android
Old 04-20-2007, 08:28 AM

Smile X20 or Clix2

Hi all,

This is my first post to the forums. I'm looking for an 8G flash player with good quality sound, and I'm torn between iRiver's X20 and Clix2. I haven't seen any in-depth reviews on either one yet, probably because they are so new. (I'm not sure if the Clix2 is even out in the U.S. yet.) Can anyone tell me what is different about these players that would help me decide? According to this site: http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...d=IRIX208G-BLK
...the 8G X20 is $219, and I heard the 8G Clix2 would be about $250. But I'd be willing to pay more if the Clix2 is better.

Are the two devices the same in sound quality? And do either of them allow you to transfer music by UMS drag-and-drop? I have never owned an mp3 player before, so this will be my first purchase.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-20-2007, 08:36 AM

X20 is definitely a 'less superior' player as far as features are concerned. Not as good of video playback, slightly worse screen, and I think a couple other things. If you can afford it, go for the clix2. If you don't want video or other bells and whistles then the X20 will suit you fine as far as just music goes.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 04-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Insignia Moderator

The video on the x20 is not bad at all. But yeah, I agree, if you want all the bells and whistles, then get the clix.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:26 AM

yes, video is alright for short clips on the x20 but if you fastforward, it seems to get out of sync with the audio, the screen is fine, it has no blurring but a little screen dooring, but is fine for short clips or cartoons.

As an audio player it is fantastic though, it has ogg support, a custom eq, good sound qualitiy (possibly a little light on the bass, however i like this as i find most speakers and phones are too bass heavy so this evens it out), a built in speaker (as a student, i use this alot), good audio battery life (and a user replaceable battery- easy to do), fm radio, dedicated line in and micro SD support (causes loooooong start up time though)

all in all, it ticks all the audio player boxes and then some but the video is not yet up to scratch, this could improve with firmware updates tho.

hope that helped.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 AM

The X20 has an expansion slot and a user-replaceable battery, that means that it doesn't turn into a paperweight after 3-4 years.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:16 AM

User-replaceable battery is only good if you can find the battery to replace it... very difficult even at the moment.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:42 PM

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...tery.2571.html

http://www.minidisc.com.au/iriver-x2...ry-p-1283.html

And that's without REALLY trying..

Old 09-28-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
And that's without REALLY trying.
Ever try replacing an ipod's battery? I can hardly count how many links turn out from google.
Quote:
after 3-4 years
We should see how thing goes...