android
Old 08-27-2007, 09:54 PM

question about mpegplayer, i set the options to not limit the fps, and that fixed the skipping video problem. However, the videos are now playing fine but there is no sound at all. in addition to that, no button works when the video is playing, all i can do is hold the power button for 10 secs to shutdown the player, the options menu is not working at all.

edit--
i unzipped the latest build of rockbox to overwrite the current one in sansa but result is still the same

another update--
i encoded a new video and it still has no sounds and nothing can be done while playing except to force shutdown

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-28-2007, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
What problems do you have in changing fonts? I have no problems with my latest build.

Charles

When I'm in Browse Fonts and I pick font that I want to apply the "loading" pops up but nothing changes

Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeName87 View Post
Hi there

Today I installed cpchan's rockbox build, but have some problems with it:

After the database has been built, I browse through my music and select some specific album (songs in it), I get the error "Database not ready"

After that I can't use the database anymore (only if I rebuild it)

second problem:

I created a playlist and at some of the songs in it I'll get an codec error (i think these are the same songs as mentioned obove)

but only during the sansa plays "automatically" - if I select a song out of the playlist, I can hear it without problems...

Thanks for helping me

I forgot: there are only mp3s on my sansa...
nobody an idea how to solve that problem?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:21 PM

Talking Make a cool theme combo with easy to read menu.

I don't have that problem but when you change the font the wps gets messed up and the menu won't scroll right. The IPhone Normal theme allows multiple fonts for both the menu and the wps. (others might too, but i didn't really look)

What i did was, I downloaded the IPone theme(it has 2 themes when u download it, use the IPhone Normal one) and I downloaded some other theme with bigger text(like Ocean).

I applied the big text theme(Ocean) and then went into the settings and "cleared backdrop" and set the background color to black and the foreground color to white. Now my menu is white text on a black background.

Then I went to the settings and found "browse wsp" and chose the IPhone Normal wps. Now my menu is easy to see and my wps is cool looking.

This is good if you read ebooks on your Sansa and if you want a cool wps theme at the same time. I might make a theme that is just for that, but it would be my own work.

Themes I Used:
-Ocean (for the menu)
-IPhone (for the wps)

Old 08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Rockbox Developer

Hey Charles, FS7499 (jpeg_menu_slideshow.diff) got merged into SVN. You don't need that patch anymore

Old 08-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Rockbox Developer

As some are having problems with changing fonts; I think the multifont patch is out-of-sync or something, I can't compile it.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank_blank View Post
question about mpegplayer, i set the options to not limit the fps, and that fixed the skipping video problem. However, the videos are now playing fine but there is no sound at all. in addition to that, no button works when the video is playing, all i can do is hold the power button for 10 secs to shutdown the player, the options menu is not working at all.

edit--
i unzipped the latest build of rockbox to overwrite the current one in sansa but result is still the same

another update--
i encoded a new video and it still has no sounds and nothing can be done while playing except to force shutdown
Could someone help please. I'm also having the same problem.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Delete

You could delete the ".rockbox" folder on your sansa and then recopy a fresh version of cpchan's rockbox back on too it.

That would restore the mpeg viewer to it's original settings.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:54 PM

thanks! that worked. but i can reproduce the problem. The scenario is my videos skips frames every 2-3 seconds, then when i set the limit FPS to no, the video is then fixed, everything is fine. except that when i quit mpegplayer and open another video, i then get the same issue, no sounds, none of the buttons work, and all i can to do is sshutdown the player by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:14 AM

When i'm using Rockbox my Sansa isn't recognised by the computer properly. It goes to the screen with the USB connection picture, but it shows the Sansa as an Unknown Device. Help?

Also i'm missing all my old mp3's and videos that were present pre-rockbox? Do i have to add them again?

Sorry, I'm just experimenting with Rockbox as I usually use the original interface.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyubbo View Post
When i'm using Rockbox my Sansa isn't recognised by the computer properly. It goes to the screen with the USB connection picture, but it shows the Sansa as an Unknown Device. Help?

