android
Old 12-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Exclamation Micro SD help please?

Can any of you help me out?

I installed RockBox and seems to work well, but I have the following problems:
  • I can not read anything off the SD card. I can see files and select them, but when I try to play, I hear nothing and eventually I get this error “undefined instruction at 0117761C (0)” at which point requires me to reboot by holding the power switch for 20 seconds.
  • Can not view photos
The only thing I really need is access to the micro SD card and bookmarking files there. That is the reason I wanted to give RockBox a try. My Sansa is full, so putting files in main memory is not an option for me

I do love RockBox, and you have done a great job, but without the SD working, I have no reason to use RockBox. If there is a build out there that will fix the SD problem? can you post link here? I've tried 3 different ones.

Thanks

Myron

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmjb1 View Post
Can any of you help me out?

I installed RockBox and seems to work well, but I have the following problems:
  • I can not read anything off the SD card. I can see files and select them, but when I try to play, I hear nothing and eventually I get this error “undefined instruction at 0117761C (0)” at which point requires me to reboot by holding the power switch for 20 seconds.
  • Can not view photos
The only thing I really need is access to the micro SD card and bookmarking files there. That is the reason I wanted to give RockBox a try. My Sansa is full, so putting files in main memory is not an option for me

I do love RockBox, and you have done a great job, but without the SD working, I have no reason to use RockBox. If there is a build out there that will fix the SD problem? can you post link here? I've tried 3 different ones.

Thanks

Myron
It occurs to me that it's possible for the memory to be *too* full. If it is, there won't be enough space left to build the database. I've had weird things happen (not the same as you've described, though) when mine was too full. I took off a CD or so worth of music and things went back to normal.

So give that a try and let us know what transpires.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 PM

I have received a data abort command while using crossfade. It happens when its in the middle of the crossfade and you skip to the next song. To get around the problem, rather than always crossfading, i have mine set to not crossfade when skipping songs but to crossfade when the song ends and it goes to the next song automatically.

Is there any status on the CPChan distro build of rockbox?

Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Thanks, but I do have it figured out.

RockBox does not read .wma file from SD card. MP3s are working fine. I found this out by mistake, by putting in another card. When that one worked, I pondered what was different. I reformatted the original and still did not work. Then I took a .wma and put on the working card. Presto, problem duplicated. The reverse is true, mp3s on "bad card" works fine.

Any way to get this fixed? I use wma, because I listen to podcasts and they are just voice, where I do not need great sound but need to keeping file size down.

Thanks RockBox world!

Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Zmjb1, Rockbox should play WMAs unless they have DRM. So that sounds odd.

Maybe, I will need to test and post back later.

Last edited by advcomp2019; 12-18-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:23 AM

Default WMAs on MicroSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
Zmjb1, Rockbox should play WMAs unless they have DRM. So that sounds odd.

Maybe, I will need to test and post back later.
Thanks,

It plays them just fine if it is on the sansa but will not play when on the MicroSD card. They do not have DRM. Crazy Huh?

Thanks everyone for your help. This is a great community

Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Lightbulb More info in SD card and WMA files

OK,

I think I've got it all figured out. Rockbox will not read WMA's that were created from MP3s. It does not matter where the files are, on the Sansa or the SD.

Rockbox does read WMA on SD card if the files were created from CD and turned directly into WMAs.

I was taking MP3s and converting to WMA's by right clicking and using WMP to convert. I guess this is a bad idea.

The OF does not have a problem reading these (converted MP3 files) WMA's.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis02 View Post
Is there any status on the CPChan distro build of rockbox?
Yes, I will be putting up a new build shortly.

Charles

Old 12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Rockbox does read WMA on SD card if the files were created from CD and turned directly into WMAs.
What bitrate are the files? The wma decoder in Rockbox is still young and have problems with certain files.

Quote:
I was taking MP3s and converting to WMA's by right clicking and using WMP to convert. I guess this is a bad idea.
Transcoding from one lossy format to another lossy format is always a bad idea. Why do you want to do that anyway?

Charles

Old 12-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
They do not have DRM. Crazy Huh?
First of all it is a philosophical choice- DRM is really a bad idea:

http://w2.eff.org/IP/DRM/fair_use_and_drm.html

http://w2.eff.org/IP/DRM/guide/

Secondly, even if the developers are willing to implement it, there is no legal way to do it in an Open Source project because this involves signing NDAs.

