android
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 AM

Hi, cpchan.
I used your build so long, and It's very comfort for me.
Now, I tried to compile my own build by modifing your menu-build patch.
I want to access directly microSD from main menu(by making mainmenu folder shortcut like your musica folder).
But I don't know how can I assign microsd-root to mainmenu. I tried the name"<microSD>", but it failed.
This is in my "settings.h"

#define VIDEOS_DIR "/video"
#define PHOTOS_DIR "/pictures"
#define DICTS_DIR "/dicts"
#define MUSIC_DIR "/music"
#define OTHER_AUDIO_DIR "/record"
#define MUSIC2_DIR "<microSD1>"
#define EBOOKS_DIR "/ebooks"

How can I solve this problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-30-2007, 09:32 PM

I was going thru and trying out the different builds on the site here to see which one I liked best, but after trying this one my Sansa keeps freezing. When I turn it on it resumes playback of an audio recording made with Rockbox and then freezes. Sometimes I can go to the main menu, but when I try to do anything it freezes. Also, when I connect it with the OF it freezes while connected to the PC, but only if I do anything like adding a file and deleting one within twenty seconds.
I've tried deleting the playlist control file for Rockbox*, have tried deleting Rockbox of my Sansa, and I've tried updating the OF and nothing seems to work.
Help, please?

---------------------------------------------------------------
* It stopped freezing while starting up once I did that, but it freezes if I try skipping songs, and the OF still freezes

Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 PM

Default WMA files from MP3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
What bitrate are the files? The wma decoder in Rockbox is still young and have problems with certain files.

Transcoding from one lossy format to another lossy format is always a bad idea. Why do you want to do that anyway?

Charles
The reason I was converting MP3s to WMA was for size. The original MP3s are 128 kbps and the wma they were converted to were 64 kbps. I was trying that was to reduce file size. I was just using what was on my computer (WMP) and it does not permit MP3s less than 128 kbps .

Old 01-02-2008, 05:42 AM

may i ask when the new build will be available? THX

Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicx View Post
When I turn it on it resumes playback of an audio recording made with Rockbox and then freezes. Sometimes I can go to the main menu, but when I try to do anything it freezes. Also, when I connect it with the OF it freezes while connected to the PC, but only if I do anything like adding a file and deleting one within twenty seconds.
I've tried deleting the playlist control file for Rockbox*, have tried deleting Rockbox of my Sansa, and I've tried updating the OF and nothing seems to work.
Help, please?
Delete the ".rockbox" directory (folder) and do a fresh installation. You might also want to run a chkdsk/scandisk. If that fails, try reinstalling the bootloader. As a last resort, you might have to reformat your Sansa.

Charles

Old 01-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmjb1 View Post
The reason I was converting MP3s to WMA was for size. The original MP3s are 128 kbps and the wma they were converted to were 64 kbps. I was trying that was to reduce file size. I was just using what was on my computer (WMP) and it does not permit MP3s less than 128 kbps .
I see. If you really must transcode, for best quality you should use either Ogg Vorbis or AAC:

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....le=Transcoding

Anyway, for wma, only wma pro (which Rockbox does not support) works well at low bitrates.

Charles

Old 01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorko122 View Post
may i ask when the new build will be available? THX
Now that I have some time, I will put out a new build this weekend.

Charles

Old 01-03-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Delete the ".rockbox" directory (folder) and do a fresh installation. You might also want to run a chkdsk/scandisk. If that fails, try reinstalling the bootloader. As a last resort, you might have to reformat your Sansa.

Charles
Righto, Cap'n. I'll try your suggestions.

[1.3 Hours Later]

Now it's working just fine, except it refuses to build the Database.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM

Hi cpchan (i've been lurking here for a while, very nice work by the way, to you and all the custom builders, you all greatly improve our rockbox/sansa experience), I notice that for some reason your current build is the only build out of the ones which I have tried that doesn't seem to have any kind of delay when changing between tracks inside a large mp3/cue.

I could not see anything to do with cue files in your patch list and I'm wondering if this is a feature which you have implemented (maybe the result of some other patch) or if it is a change in the official rockbox svn causing all of the builds based on more current versions to have rather slower (and irritating ) mp3/cue support.

Whatever it is I would like to know before you release your new build in case this 'speedy loading' disappears causing me to be a sad panda

Thanks for any help

Old 01-03-2008, 10:11 PM

Default Music menu is empty in CPCHAN

When I select the Music menu it doesn't do anything. I am just curious as to why. The only way I can play music is if I go into Manage files and select them that way. Do I need my music in a different directory when using rockbox? I would just like to set it up so that it plays all the music randomly. I do have my music uploaded in a tree format, so it's not ALL in the root Music directory, there are subdirectories.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:13 PM

hold the center button over the Music menu (database), a new menu show pop up and select update database.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:39 PM

I did what you just said and it's just a blank screen.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:40 PM

an update when I press down it pops up the Context Menu and goto Properties it says File/Dir not found

Last edited by korygrandy; 01-03-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: I guess that was for the playlist catalog

Old 01-03-2008, 10:49 PM

Okay, I went into Settings > General Settings > Database and manually selected Update Now and Initialize now. Now my music is showing up under Database, but it would be nice if it was under Music instead. It seems like my database wants to keep updating as well. Any suggestions?

Old 01-04-2008, 12:24 AM

I am having issues with the database as well. I have tried every which setting. I had this problem before I added rockbox with the OF. It would get hung around the same spot everytime. I reformatted and later found out it had to do with my TAGS in my mp3 files. It keeps hanging on song 802 right now in your build. Another problem I have is the Music menu just shows a blank screen. Any suggestions. I am wondering how the Music menu even works, I installed your build fresh without any other rockbox builds.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 AM

It's supposed to show up under "Database." What happens when you play your music, then go back to the menu and select Music? Does it go to the WPS(While Playing Screen)?
You can turn auto update off.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:46 PM

Wow.. no updates for rockbox anymore? is this build "dead"?

Old 01-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
Wow.. no updates for rockbox anymore? is this build "dead"?
'
Quote:
Now that I have some time, I will put out a new build this weekend.

Charles

Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 AM

Oh sorry my bad! Hope you make a build of the latest rockbox version
r16005

Old 01-07-2008, 04:43 AM

I am eagerly awaiting that updated build that was meant to be coming out this weekend. I want to switch over to this build, since most themes work with it, but I am waiting for this update...

Closed Thread