android
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 PM

Ok... something really weird happened today after I loaded on my latest songs... It keeps on initializing the database... I waited for it to give me the "Reboot to Initialize" message. When I reboot it gives me the "Committing database [x/9]" til 9. But when I try to access the "Database" it give me the Database not ready, initialize now?

Press Select for Yes
Everything else for No"
I click "Yes" and then it gives me the: "Building database... 0 (goes to 1720) found" after the process starts all over again...

I've done this cycle for around 7 times already... the weird thing is Auto-Update isn't even on... and even if it is, it shouldn't be updating 7 times in a row when nothing has changed...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 AM

the same happens with me, but the databse goes up to 3200, then it stops... what could this be?

Old 11-13-2007, 10:18 AM

This happens to me too. What I do to go around this is to delete config.cfg and database related files and reboot and then refresh the database.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 AM

hi cpchan,

can you add new patch to your build please? it is created by Travis Tooke (tdtooke) located on his page in the zip file "http://home.centurytel.net/tdtooke/patches.zip". it's name is "colorized-wps". this patch adds ability to use different font colors in WPS, new tags are %Cf for foreground color and %Cb for background color.

thanks

Old 11-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysiak View Post
can you add new patch to your build please? it is created by Travis Tooke (tdtooke) located on his page in the zip file "http://home.centurytel.net/tdtooke/patches.zip". it's name is "colorized-wps". this patch adds ability to use different font colors in WPS, new tags are %Cf for foreground color and %Cb for background color.
I will look into it for the next build. I am waiting for the dust to settle a bit before doing a new build with the recent commit of part of scroll margin and album art in SVN.

Charles

Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I can't reproduce this- it works for me. Try doing a fresh installation (ie. remove the ".rockbox" directory first).

Charles
Tried that also. Still the same problem

Old 11-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_133 View Post
Tried that also. Still the same problem
I see the white in the menu of the game too, however, if you scroll down the items will appear. I will be doing a sync tomorrow, hopefully this is fixed in SVN.

Charles

Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 PM

Default I'm still using release r14079!

I installed cpchan rockbox release r14079 about 6 months ago, and it worked fine 'out of the box'. Seeing all the problems people have had with later releases, I'm reluctant to 'upgrade'.

The only 'complaints' I have are regarding battery life not being quite as long as the Sansa system, and I've not managed to sus out the keys for playing Doom.

A big thank you to Mr Cpchan!

Jim Ford

Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 AM

hi charles,
i hope you manage to sync your build today, as the nov/08 build has massive problems with songs being dropped from the temporary playlist (for example when skipping songs etc.) which i hope in the meantime have been fixed in cvs.

i will test the latest official build today and check if this still happens. if i manage to post here before you sync i will report the result.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorganizer View Post
i hope you manage to sync your build today, as the nov/08 build has massive problems with songs being dropped from the temporary playlist (for example when skipping songs etc.) which i hope in the meantime have been fixed in cvs.
What other problems do you have? I don't have the songs dropping problem. Have you tried a fresh installation? The Nov. 8 build have been very stable for me. Also, the Rockbox project uses SVN and not CVS.

I will be doing the sync later on today, I might or might not release it depending on how stable it is and how many themes breaks. I personally don't care, but most of you like eye candy.

Charles

Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 AM

hi charles,
yes, i did a fresh install.

when i skip forward and backwards (mainly then) between tracks in my dynamic playlist, sometimes some of the songs are just disappear from the playlist.

an example:
the playlist is song a,b,c and then d.
now when listening to song c if i want to skip back to b, it goes to a.
when i look into the playlist it does not show the song b in the playlist.
i guess this is one of the issues which came up with the buffering mechanis, and i remember there were some fixes for such things in the news since nov/08

Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorganizer View Post
when i skip forward and backwards (mainly then) between tracks in my dynamic playlist, sometimes some of the songs are just disappear from the playlist.
Strange, just to double check, I tested it with several playlists created both from the file browser and the database- I still can't reproduce this. Is anyone else having this problem?

