android
Old 08-25-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorganizer View Post
@vic:
which version of charles build are you using?
i also have the 260, so propably we could easily compare results.
another thing which i test: i wonder if the power source matters. could it be that if you use a charger you get better charging results than attach to a pc?
i wonder why some report battery life issues, others reports scrollwheel problems and others report hangs. are we comparing different builds?
I use the latest build. Dates 22-08-07 if I'm not mistaken. It's with FONTS bug fixed and support for micro SD HC. As I've said, I'll introduce my results ASA the battery is dead.
Dunno concerning power source. Guess it only could influence the time of charging.
About different builds. I used Rockbox and almost all Cpchan's build. And I didn't meet with such problems as wheel, battery. But it do hangs))

Per aspera ad astra & Carpe diem

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2007, 05:28 AM

ok. i will also do a second pass with the current build. im loading with the pc right now (just for the sake of reducing possible influence) and the let it run just playing mp3 at volume -20 until it dies.
caption backlight is on. songs are between 2 and 3 minutes long.

as soon as it dies i will post the result here.

i also wonder if it could be some thermal/environmental influence, or whether maybe the charging routine of the OF is not charging up to 100% every time.
(i turn the sansa off for charging so the OF shuts down the player when fully charged)

Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Davion View Post
Scrolling wheel
Can't say that it is SLOW. I use it quite well and find it OK. Use setup settings of Scroll Wheel: SPEED 10, SCROLL START DELAY 800ms, SCROLL STEP SIZE 6px, BIDIRECTIONAL SCROLL LIMIT 25%, SCREEN SCROLL STEP SIZE 16 px
Battery life
Also cannot confirm, that Rockbox is extremly hunger for power. Yes, it do drain more power than the OF. But not so much. I guess, maybe someone should take a look at your running tests, guys.
I use Rockbox for playing games - about an hour per day, reading books 2-3 h/day and music - up to 4-6 h/day. I've powered up my Sansa (e260) a lil bit yesterday at 1700, so I'll run it without charging and say, for how long it can stand in such conditions as described higher.
Fonts
Thanks, Charles. No more bugs with fonts.
Bugs
Sometimes my player is hanging. It was earlier too, but now it hangs hard so I need to reboot it. And it hangs often enough to bother me
I too have noticed the battery drain. Sometimes its worse than other times. I've also had to reboot the device because of hanging, although this is now rare and seemed to only happen if I activated a button while the LCD was off.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 PM

BTW, it's hanging while I press accidentely few buttons, for example, OK+scroll whell

Old 08-25-2007, 01:53 PM

@vic:
my sansa is still playing. i had 1 hang after 1h20m, since then it ran all the time till now and still has over 50% power. strange.

i will leave it playing till the batt runs out and then load via my router's usb connector. maybe thats the problem (if the OF turns itself off to early when loading, for example).

strange.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:21 AM

my findings:
charged via pc, OF completely on: 12-14hrs of playtime
charged via router, OF completely on: 12-14hrs of playtime
charged via router, OF in shutdown mode: 2-3hrs of playtime

Old 08-26-2007, 04:15 AM

Very happy to be a first-time user of RockBox, a Sansa e250, and AnythingButiPod.
I recently installed this build of RockBox, and I was wondering if someone could direct me to a guide as to how to install additional themes? I really like the DockPod Aqua I found here. However, when I download it, it appears to be a full release of RockBox with that theme pre-installed.

I'd usually stumble and guess my way through editing, but I'm still pretty apprehensive about RockBox in general, and my new Sansa.

Any help or direction is appreciated,
JiG.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:45 AM

2JiG:
Go to the .rockbox folder with DockPod Aqua you've downloaded. Copy from there folders "wps", "backdrops", "icons" and "themes". Then paste them in .rockbox folder on your e250. Substitute folders in .rockbox on your e250. Please, try to post such questions after reading FAQ, similar topics.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:06 PM

About battery time.. It has gone down today at 2302 while I was reading a book. So, I have used it for 2 days without charging. My requirments to my player's work is described higher. Yes, battery is weaker than in the OF, but be aware of Rockbox features of working and a lot of apps, including txt-files (gush, LCD Screen eats a lot)

Still, it's good enough to stand the whole day of my terrorism for player. And it's good for me, because I can survive in the university )))

Old 08-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Installing a theme:
-download
-unzip or unrar or other "un..."
-copy folder .rockbox into root folder on sansa (yes there is one with Rockbox already)
-confirm overwrighting files (don't worry you will not lose anything)
-go to Settings>>Browse themes and apply one you just downloaded

Old 08-26-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Great Work

This is great. It has all the patches i need except for 1. Could u add custom_display_width.patch?

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5898

Old 08-27-2007, 04:40 AM

@ Vic Davion
Do you really dont have problem with font change? I just downloaded newest cpchan build and I still have problem with fonts
I check rockbox daily build and there is no problem with fonts.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiprah View Post
This is great. It has all the patches i need except for 1. Could u add custom_display_width.patch?

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5898
That would be useless. There is already a patch included which does exactly the same thing. Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan
23. scroll-margins_20070728.patch : The patch adds the possibility to restrict the width of a (scrolling) line in the wps.
Unfortunately the patch isn't working at the moment so it you won't be able to use it. Charles will look into it.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 PM

the usb stack got updated in the svn. i hope we soon get a new build to test it *g*

Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
the usb stack got updated in the svn. i hope we soon get a new build to test it *g*
I doubt it'd change anything - it's not ready yet. The MSC driver hasn't been written, and all the usb stack stuff in svn is ifdef'd out.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
Do you really dont have problem with font change? I just downloaded newest cpchan build and I still have problem with fonts
I check rockbox daily build and there is no problem with fonts.
What problems do you have in changing fonts? I have no problems with my latest build.

Charles

Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Read past the second word of the sentence:

"Usb Stack: only setup packet handling, and not enabled by default as there is a lot to do."

As in, this is not a working USB stack, only packet handling.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Database selfdestruction & Codec errors

Hi there

Today I installed cpchan's rockbox build, but have some problems with it:

After the database has been built, I browse through my music and select some specific album (songs in it), I get the error "Database not ready"

After that I can't use the database anymore (only if I rebuild it)

second problem:

I created a playlist and at some of the songs in it I'll get an codec error (i think these are the same songs as mentioned obove)

but only during the sansa plays "automatically" - if I select a song out of the playlist, I can hear it without problems...

Thanks for helping me

edit: I forgot: there are only mp3s on my sansa...

Old 08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Rockbox Developer

Nice copy and paste CodeName. You could've at least delete the "edit" at the end

Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 PM

where do I download the rockbox bootloader, I unzipped the rockbox to the root directory of the sansa, and it isn't even trying to load rockbox, should I just put only the mi4 files on first and then unzip to the root?

Closed Thread