Charles

Old 12-21-2007, 06:56 AM

Request:
FS#8183 - The Case Game
Request 2:
A new release

Thanks again for the hard work.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:41 PM

Sorry, but i need really good instalation guide
I tried to put the .rockbox in to directory, restart the sansa, install the sansapatcher, than I see really ugly and anything working menu! Not like in picutre, please help me how to install it right!

Old 12-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacilus View Post
Sorry, but i need really good instalation guide
I tried to put the .rockbox in to directory, restart the sansa, install the sansapatcher, than I see really ugly and anything working menu! Not like in picutre, please help me how to install it right!
You need to install one or more elaborate themes:

http://www.rockbox-themes.org/index.php?res=176x220x16

and iconset:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IconSets

and change to that theme in your theme settings ("Settings"-> "Theme Settings").

You might also want to install the font pack too:

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/fo...kbox-fonts.zip

Old 12-25-2007, 07:32 AM

okey man, thank you!
But I found another problems, I've done everything u told me, but there is no synchronization working, I know i need to go to FAQ, but I didnt found anything! So how I can put music, picutures or video to player when there is no synchronization beetween sansa rockbox and PC! I found something about SVN(i dont know what it exactly is) , but dont know how to make it working beetween sansa and coputer.. :-/ I found some page about it, but it is soo hard for me to understand to what to do and of course iam not very good in english...

Old 12-25-2007, 11:03 AM

currently, USB in rockbox does NOT work (like said thousand times before) so synchronization with PC will not work. therefore u will need to use the OF to put music/videos/whatever on ur sansa. push the left arrow key during boot to load the of

Old 12-25-2007, 11:14 PM

Ok so I have a question about this build. I have been using rockbox on my sansa for quite some while now...to the point that I was getting bored...so I decided to install this build today.

Everything is almost fine except the fact that it prompts me to create database on a constant base. Not only that but after a while, it just gets stuck and doesn't do anything. In essence, the database functionality is rendered almost useless because of this problem. Is there any way I can fix this significant problem? On my previous rockbox (can't remember which build) this problem never arose.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolio View Post
Everything is almost fine except the fact that it prompts me to create database on a constant base. Not only that but after a while, it just gets stuck and doesn't do anything.
Strange, I have no problems with the database. Can you try deleting all ".tcd" files (back up first, if you want) and reinitialize the db. Also, if you install my build on top of another one, you might want to try a clean installation.

Charles

Old 12-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Strange, I have no problems with the database. Can you try deleting (back up first, if you want) all ".tcd" files and reinitialize it. Also, if you install my build on top of another one, you might want to try a clean installation.

Charles

I deleted the previous ".rockbox" folder before extracting your build onto the device. I intended to do a "clean" installation, although I'm not quite certain if doing that qualifies as such.

In addition, can you elaborate a bit more on ".tcd" file process? Are these files found within the ".rockbox" folder? I would need to back up my entire music collection, correct? And how does one "reinitialize" it?

Old 12-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Just test it out again by reinitializing my db with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolio View Post
I deleted the previous ".rockbox" folder before extracting your build onto the device. I intended to do a "clean" installation, although I'm not quite certain if doing that qualifies as such.
Yes, that is a clean installation.

Quote:
In addition, can you elaborate a bit more on ".tcd" file process? Are these files found within the ".rockbox" folder?
Yes, they are in the ".rockbox" directory. These are the database files.

Quote:
I would need to back up my entire music collection, correct?
No,

Quote:
And how does one "reinitialize" it?
  1. Turn "dircache" on just in case by going to "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "System"-> "Disk"-> "Directory cache"
  2. Turned on the status bar so you know when the initialization is completed.
  3. Goto "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "Database"-> "Initialize Now". Your should now see the "disk activity icon" showing up in the status bar.
  4. Go and have a coffee if you have a lot of tracks. This will take a couple of minutes.
  5. Once the db is initialized, the "disk activity icon" will disappear.
  6. You might want to turn on "Auto Update" and "Load to RAM".

Also make sure you have enough space left for the database.

Charles

Old 12-26-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post

1. Turn "dircache" on just in case by going to "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "System"-> "Disk"-> "Directory cache"
  2. Turned on the status bar so you know when the initialization is completed.
  3. Goto "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "Database"-> "Initialize Now". Your should now see the "disk activity icon" showing up in the status bar.
  4. Go and have a coffee if you have a lot of tracks. This will take a couple of minutes.
  5. Once the db is initialized, the "disk activity icon" will disappear.
  6. You might want to turn on "Auto Update" and "Load to RAM".

Also make sure you have enough space left for the database.

Charles
Its still early but all of those steps seem to have done the trick. Thanks for your help.

Closed Thread