Charles

Old 11-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Hey Charles, have been using your build for several months now, super pleased with it! I was thinking, is there a plugin for Rockbox to operate it as an alarm clock? Set the time, and the thing starting up when I want it to go and play music in the morning. That would be great, also considering there already is a shutdown timer. I already use that one often when i'm in bed, falling asleep, unable to switch it off again

Old 11-19-2007, 02:52 PM

hi charles, just checkted the official build and guess what: its also in the official built!

but after testing a bit more the songs dont just disappear:

setup:
i create a playlist of about 67 songs, shuffle it an then let it play.
after each song i checkt the playlist with "view playlist"
the first 5 songs play perfect and the playlist stays the same.
the 6th song also does not show any difference in the playlist.
now when i reach the 7th song, the 6th song disappears!
the playlist is: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,...
when playing the 8th song, it changes to
and so on, i hope you get what i mean.

to make it more complex another thing i noticed:
lets say the playlist is 1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10 at the moment and song 8 is playing
if you go to view playlist and directly select 9, the following will be your playlist:
1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10 :-)
if you skip forward once from 9 to 10, then it will be 1,2,3,4,5,10

could this have something todo with some kind of buffering error?
i have rather big bmp's as covers in my folders.

if you cant reproduce it i can try to get the config to you and i will also try to delete the coverart for a test tomorrow.

michael

EDIT:
btw i also noticed playback hangs when scrolling through large playlist really fast with the scrollwheel.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:53 PM

im doing a second post because its simpler: i need to go more into detail with my bug.
im using the karojet wps, and this directly shows me which files will be dropped when i look into the playlist: every song having a small arrow in front of it will be dropped!

how i produced the error in detail:
empty your playlist.
then go to database, select an artist, then go on "all tracks" and insert
=> playlist plays, all songs show without the "arrow" in front of them
then go to database, select another artist. again "all tracks" and queue
same again with a third artis.
=> all files which got added do show the arrow in front of them and get dropped. the songs of the first artis selected still dont show an arrow thus dont get dropped.
if you now go to the playlist menu and select "reshuffle" you get random drops of music during playlist playback as the songs with and without arrows got shuffled :-)

now i hope this gets reproducable.
btw:
the thing with the arrow does NOT happen wenn you go on the artist in the database and then insert it into the playlist. it only happens when you insert "all tracks".

EDIT:
i try hard to get a consistantly reproducable method, but sometimes even the above mentioned process does not work.
anyways, what is consistent is that only the tracks marked by the arrow are dropped!
btw: the arrow is also shown in the original wps
the arrow-ed tracks also are not saved when i save the dynamic playlist!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 AM

What changes are there in the cpchan-branch-specific manual ("rockbox-e200-r15313-cpchan-branch-071026.pdf" attached to the first post) from the official rockbox manual?

Old 11-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusicMan View Post
What changes are there in the cpchan-branch-specific manual ("rockbox-e200-r15313-cpchan-branch-071026.pdf" attached to the first post) from the official rockbox manual?
It still shows the old key bindings which are maintained in my build. I haven't gotten around to edit the LaTeX source in the later manual to reflect the key bindings in my build. I will be doing a new build and updating the manual in the next couple of days. I have been busy with another project.

Charles

Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueonyrl View Post
This happens to me too. What I do to go around this is to delete config.cfg and database related files and reboot and then refresh the database.
what are the database related files? I still get the Database refresh error and I'd really like to fix it, since I basically can't access my database anymore... it's really a major bug, Can someone please tell me how to fix it?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap_pad View Post
what are the database related files?
All files with the extension tcd.

Charles

Old 11-22-2007, 01:19 PM

I tried the delete database files thing. It worked for the first few hours and then after the database refresh bug came back. I don't know what's wrong. It worked with your last build

Closed Thread