android
Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM

if the OF hides the music folder, you need to tell rb to show also hidden files.
but that way you cant hide the system files from the filebrowser.

if you see music, you also see .rockbox. but if you want to hide .rockbox you need to use another folder for the files :-)

and as we talk about the cpchan release here, the relase uses musica ... so that was what my post was about :-)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorganizer View Post
if the OF hides the music folder, you need to tell rb to show also hidden files.
but that way you cant hide the system files from the filebrowser.

if you see music, you also see .rockbox. but if you want to hide .rockbox you need to use another folder for the files :-)

and as we talk about the cpchan release here, the relase uses musica ... so that was what my post was about :-)
No it doesn't.

I talked about that you can use every folder for music, even the MUSIC folder. That applies to the stock rockbox as well as to any other custom build.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:20 AM

see rockbox manual:

if you set rockbox to show "supported only" all directories starting with . and with the hidden flag (the music folder as soon as you started the OF has this set) are hidden in the browser.

if you set it to show "all" (the only option to show hidden folders) then it shows the folders starting with . also.

so what do you mean by "no it doesnt"? it definitely hides "music" as soon as you set rb to something else than "show all". and with this setting it also shows .rockbox.

of course you can use(!) any folder, but not all folders are shown in the filebrowser independent of the settings

Old 09-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default I am back online

I have been offline due to a hardware problem. I will try my best to put up a new release with bug fixes this weelend and answer all questions. However, I still need to take the next day to resetup my system.

Charles

Old 09-02-2007, 11:55 AM

take your time charles, no need for a hurry :-)

Old 09-02-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I have been offline due to a hardware problem. I will try my best to put up a new release with bug fixes this weelend and answer all questions. However, I still need to take the next day to resetup my system.

Charles
Welcome back Charles Hope your comp Is Ok now

Old 09-02-2007, 05:15 PM

Thanks cpchan for the great work -- this is a fantastic Rockbox build for the Sansa and saved me several hours of hunting through patches this week

One feature request... can you cook up a patch that disables USB detection on the Sansa altogether? Currently all it does is just hang the Sansa whenever USB is inserted, which is... well kinda pointless. IMO the default behavior should just be to accept the USB power and do nothing else.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM

Hold select and then insert the cable

Old 09-02-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Hold select and then insert the cable
I am aware of that. I'm just saying that should be the default behavior, since the current default behavior makes almost no sense. Why would someone want their Sansa frozen at a USB insert screen?

Speaking of that, holding the select button for 2 seconds at the WPS completley freezes the device. Doesn't happen with pristine rockbox.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:02 PM

Doesn't happen to me.

Pretty sure you just don't have your quick menu set up. I remember a lot of people having this problem

Old 09-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Doesn't happen to me.

Pretty sure you just don't have your quick menu set up. I remember a lot of people having this problem
Duh, everyone slap me for not reading the thread before whining

Sorry

Old 09-02-2007, 09:40 PM

no problems...keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post

Charles

Old 09-02-2007, 11:01 PM

One more thing... I patched the latest source patch against the svn revision mentioned in the first post, then built and installed Rockbox to my Sansa via that, and somehow it doesn't work. The WPS screen is messed, and there isn't that modified bootsplash either.

Is there something special I have to do to build/customize your branch?

EDIT: D'OH I'm an idiot today. Forgot to actually apply the patch!

EDIT2: Excellent, just patched firmware/usb.c with a quick hackjob to always go into USB power mode. Now, I can plug it in and at least trickle 200mA or so off the USB while I'm at my desk

Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default News concerbing New Release

I get everything sorted out. There will be a release sometime this evening or early tomorrow morning. Thank you for your patience. Now back to setting things up.

Charles

Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 PM

Has anyone tried the mpg srt patch before? I was playing with it today but I can't seems to get it to work... both the mpg file name and the srt filename are the same and it works on the computer... however... there doesn't seems to be any subtitle when played in rockbox... Is there a option to enable it that I didn't know about?

EDIT: Still not sure how to make the srt file work... I ended up hard encoding it on the mpg file... lol... It turns out okay as I was able to encode it to a bigger size font and made it easier to read.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:12 AM

I don't think anyone saw my problem so I'll post it again:

Quote:
Problem: Sansa Freezing
Description: I forgot what was the game called but its like a R.T.S. game, the game randomly freezes my Sansa during gameplay.
**EDIT**
Oh and howcome the album art or whatever its called isn't showing up?

Old 09-05-2007, 04:56 PM

EXCELENT! THE BEST OF THE ACTUAL WEB COMPILATIONS, THAKS!!!

29a.labs***********

Old 09-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default New Update

I just put up a new update. This will be the last one until after the weekend. My machine will be going into the shop tomorrow as my temporary fix will only allow me to work on my machine for about 15 minutes at a time. I might have to replace the CPU.

Charles

Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
Has anyone tried the mpg srt patch before? I was playing with it today but I can't seems to get it to work... both the mpg file name and the srt filename are the same and it works on the computer... however... there doesn't seems to be any subtitle when played in rockbox... Is there a option to enable it that I didn't know about?

EDIT: Still not sure how to make the srt file work... I ended up hard encoding it on the mpg file... lol... It turns out okay as I was able to encode it to a bigger size font and made it easier to read.
Don't know I don't actually use subtitles. I will test it out when my machine is fixed after the weekend.

Charles

Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimLXJ View Post
I don't think anyone saw my problem so I'll post it again:
Which game are you talking about?

Quote:
Oh and howcome the album art or whatever its called isn't showing up?
Are you sure they are in bmp format? They must also reside in the same directory as the track and it must be called cover.bmp.

Charles

Closed Thread