android
Old 11-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin_L View Post
the supplied ones, will try with my sennheisers tomorrow
I think I know the flaw you are talking about now- I hear it on a couple of my tracks. Be patient while the bugs from the recent major change are being ironed out.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-09-2007, 12:05 PM

well, i was also noticing the weird "scratches" during playback, but since i returned to the October 7th build, it stopped. I'm gonna stick to that version until it's fixed.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Please provide more details on the freezes? What codec are you using?

Charles
Sorry to display my blaring ignorance here, but I'm not sure what a codec is? If understand what I looked up, I use MediaMonkey to have the music on the player, both in MP3 and WMA format. At first it just would not play a song when I chose it through "Artist" in the database, the song would just sit there (the Sansa not frozen, but the song just would not play). When I went and selected a song through tracks, sometimes the song will play. I know I am pressing the buttons right and the play button is showing, so I don't know what the explanation could be. This hasn't happened on the standard build or another custom I used, but did happen on yours and another.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFantasy23 View Post
but I'm not sure what a codec is? If understand what I looked up, I use MediaMonkey to have the music on the player, both in MP3 and WMA format.
Codec:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codec

For your info both mp3 and wma are audio codecs.

Quote:
At first it just would not play a song when I chose it through "Artist" in the database, the song would just sit there (the Sansa not frozen, but the song just would not play).
Please list the exact step you are using. I have no problem doing this.

Charles

Old 11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Is anyone else experiencing freezes during auto-shutdown? I'm currently using the Oct. 7th Cpchan build, and the player always freezes on the "shutting down" screen when I leave it alone to turn off on its own. Any thoughts as to whether this is a build-specific or Cpchan-build-specific problem...or simply a Rockbox one?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:05 PM

hello,
I love your build. But, ever since I updated to the latest November 8th build, my menus have all been messed up. The labels for all the options are mixed up. For example, my settings menu has an option called 'Japan" instead of Recording settings. Also, I can't view any videos or text files, or for that matter use any plugins. It gives me an incompatible version error. Music playback has also been reduced to static. I tried changing to other builds (like chrisjs's), but that hasn't changed the problem.
thanks for any potential help

Old 11-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaah View Post
my menus have all been messed up. The labels for all the options are mixed up. For example, my settings menu has an option called 'Japan" instead of Recording settings. Also, I can't view any videos or text files, or for that matter use any plugins.
Delete the ".rockbox" directory (folder) and do a fresh installation.

Charles

Old 11-09-2007, 11:54 PM

The build's working out just fine for me except that the album art doesn't show up from time to time. Skipping songs fixes this though. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Old 11-10-2007, 07:23 AM

I think i found another bug. The sudoku game is no longer working with me. Just a get blank screen.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:19 AM

Playback stops briefly approx every 20 seconds
I have just copied the Nov 8th version on top of my previous version overwriting as necessary (not sure if this is the correct way to upgrade?).
Sadly playback now pauses for about 1 second, every 20 seconds.
I tried switching Dir cache off - same results
I tried with and without the 4GBSDHC external memory - same results.
I have deleted all play lists and tried playing directly from files - same results
I have re initialized the database - same results
So I have now deleted my original .rockbox folder, installed the new one, rebuilt the database, and then overlayed the Ultima_176x220_v1.0 theme.
I still get random pauses but now only once in every two or three tracks.
Running e280 with 4GbSDHC SVN15514
Otherwise great work cpchan Thanks!

Old 11-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangThorn View Post
So I have now deleted my original .rockbox folder, installed the new one, rebuilt the database, and then overlayed the Ultima_176x220_v1.0 theme.
I still get random pauses but now only once in every two or three tracks.
Strange, I have used the latest build for hours with no pauses and freezes. Which codec are you using?

Quote:
Running e280 with 4GbSDHC SVN15514
I don't have a SDHC card. Can you do an experiment by taking it out and see if you still have the pauses?

Quote:
Otherwise great work cpchan
Thanks.

Charles

Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_133 View Post
I think i found another bug. The sudoku game is no longer working with me. Just a get blank screen.
I can't reproduce this- it works for me. Try doing a fresh installation (ie. remove the ".rockbox" directory first).

Charles

Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:

Which codec are you using?
Just the ones supplied in your codec folder
Quote:

Can you do an experiment by taking it out and see if you still have the pauses?
Done that - no change

Having used it all day today, it now seems stable. The pauses have stopped. Not sure why though. I have tried to stress the player by playing games while playing music , but all seems OK now.

Thanks for your help

Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Is anyone else experiencing freezes during auto-shutdown? I'm currently using the Oct. 7th Cpchan build, and the player always freezes on the "shutting down" screen when I leave it alone to turn off on its own. Any thoughts as to whether this is a build-specific or Cpchan-build-specific problem...or simply a Rockbox one?
Can anyone comment on the freeze-during-auto-shutdown phenomenon? Am I alone in experiencing this?

Old 11-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Can anyone comment on the freeze-during-auto-shutdown phenomenon? Am I alone in experiencing this?
I have no problems with "Idle Poweroff". Try doing a fresh installation.

Charles

Old 11-11-2007, 01:03 AM

Ok, I've used the latest build for a few days now. Battery life seems to be a bit better... i don't know why, but I still can't get past 40% without shutting down, but I'm still getting codec issues much like JCFantasy23. When my e260 loads my playlist automatically after a restart, the first song always gives me a "codec" failure message, which then stops the playlist and goes to the main menu. However, if I reselect the playlist from the Playlist Catalog the song plays fine. I'm also getting random (ERR) messages on my playlist, sometimes these songs play fine when I click them while viewing the playlist, sometimes they don't. Is something wrong with my Sansa???

I'm going to try re-installing Rockbox tomorrow and see if that helps.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:46 AM

I went back to the latest build (Nov. 8th) doing a fresh installation, and after some configurations, I noticed that the sound glitches only happens when both crossfeed and dithering are turned on, so I have to choose which one to use...

And I also tried the sudoku game, the game itself works fine, but when I get to the menu, all I get is a blank screen with only the icons showing up...

Hope it helps in some way to solve these little problems...

Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM

Just tried the newest build, and like the previous build, the LCD line bug appears to be back (although it looks different now IIRC). Going back to the Oct 07 build has fixed the appearance (just as I did when testing the last build). Anyone else getting this problem?

Old 11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I have no problems with "Idle Poweroff". Try doing a fresh installation.
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks for the comment, Charles.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryTate View Post
Just tried the newest build, and like the previous build, the LCD line bug appears to be back (although it looks different now IIRC). Going back to the Oct 07 build has fixed the appearance (just as I did when testing the last build). Anyone else getting this problem?
My builds no longer contains the temporary fix. Update your bootloader with the latest sansapatcher to get the proper fix.

Charles

Closed Thread