android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Other Brands > MobiBLU > Cube

Old 04-19-2007, 11:15 AM

Question Cube 2 = High bps mp3s stutter when LCD turns off !?!

Hi,

I recently purchased a Cube 2 with 1015 fimware version and I find it very cool...
All features work as described apart from the following:

High bitrate mp3s -above 1xx bps (not sure about which is the limit for this to start occuring)- stutter as soon as screen backlight turns off (in 5, 15 sec. and so on). Clicks and pops are heard along with time related distortion, as if an mp3 is played on a 486 machine (!) or a PC without hardware acceleration implemented... The only "workaround" for this, is to leave LCD backlight to "Always" which of course consumes lots of battery power... Perhaps anyone has a solution to this ??

Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Fix for mobiBlu Cube 2 audio stutter problem

So I just bought one of these awesome little players, and I too experienced the stuttering issue. Basically, when the display turned off it would start stuttering on anything around 192kbps or higher.

I emailed mobiBlu's tech support, and all they came up with was "try updating the firmware" - duh, already tried that (which I stated in the original email).

So, after much cussing and fussing, I finally DID find a fix on my own, albeit one that doesn't make much sense. It looks like there's some bug that's related to the default display mode that is causing the stutter.

Here's all I wound up doing to fix it:

From the MAIN MENU, goto:

Settings > Display > Graphic EQ

By default, this is set to "none". Change it to either "Wave" or "Stereo" and SAVE THE SETTING (by pressing the center d-pad button).

After this, you shouldn't have the audio stuttering problem any more.

YIPPEE!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 07:05 PM

Default v1015 firmware url

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my firmware version - did the 1014 upgrade that is on the support page, and after that didn't fix the problem, I did some guessing to see if I could find a more recent one, and I did!

http://mobibluamerica.com/downloads/...e_Ver.1015.zip