android
Old 09-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calam View Post
Any chance of adding this in for testing after you get back up and runnin? : infoNES plugin
I will take a look at it in the next couple of days.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 PM

cool, thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 01:24 PM

Lightbulb text reader

Charles, where can I submit a request to modify the text reader plugin (or whatever) so that on the e200 the screen can be rotated to sideways to get more real estate for viewing/reading text? I know we now have the upside down function, which seems premature to me, as sideways is not an option there, but that is a global effect, and while it would be nice as well, turning the text sideways would seem benneficial on its own without affecting everything else.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Charles, where can I submit a request to modify the text reader plugin (or whatever) so that on the e200 the screen can be rotated to sideways to get more real estate for viewing/reading text? I know we now have the upside down function, which seems premature to me, as sideways is not an option there, but that is a global effect, and while it would be nice as well, turning the text sideways would seem benneficial on its own without affecting everything else.
Why don't you open up a feature request ticket here? The 90 degree rotation is a good feature, I use it a lot on my Palm T|X for web browsing, viewing speadsheets + databases and ebooks.

Charles

Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 PM

Default text reader not saving place after shutdown

Charles, I have had this issue for quite a while, and am unsure if it is specific to your build or not, but when I reboot, my place has not been saved like it was prior to rebooting. I actually think saved place is lost anytime another file is played, such as video or music. Can you verify this behavior?
p.s. I put in flyspray requests for screen rotations and text reader specific background and font settings, as I think they would come in handy, especially since many users are vision impaired, accessability is usually a good thing for everyone.
Have a good one bro, and thanks for all your hard work

Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Charles, I have had this issue for quite a while, and am unsure if it is specific to your build or not, but when I reboot, my place has not been saved like it was prior to rebooting.
No problems here. Are you sure are doing a soft shutdown instead of a hard shutdown? Config files are not saved during a hard shutdown. also, check you settings.

Quote:
I actually think saved place is lost anytime another file is played, such as video or music. Can you verify this behavior?
You lost me here, can you elaborate? I suspect you are talking about bookmarking. Bookmarking only works with files played and playlists created from the file browser at this point.

Charles

Old 09-22-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
No problems here. Are you sure are doing a soft shutdown instead of a hard shutdown? Config files are not saved during a hard shutdown. also, check you settings.
I do the hard shutdown, I'm afraid I'm, unclear on what a soft power-down is for this device.

Quote:
You lost me here, can you elaborate? I suspect you are talking about bookmarking. Bookmarking only works with files played and playlists created from the file browser at this point.

Charles
Correct, I want it to bookmark my text file where I was, so I can resume reading where I left off, but when I play another file or reboot, I lose the bookmark.

Last edited by calam; 09-22-2007 at 12:46 AM. Reason: cause I just dont get it ;)

Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Rockbox Developer

Hard shutdown means pressing and holding the menu button for more than 15 seconds, while the soft shutdown means you press menu for 2 seconds and the player displays "shutdown".

Old 09-24-2007, 04:00 AM

not to be impatient but will there be a new release coming out tomorrow or the next day? and when you do release a new build could you please include the snes plugin? it seems to be working just has a few problems with the controls. thank you.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargrath View Post
not to be impatient but will there be a new release coming out tomorrow or the next day?
I have started on resyncing my patches. If things goes well, there should be a release tonight or tomorrow morning.

Quote:
and when you do release a new build could you please include the snes plugin? it seems to be working just has a few problems with the controls. thank you.
Sure.

Charles

Old 09-24-2007, 10:50 AM

Hi, Charles! Recently I downloaded your build, and I explored full power of Sansa! Just one wish - maybe you have patch to watch satellite TV? =)
Respect from Russia)

Old 09-24-2007, 11:57 AM

I'd like mine to be a toaster!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:45 PM

C'mon guys. Be realistic. I'd like mine to do the dishes.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregasher861 View Post
Hi, Charles! Recently I downloaded your build, and I explored full power of Sansa! Just one wish - maybe you have patch to watch satellite TV? =)
Respect from Russia)

Old 09-24-2007, 08:30 PM

i dont even have rockbox, how do i get started? can someone help me please? =)

Old 09-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregasher861 View Post
Respect from Russia)
There is already a patch in my builds for it. However, you will need to wear a tine foil hat for reception and recite the ABi credo 3 time backwards in Pig Latin. Unfortunately, your post count is too low to qualify for even receiving the first stanza.

Charles

Old 09-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueninjasoup View Post
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/r....html#x4-60002

Charles

Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueninjasoup View Post
please?

Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 PM

I downloaded your build, and I have been having fun with all of the games included, but some don't work, including the Doom game, it says the WAD isnt found...Do I just download the WAD, or do I have to do anything else? And I'm not sure If I can talk about this, but how can I get Gameboy games to work on this? Lol

Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous16 View Post
I downloaded your build, and I have been having fun with all of the games included, but some don't work, including the Doom game, it says the WAD isnt found...Do I just download the WAD, or do I have to do anything else?
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PluginDoom

Quote:
And I'm not sure If I can talk about this, but how can I get Gameboy games to work on this? Lol
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie.../PluginRockboy

Asking how to get it to work is fine. Asking how to get illegal Gameboy ROM is a definite no, no.

Charles

Closed Thread