android
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 AM
ABI Founder

Default Feature Request

Remove Accompanying Tracks Option
When removing auto playlists and mixes you should be able to remove the tracks that were auto downloaded for that mix. Cuts down on the clutter.

Recommend Songs that are now part of Yahoo or LaunchCast
music you load onto the player yourself cannot be recommended. =/

On-The-Go Playlists
Should be handled as a long press on the center button.

Custom EQ
allows for better tweakability

Option to turn off Navigation Animation
The navigation animation makes surfing the Connect pretty. But it lags and slows down the ability to quickly jump though options / screens / playlists / ect. Disabling this extra screen renders between movements may improve this.

Auto Pause When Headphones Disconnected
If the speaker is set to off this option is activated

Recommend Song or Station
When recommending a song from internet radio it recommends the station... but you should be able to recommend the song.

Read Embedded Album Art

Branding Removal Option

The Connect can be used with other PlaysForSure music services but it is very tied into Yahoo with many of the icons and options indicating that. It would be nice to have an option where Yahoo related options and menu items will be hidden. This will be very useful as the player approaches the end of its life cycle.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-31-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Open Platform

I know I would love the ability to program widgets and small programs to run on it. Possibly a litte flash support for games on it.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:28 PM

What about being able to search for an album/artist on the device itself? Even if it's just rudementary text input.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Some requests for future firmware updates

I have a few requests:

1) Improve USB support, I keep having to disconnect and connect it while downloading music to the player. It just stops responding. I know it can download music from Yahoo but most of us have large collections of music also we would like to load.

2) Make it work with 'Windows Media Connect' so we can stream our own music.

3) A file browser with ability to delete files / directories -- maybe even rename...

4) Manual Firmware updates, in case no wireless connectivity is available.

5) Allow us to enter the ssid of the wifi device we want to connect to. This would allow the wifi's id to remain hidden from others.

6) Show the next song that will be played.

7) A clock/date

Old 08-20-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
I have a few requests:

1) Improve USB support, I keep having to disconnect and connect it while downloading music to the player. It just stops responding. I know it can download music from Yahoo but most of us have large collections of music also we would like to load.

2) Make it work with 'Windows Media Connect' so we can stream our own music.

3) A file browser with ability to delete files / directories -- maybe even rename...

4) Manual Firmware updates, in case no wireless connectivity is available.

5) Allow us to enter the ssid of the wifi device we want to connect to. This would allow the wifi's id to remain hidden from others.

6) Show the next song that will be played.

7) A clock/date
I couldn't agree more with all of this. Additionally I think in future versions they need to reposition the headphone jack so it's not right next to the PC connector. This is a major headache when I want to unplug and go.

Not just Windows Media Connect but any PnP server would be nice. I use TwonkyVision for some of my other media devices.

Also it would be nice if it worked with Linux.

The SSID thing would be a REAL plus. I hate having my network exposed.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM

USB MSC mode (and the ability to recharge the battery via USB port while connected in MSC mode) is the most critical feature for me. Without that, I can't play music through my DVD player or car stereo.

Also, the SanDisk web site doesn't mention a microphone for voice recording like the Express has. With a microphone and a WiFi connection, and a linux based OS, this could become a nice Skype phone.

With MSC mode and Skype, I'd buy this immediately.

-Kasoroth

Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM

^If I'm not mistaken, the Connect does charge via USB.

I agree that a clock would be a great feature.

I also agree that syncing via WMP would be nice. I was trying but couldn't get it to work...I figured it was just me having problems but it sounds as if it simply doesn't work with WMP.

Improved battery life is always a plus.

My ultimate request would be to allow messaging from yahoo messenger. Sending a song recommendation is cool and all, but it would be nice to follow up with a short message or conversation. The method the Connect uses to enter passwords for WEP networks would be sufficient to have a brief conversation. I would LOVE to see this

Old 09-28-2007, 02:02 PM

I agree about having MSC (also known as UMS) mode.

Another biggie for me: being able to write songs to the MicroSD card while it's plugged into the player. Other MP3 players can do this, and this is a big minus for me with the Connect.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Support for podcasts

Allow support for podcasts, where the user enters the URL of the podcast XML file and it downloads/plays the MP3 files from it.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:13 AM

Quoting myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPlanet View Post
I agree about having MSC (also known as UMS) mode.

Another biggie for me: being able to write songs to the MicroSD card while it's plugged into the player. Other MP3 players can do this, and this is a big minus for me with the Connect.
Kinda off-topic; my compromise regarding lack of MSC on the player is to use the MicroSD card ... so I do get drag-and-drop, I just gotta then take that little card out of its MobileMate and shove it into the Connect with my thumbnail.

Back on-topic, and I know others have said it, but I'll add my "me too" for being able to receive other audio streams, such as Shoutcast. I know that wouldn't make Yahoo any $, but it would make SanDisk some $, I think.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPlanet View Post

I believe I read on the Sandisk forums that this was going to be implemented in the next firmware upgrade. I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhdave View Post
I believe I read on the Sandisk forums that this was going to be implemented in the next firmware upgrade. I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.
Huh, I didn't know that Sandisk was even supporting the Connect anymore. If that's true, it's good news.