Also i'm missing all my old mp3's and videos that were present pre-rockbox? Do i have to add them again?

Sorry, I'm just experimenting with Rockbox as I usually use the original interface.
I don't think Rockbox fully support USB yet. You have to be in the original firmware when you connect to your computer until it does.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 AM

USB is not fuklly supported yet. You have to use OF to load music. Not sure on where your MP3s are as rockbox is self contained within the .rockbox folder. I never have to reload my music.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank_blank View Post
thanks! that worked. but i can reproduce the problem. The scenario is my videos skips frames every 2-3 seconds, then when i set the limit FPS to no, the video is then fixed, everything is fine. except that when i quit mpegplayer and open another video, i then get the same issue, no sounds, none of the buttons work, and all i can to do is sshutdown the player by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
The mpeg viewer is still a little buggy. I'm sure u can do with out videos. I had the same problem so i quit using videos.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:30 PM

customline still isn't working properly. It doesn't scroll correctly

Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 PM

I hope these answer your questions properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyubbo View Post

Requirements

To utilize this build fully, you must create or rename some directories (folders):
  • "Musica", for music file. Unfortunately we can't use "Music" because the OF keeps hiding that directory.
  • "Other_Audio" to origanize other audio files such as "Audio Books" and "Podcasts" in subdirectories.
  • "Other_Audio/Recordings" (Other_Audio\Recordings) for Recordings.
  • "Playlist" for playlists. All Rockbox playlists should be relocated here. The reason I had to do this is again because of OF's directory hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgo435 View Post
If you are using my builds for the first time, please rename "sample.custom_menu.config" in the ".rockbox" directory (folder) to "custom_menu.config".

Old 08-30-2007, 12:33 AM

Problem: Sansa Freezing
Description: I forgot what was the game called but its like a R.T.S. game, the game randomly freezes my Sansa during gameplay.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:45 AM

@charles:
maybe a stupid question, but wouldnt it be nice to move away from "musica" and use folders like "my music, my pictures, my playlists" or maybe "rb-music, rb-playlist, ..." instead?

or even better:
would it be possible to customize the main menu to use configurable directories for music etc.? maybe even hide some menu items?

regarding rare hangs during musc playback:
with the new builds i also experienced unreproducable hangs sometimes. what i noticed:
the hangs allways occur when pressing a button during playback when the backlight is off. it goes to the configured brightness for about a second, then drops back to a brightness of 1 or 2 (as far as i can see) and hangs.
maybe this helps to find the cause for the random hangs.
as said, i was not able to sucessfully reproduce when they happen. they just happen sometimes.

regarding power consumption / battery capacity:
i noticed that the newer builds (see previous posts about power draining) have istable runtimes for the battery. the total runtime was between 6 and 12hrs here, when charging the same way all the time and using the same playlist.
with the older builds i had a stable runtime for (almost) the same pattern of around 10-12 hrs.
i also could not find anything causing this behaviour, nor successfully reproduce the low runtime... so this is another random problem.

has anything regarding battery calculation/handling changed during the last month?
is the battery-capacity setting in the cvs? if its in the cvs i will propably do some testing with cvs rockbox to check whether this is caused by a patch or cvs.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Rockbox Developer

I never used a "musica" or "rb-music" or something. I allways used MUSIC used by the OF. It works fine with RB, even if it is hidden. There is no need at all to use any other music folder than MUSIC.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godess View Post
I never used a "musica" or "rb-music" or something. I allways used MUSIC used by the OF. It works fine with RB, even if it is hidden. There is no need at all to use any other music folder than MUSIC.
Likewise. And isinde the MUSIC folder i have PODCASTS and EBOOKS .

Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgo435 View Post
Customline works properly, scrolling margins doesn't work. I already informed Charles about that.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Closed Thread