android
Old 11-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap_pad View Post
I tried the delete database files thing. It worked for the first few hours and then after the database refresh bug came back. I don't know what's wrong. It worked with your last build
Strange, I have no problems updating the db. Can you describe it further. Have you added any now songs? Did you check the tags?

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-23-2007, 10:39 AM

this is not working for me at all. album art sometimes working sometimes not. random reboots. database not working 80% of the time, everytime another error message, and why is it only playing one track and not hopping to the next in the directory. if i press skip forward it works, if i just let it play it either stops or it repeats.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop View Post
this is not working for me at all. album art sometimes working sometimes not. random reboots. database not working 80% of the time, everytime another error message, and why is it only playing one track and not hopping to the next in the directory. if i press skip forward it works, if i just let it play it either stops or it repeats.
Try deleting the ".rockbox" directory (folder) and do a clean installation.

Charles

Old 11-25-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap_pad View Post
I tried the delete database files thing. It worked for the first few hours and then after the database refresh bug came back. I don't know what's wrong. It worked with your last build
Since whenever it refreshes it fails, you might want to turn the "auto update" off.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Auto update is off. The tags are fine, they read fine and I can play them via the database (when it's working) in album form, but once I load the same album via a saved playlist, the database screws up again.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 PM

I had that problem that dap pad had. I basically wiped out my unit. Reinstalled everything from scratch and everything has been hunky-dory since then.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Revert keybindings changes in SVN to old key bindings.
It appears your build clearly uses the old keymap and not the new one committed for Rockbox on the Sansa. Good to know. I hate the keymap changes and continue to use an older builid of Rockbox to avoid them. At least if I want to upgrade to a newer build, I have the option of using your custom build.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:02 AM

Any updates on the new build, cpchan?

I'm having a few minor issues with the older one that I hope are fixed with a sync to a more recent SVN.

Ex. with crossfading on, if I change tracks a bit too fast it will stop playing until I force shutdown it and turn it back on.

Ex2. with crossfeeding on (and crossfading + dithering off and a relatively not graphically intensive theme) the music will occasionally stop because the cpu can't keep up, and forget about using the menus while listening to music because the music will start to cut out a lot.

Ex3. (and I'm not aware if this is / will be fixed anytime soon) I cannot charge the player while listening to music because the USB icon of death stops everything and takes up the whole screen.

I must say however, my parents both bought the Sansa from woot.com recently for $30 (one of them accidentally got a e260 instead of a e250... lucky!) - my mom could not figure out the default firmware, and my dad was frustrated that the music folder kept getting hidden so he had to use their dumb program. They absolutely love your custom menu build of Rockbox, as do I Thank you for all of your hard work, it is most appreciated.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsume View Post
Any updates on the new build, cpchan?
I plan to do one sometime this week. I was waiting for a couple of things to settle.

Quote:
Ex. with crossfading on, if I change tracks a bit too fast it will stop playing until I force shutdown it and turn it back on.
I can't reproduce this. Which codec are you using?

Quote:
Ex2. with crossfeeding on (and crossfading + dithering off and a relatively not graphically intensive theme) the music will occasionally stop because the cpu can't keep up, and forget about using the menus while listening to music because the music will start to cut out a lot.
Strange, I have both crossfeed and crossfade on (much more CPU intensive) and I can't reproduce this, I also have no problems with the menu. Try deleting the ".rockbox" directory (folder) and do a fresh installation.

Quote:
Ex3. (and I'm not aware if this is / will be fixed anytime soon) I cannot charge the player while listening to music because the USB icon of death stops everything and takes up the whole screen.
Hold the "Select" button while plugging in the USB cable into the Sansa. You will be using Rockbox for charging, so it will be slower than the OF at this point.

Quote:
and my dad was frustrated that the music folder kept getting hidden so he had to use their dumb program.
There are 2 solutions to this. Either set Rockbox to "Show All Files" or better yet move your music files somewhere else- I personally use "Musica". This will not affect the OF is finding the files, but the OF will only hide the directory named "Music".

Quote:
They absolutely love your custom menu build of Rockbox, as do I
Thanks.

Quote:
Thank you for all of your hard work, it is most appreciated.
No problem.

Charles

Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 PM

I got the same problem today when trying to skip between two Queens of the Stone Age songs two fast once I loaded an album. An exception error showed up at the top of the screen.

Help me win an PS3, or maybe a Wii!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:12 PM

It seems like there are a lot of problems with the SVN, so as they say, "Patience is a virtue." Keep up your good work. I must wonder, however why I am having (seemingly) the fewest problems with your latest build.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I can't reproduce this. Which codec are you using?

All of my music with the exception of one track is in mp3 format. That one track is ogg. I have nothing higher than 192kbps.

