patches because the server being down. If it doesn't get automatically compiled by the time I get back (~8 hours) I'll manually compile it. The two downloads should still work, just without the doom patch. Last known working update: 1:14 AM PDT, (8:14 AM PDT I believe; basically three hours ago)

Last edited by chrisjs162216; 05-01-2007 at 06:20 AM.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Using PuTTY to SSH into access the compile server from school. Since the Rockbox server is back up, I have a backup compiling now. Main compile complete, I'll do the other one later. Should be using newest build now.

Jack

Old 05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
The www rockbox server is down right now, and I have to leave in about 10 mins, but I can at least re-add the doom patch. My host is starting to complain about me using too much CPU time, so I've niced the script to 19, otherwise I'll have to move it to my computer and upload it to that server (the server it's on now is faster)
Try to convince your host to set up ccache. Rocbox is set up to use it. It really speeds up subsequent compiles and use less resources.

Charles

Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks Charles. Just finished setting that up, and have Rockbox using it now. Hopefully that'll be enough.

Jack

Also: does anyone use the build(2).tar.gz files? I don't mind leaving them up if people are using them, but it sorta adds a little bit of cpu time (and about 10-15 seconds of real time) to the build. Not too big a deal, but I'd kinda like to find a few ways to get CPU time down, even though ccache seems to have lowered it

EDIT:
Quote:
Also, could you please put in the new Bubble plugin controls? It is the only thing in cpchan's build that yours does not have yet AFAIK
Sorry about the delay, it's compiling now

In addition, would anyone be interested in support for WMA? (FS4984)

Last edited by chrisjs162216; 05-01-2007 at 04:41 PM.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
In addition, would anyone be interested in support for WMA? (FS4984)
Lol yea of course!!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Just jumped ship and am using your build right now xD

I've noticed a few things. The Videos label on the Main Menu does not lead directly to the Videos folder. Instead, it just leads to the general File Browser

Also, could you please add the main menu label for Photos? The full name is: photos_menu.patch

PS: The HDD LED thing is hilarious. It's really silly to see it when the backlight is on, but when it's off, it's so sick. I have to assume it's a battery killer though. =(

Is there any option in the Options so that the HDD LED only turns on when the backlight is off? That would be great. If we can already control how long the wheel light stays on, this shouldn't be too difficult :P

Old 05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The HDD LED is separate from all the scrollwheel settings, so I dunno how difficult it'd be. In addition, it's based on the ata_led function in firmware/target/arm/sandisk/sansa-e200/ata-e200.c, and since it's really supposed to be a HDD LED, it isn't really supposed to be turned off :P In addition, I'm not much of a programmer, more just a compiler, but if FS7089 has turns into a patch, there's a possibility that could be changed.

For the video menu thing, do you have a directory called Videos? If you don't, Rockbox will only go to the directory above it, which is the root.
EDIT: Just noticed that on cpchan's build, it's called 'video'. Is it worth me doing the same to make it easier for everyone to switch back and forth if needed? Photos dir will be called 'photo' for the same reason.
END-EDIT
Photo menus patch will be up in a few mins

@godess - Provided I can get it added (shouldn't be too hard) I'll also have it up in a few mins.

Last edited by chrisjs162216; 05-01-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM

I believe my videos folder is called VIDEO (the default folder from the original firmware)

However, this has always worked for me when using cpchan's build, including his latest one from today. After updating to his latest build today, I even used the Videos label on the main menu to find a video. Everything was fine

Now that I am using your build, it no longer works for some reason. I'm positive that if I change the name of the folder, it'll work. However, I would only like one videos folder that both the original firmware and Rockbox share

EDIT: In cpchan's latest build, he has an updated version of the Videos Menu patch. Could that be it?

Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

(assuming) that Rockbox isn't being case sensitive, and I kind of doubt it is, cpchan's build works because the folder name he defined is 'video' which, in caps, would be the same as the OF's. I just fixed this in my build, so hopefully nobody will have a problem with it.

I'm also adding WMA (well, I'm going to try at least) so it may be a few more minutes before I start building it.

EDIT: I think WMA support will work now, but I've never actually added a new codec before...builds on the Rockbox site are updating now, and since it says it'll take ~12 mins, I'm just gonna have it use the local copy of the source, unpatched, from a few hours ago.

EDIT2: I was having trouble getting the WMA patch applied, due to a typo I made, so I'm using the latest Rockbox build.

Last edited by chrisjs162216; 05-01-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Now that I am using your build, it no longer works for some reason. I'm positive that if I change the name of the folder, it'll work. However, I would only like one videos folder that both the original firmware and Rockbox share
This is because the original patch uses "Videos". I changed that to "Video" to match the OF.

Charles

Old 05-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
This is because the original patch uses "Videos". I changed that to "Video" to match the OF.

Charles
Yeah, that's what I thought when looking through your patch file to see why it was doing that. I also fixed mine, as stated above.

Also, I guess I didn't get the WMA patch correct....it didn't add it =/ I'll keep trying on my home computer, to see if I can get it working.

Edit: Found where the script was messing up, as I had tried in the past to add WMA support, so it called the wrong filename once. It's compiling now, so it should be up in a few mins

Jack

Last edited by chrisjs162216; 05-01-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Also, I guess I didn't get the WMA patch correct....it didn't add it =/...
Thanks for doing the work. To tell you the truth, I have really procrastinated on this one. Although I like to see people having choice, I don't really want to touch a MS codec.

Charles

Old 05-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks for doing the work. To tell you the truth, I have really procrastinated on this one. Although I like to see people having choice, I don't really want to touch a MS codec.

Charles

I personally don't like MS either, which is why I'm on a Linux computer right now

Actually, it wasn't too hard to get working. Originally, I had used the first patch listed there, libwma.tar.gz, not realizing it was from over a year ago. Then when I switched to the newest one, I didn't realize they gzip'd a patch file (why?) and I thought it was like the original, containing the folder libwma. After that, I did everything manually, and found all the bugs.

And....now it's out of sync. Sorry for the delay everyone, but it looks like only two files were out of sync, so it *hopefully* won't take too long.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I personally don't like MS either, which is why I'm on a Linux computer right now
That is what I figured when I read that you were using Putty on your school's Windows machine. As an aside, I couldn't get over this one today- now MS is claiming that it invented the "sudo" concept and that every OS should have one:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...llow-suit.html

ROTFL.

BTW, are you using Ogg Vorbis on your Sansa?

Charles

Old 05-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

BTW, are you using Ogg Vorbis on your Sansa?

I have a few songs in ogg vorbis, but not too many.

All I can say about MS claiming to have created sudo (in a way) is....wow

I can't seem to get WMA support working...still has errors, so I'll work on it tomorrow.

Can't work on WMA support at the moment, but something else went wrong with the build, as it returned a null logfile, along with a plugin or two missing. I'm recompiling now, so we'll see how it goes

Last edited by chrisjs162216; 05-02-2007 at 06:11 AM.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Rockbox Developer

I like how you are corperating, as I thought your builds are competetiv in a way. Very good guys!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, I'm at a friend's house, but I have my sansa with me. I'm gonna go through all the failing patches (WMA support and Video/Photo menu and see where they're crashing)

Old 05-02-2007, 04:16 PM

I noticed that in the HDD LED patches, the Video/Photo menu is not there?

Also, with the LCD Fade patch, I've noticed that right before the backlight turns off, the screen brightness will automatically go to 14. And when it turns back on, it'll stay there until you change it back.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 PM

^^ Can you be more specific? I don't understand what you mean by "change it back." What were you doing when this happened?

Closed Thread