android
Old 10-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
A "gradient fix" patch that I am using is interfering with the patch. I will try the make them co-exist or remove it in the next build.

Charles
Just curious: What does the "gradient fix" do exactly, and how would removing it change things? Co-existence is my vote!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Just curious: What does the "gradient fix" do exactly, and how would removing it change things? Co-existence is my vote!
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/...tring=gradient

The width of the selected line was working proper until I applied it. I am still not 100% sure yet- I need to do some testing.

Charles

Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 PM

where do you place any off the Patch file on your sansa and are you surpose to switch back to MTP bc my music don't show on MRC and Rockbox never can find them and where do I put your Patch.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbys294 View Post
where do you place any off the Patch file on your sansa
The patches are applied before compilation. The procedure for installing my build is the same as the stock Rockbox.

Quote:
and are you surpose to switch back to MTP bc my music don't show on MRC and Rockbox never can find them and where do I put your Patch.
No, you can stay in MSC mode or you will need to switch back to MSC mode to upgarde Rockbox. As to your music are you talking about the file browser or db? If it is the file browser, the OF have this annoying habit of rehiding the "Music" directory (folder)- you can either move your files else where ("Musica", if you are using my menu build) or set Rockbox to show all files. If it is the db, you need to initialize it and either do manual update when you add more files or turn auto-update on.

Charles

Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Red face

I downloaded the Rockbox, Your Patch and manual. I followed the manual and got your bootloader. I got rockbock installed I first put you patch: .rockbox>rockbox then I moved it to the main dir. I'm still in MSC mode, so how to I play my music with Rockbox. Before I installed rockbox I couldn't see my music file in MSC originally. About the patches how do I install them and did I install yours.

where in the dir and what mode do I use to put my own themes or the pacths, how does rockbox read my themes since the menus are different. can I make a theme for rockbox using H3mod and replace the .mi4 file in .rockbox.

What mode do I have to be in to edit things so Rockbox can read my audio and video.

I also tried to install you rockbox theme and no success. I did it on MRC mode and yes I checked the themes on my rockbox and didn't see it.

Yea sorry for so many questions it's just that I've been waiting for Rockbox to come out with a stable version which will probably not happen, Yes been waiting for at least a year

Old 10-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I downloaded the Rockbox, Your Patch and manual. I followed the manual and got your bootloader.
My bootloaders are not recommended anymore since the problem have been fixed in the official one.

Quote:
I got rockbock installed I first put you patch: .rockbox>rockbox then I moved it to the main dir. I'm still in MSC mode, so how to I play my music with Rockbox. Before I installed rockbox I couldn't see my music file in MSC originally. About the patches how do I install them and did I install yours.
You don't need to install the stock Rockbox if you are using my builds. To install my build all you have to do is to unzip the file onto the root directory (folder) of your player just like installing an Official build.

Quote:
where in the dir and what mode do I use to put my own themes or the pacths, how does rockbox read my themes since the menus are different. can I make a theme for rockbox using H3mod and replace the .mi4 file in .rockbox.
Please read the FAQ:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...43&postcount=2

and the manual:

http://download.rockbox.org/manual/r...box-build.html

before asking any question.

Also the theming system in Rockbox is completely different. Here are the instructions:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...ideToWPSMaking

and here are some themes:

http://www.rockbox-themes.org/index.php?res=176x220x16

Charles

Old 10-20-2007, 06:03 PM

thanks alot, great info

I still have a problem the custom view has an error and it freezes
And it friezed on me when I turn it off once "something about the direction"
The last thing is how do I make a now playing link. I can't get back to my music if I decide to play a game.

I've been reading alot on a gameboy emulator is there one out for the sansa
I also get a wired line thing when I change themes

Old 10-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I still have a problem the custom view has an error and it freezes
And it friezed on me when I turn it off once "something about the direction"
Which custom view? Please be more specific and the steps you used.

Quote:
The last thing is how do I make a now playing link. I can't get back to my music if I decide to play a game.
You mean in to quick menu? That patch only works for options and with Rockbox proper and not in plugins. What is wrong with getting out of the plugin and then press the "Play" button?

Quote:
I've been reading alot on a gameboy emulator is there one out for the sansa
The Gameboy emulation is include in the e200 port of Rockbox. All you need to do is to place the ROMs on your device and "play" the file in the file browser. Here is more info:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie.../PluginRockboy

Quote:
I also get a wired line thing when I change themes
Please describe it more fully.

Charles

Old 10-20-2007, 07:05 PM

thx

the error in :Browse Tags>Custom view thats were it frieezes on me
the other one is when changing theme it's like a power drain or just lines

just for a quick second when changing themes

For some reason when I turned my sansa off it froze on me I can remember what it said but something about bad command or not specific direction(only happened once)

I hope this is more specific

Old 10-20-2007, 07:18 PM

I've had a few times lately, where I turn on the player, press the 'resume playback' item to continue playing an mp3 file and get a "codec error". I then have to start from the beginning of the file again and it works. (They're 45 minute files... not 2 minute songs).

This issue does not always happen. It has also happened after my 3 reinstalls of both the firmware and bootloader from scratch while checking out that status line error.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
the error in :Browse Tags>Custom view thats were it frieezes on me
the other one is when changing theme it's like a power drain or just lines
Can't reproduce that. By default, this screen is empty unless you made you own "tagnavi_custom.config". If you did there is something wrong with it. Please post it so we can take a look at it.

Quote:

Quote:
For some reason when I turned my sansa off it froze on me I can remember what it said but something about bad command or not specific direction(only happened once)
I will only worry about it if it happens again.

Charles

Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzr View Post
I've had a few times lately, where I turn on the player, press the 'resume playback' item to continue playing an mp3 file and get a "codec error". I then have to start from the beginning of the file again and it works. (They're 45 minute files... not 2 minute songs).
Never had that problem. However, I have very few mp3 files. I have decide to release a new version later on tonight minus some enhancements that I haven't figured out how to code. If you still have problems with the new release, I will encode some longer mp3 tracks and do some testing.

Charles

Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 PM

I'm have problems with the splash screen, it won't load up correctly.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCop777 View Post
I'm have problems with the splash screen, it won't load up correctly.
I presume you are talking about a custom splash screen. What problems are you having?

Charles

Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM

I don't know if i'm correct, but for me, I know that the splash image ( 176 x 220) needs to be dirrectly in your sansa dirrectory for woring. Then, your turn splash screen on an you set your image as splash screen

Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 PM

He, cpchan, could you remove the the fix that interfer with the custom menu position patch soon plz? cuz I realy need this to work

Last edited by rouxchauve; 10-21-2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: edit

Old 10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxchauve View Post
He, cpchan, could you remove the the fix that interfer with the custom menu position patch soon plz? cuz I realy need this to work
I will be working on a release later on tonight. I am doing some mod stuff right now, i.e.: reorganizing the forum.

Charles

Old 10-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Hmm., I just read your message....so, right now, is it suposed tu be working ? (with the build that we can download on page number 1?)

Old 10-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Nah, I just tried and it's not working at all, there'S still text until the end of he screen, even if I set ''listwidth : 91'' in the .cfg file.....

Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxchauve View Post
Nah, I just tried and it's not working at all, there'S still text until the end of he screen, even if I set ''listwidth : 91'' in the .cfg file.....
I didn't get a chance to do it last night. I am in the process of fixing the custom list right now.

Charles

Closed Thread