I wonder if part of the problem is having shuffle on? I'm also not using a playlist, I play all the music within a folder instead. I am actually experiencing the same problem with crossfade off right now, but to a lesser degree. All of my music just sits at 0:00 until I hold power off, at which point it will say shutting down, sometimes the screen shows a lot of corruption as it shuts down. When I turn it back on, it works fine until it happens again. This has never happened with the unit switching the tracks by itself at the end of a track, only with me skipping from track to track too quickly (less than two seconds between presses).

I'll try a reinstall when I get home and let you know how it goes. I do believe that may solve the problem, as I copy + pasted this build over the chrisjs169 build (so I would already have certain files there like the doom and pacman files).

Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsume View Post
All of my music with the exception of one track is in mp3 format. That one track is ogg. I have nothing higher than 192kbps.
OK, these are well supported codecs.

Quote:
I wonder if part of the problem is having shuffle on?
I also have shuffle on.

Quote:
I'm also not using a playlist, I play all the music within a folder instead.
You are always using a playlist in Rockbox. When you play from a directory, it creates a dynamic playlist.

Quote:
I am actually experiencing the same problem with crossfade off right now, but to a lesser degree.
I also have crossfade on. Other sound options that I have enable are crossfeed and replaygain.

Quote:
I'll try a reinstall when I get home and let you know how it goes. I do believe that may solve the problem, as I copy + pasted this build over the chrisjs169 build (so I would already have certain files there like the doom and pacman files).
Most likely this is the problem. Please report back after doing some testing with a clean installation.

Charles

Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Okay, I just redid the whole thing. I use the Dockpod Aqua Large (Red) theme, BTW.

It is still doing it. I thought to myself what setting I setup could be different, and I'm thinking it could be that I have the "beep" when you switch tracks turned on. I turned it off, and went to playback mode again. I hit next a few times real fast and got an error flashed on the screen for a millisecond, and then the screen turned into an angry blend of reddish pixels that required me to hold the power button for 30 seconds to fix. I turned it back on, hit play, and hit next... it froze. Did the hard power off, turned it back on again, hit play, "Codec Failure" - hit it again "Nothing to playback" so I browsed to my music and selected a song to play and spammed fast forward. It still does it. Sits at 0:00 on any song until I power it off the hard way and restart it. I've uploaded my rockbox folder if you want to take a look at it, maybe you can see if I set a setting stupidly. The first thing I did upon reinstallation of the firmware was put the themes and fonts on, and put my settings. Can't stand to use it any other way =P If I had my wit about me I would have tested it before I did that.

Edit: Figured it out. My player really dislikes having database enabled.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Default a newbie

I am completely new to this. I have so many questions. I have this build of rockbox installed but don't know where to go from there. I don't get any nice icon images and fonts look like ____. Also, now when I plug in my e260 to the computer, it isn't recognized. I know this may be beneath all of you but I want to learn and could use the help.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampakal View Post
I am completely new to this. I have so many questions. I have this build of rockbox installed but don't know where to go from there. I don't get any nice icon images and fonts look like ____. Also, now when I plug in my e260 to the computer, it isn't recognized. I know this may be beneath all of you but I want to learn and could use the help.

Thanks
The USB in Rockbox is not implemented all the way yet. To use USB, shutdown the player- then plug it in. It will autoboot into the original firmware, and when you disconnect it will reboot into rockbox.

Also... cpchan, I have huge problems with this build with crossfade on. Any idea why? I figured out that the player does a lot of data abort freezes with database on, and also with crossfade on... but more commonly with crossfade it will just stop playing music at all until I reboot (and usually shutdown takes forever when this happens).

Old 12-04-2007, 10:59 AM

Default "Random" list always empty

Whenever I try to nuse "Random" selector I always get no results/emtpy playlist. Any clue? Already tried updating/initializing DB.

Thx

Old 12-04-2007, 02:45 PM

I've got a bit of a problem with me e280. I just put rockbox on it last night, works perfectly except for one thing -- Software shutdown doesn't work. I've got to hold down the menu button for 15 seconds, like on the old version of rockbox. I've used your build before on me now deceased e250 without this problem popping up. Any advice as to free my thumb for this torture?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:26 PM

New to Rockbox, I've found I like this build the best. I'm having a minor issue - tried searching, but no luck. On some themes, the clock seems to be "stuck" in 24 hour mode, despite switching to 12 hour mode. Anybody have any thoughts?

Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walks View Post
New to Rockbox, I've found I like this build the best. I'm having a minor issue - tried searching, but no luck. On some themes, the clock seems to be "stuck" in 24 hour mode, despite switching to 12 hour mode. Anybody have any thoughts?
I believe the time modes are theme specific, if you wanna change them look at this:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...eal_Time_Clock

Also, is there an ETA on when the new CPChan build will be done?

Great work on it btw!

Thanks.

Closed Thread