android
Old 08-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gl4diator View Post
Thank you very much for this amazing build of RB, your badline patch was a lifesaver.
No problem.

Quote:
1. the bad line still exsist in my original fw. anyways to fix this problem? Thought about reloading the original fw didn't know if it will conflict with ur sansapatcher.exe command.
Unfortunately the patch cannot fix the problem in the OF. You will have to wait for a proper fix instead of this work around.

Quote:
2. Some rolling changing text along the linese of (&%58m) appears under my play button on the music playing screen. Which option do i need to disable to get rid of them?
I don't quite understand you can you elaborate on it or post a screen dump.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCVC View Post
The rockblox plugin freezes and i need to hard shutdown.
using your latest build (16.8).
P.S keep up the excellent work
You must have the old plugins lying around. Delete the rocks directory and reinstall.

Charles

Old 08-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
This is because you don't have a "custom quick menu" config file. You can just rename ".rockbox/sample.custom_menu.config" to "custom_menu.config"" as a starting point.

Here is the excerpt from my first post:

Be petient. There will be a lot of improvement once the code from the "Google Summer of Code" is merged.

Charles
Thanks for the help...Google Summer of Code? Well...whatever that is, don't worry, I can wait; in February when I first tried it, I couldn't stand RB...now...it's a different story...I hope I'm not being TOO demanding. I just wish I had the time to do this as a hobby.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
You must have the old plugins lying around. Delete the rocks directory and reinstall.

Charles
Nope. did a clean reinstall of your build (deleted the entire rockbox directory)

Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Nope. did a clean reinstall of your build (deleted the entire rockbox directory)
Strange, which plugin do you have problems with? Are there any error messages? My plugins works fine. Is anyone else having problems?

Charles

Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sovereign NCC-73811 View Post
Google Summer of Code? Well...whatever that is, don't worry, I can wait; .
Google Summer of Code is a project sponsored by Googles annually. Open Source projects that want to participate submit specific features that they would like to see in the project. University students can then apply for one of the accepted projects that they are interested in. If accepted, he/she will work under a mentor from the project and implement the code during the summer break.

Quote:
in February when I first tried it, I couldn't stand RB...now...it's a different story...
Yes, I remember you had a rather low opinion of Rockbox at that point. How things change.

Charles

Old 08-16-2007, 11:16 PM

I agree with USS I used RB in June and did not like it. Nows its really awesome. Just USB Data Transfer and its golden.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Strange, which plugin do you have problems with? Are there any error messages? My plugins works fine. Is anyone else having problems?

Charles
The problem is with the rockBLOX plugin.
did some testing and it happens with your build and chrisjs build but not with the official build...
any thought?
EDIT: problem with other plugins while exiting (chopper, invaderox, spacerocs)

Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The problem is with the rockBLOX plugin.
did some testing and it happens with your build and chrisjs build but not with the official build...
any thought?
EDIT: problem with other plugins while exiting (chopper, invaderox, spacerocs)
Strange, never noticed that before (I don't play games). It seem to only happen with certain plugins which are all games. I will try to trace the problem.

Charles

Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Hmm, don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the iPhone theme is broken with the latest build. The seekbar time display in the WPS isn't aligned properly

Old 08-18-2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Google Summer of Code is a project sponsored by Googles annually. Open Source projects that want to participate submit specific features that they would like to see in the project. University students can then apply for one of the accepted projects that they are interested in. If accepted, he/she will work under a mentor from the project and implement the code during the summer break.

Yes, I remember you had a rather low opinion of Rockbox at that point. How things change.

Charles
Yep, we Sansa users appreciate all the hard work you guys do...now I can say, "Can the iPod Nano do this? I don't think so..."

Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Rockbox Developer

Actually, Rockbox has been running pretty well on the iPod Nano for over a year...

Old 08-18-2007, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
Actually, Rockbox has been running pretty well on the iPod Nano for over a year...
That's true. You have to compare the original firmware of both players if you want to see the differences. Since Rockbox is working in the same way on so many targets...

BTW Charles, I have the plugins problem too.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 08-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratonator View Post
BTW Charles, I have the plugins problem too.
Fixed in the new version I just released. I didn't even have to do anything- I just updated the SVN version.

Charles

Old 08-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Hmm, don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the iPhone theme is broken with the latest build. The seekbar time display in the WPS isn't aligned properly
I know. I have to track down the problem, but it probably won't be till after the weekend. I am determined to finish the forum FAQs this weekend.

Charles

Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Charles, could you include this patch, please? It's called "Define line height in the WPS" and it allows you to set the height of the line. I need it for the theme I am working on.

Thanks,
krat

EDIT: Scrap this. I guess it should work with the custom line patch. But that patch doesn't work. Yet...
EDIT2: I have no idea what is preventing the custom line patch to work. I even made a new wps only with "%e|11|100|50|1|B8C8E1|%alMusic" in it. And I named the userfont1 in the cfg file. Am I getting something wrong?

Old 08-18-2007, 12:13 PM

i installed rock box today and some themes. everything was going good till i installed your version. now i cant even get rb to load? and ideas? i tried deleted the whole rb folder and re-install and it boots as normal sansa. why wont it boot as rb?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Rockbox Developer

Just as a note, the Line Height patch definitely has some bugs. Nico_P was working on it to add some flexibility to the WPS in terms of font choice (making it possible to choose smaller fonts without breaking many layouts) but the patch never got completed (for a variety of reasons) and I believe still has issues with lines that scroll.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:47 PM

OK, thanks for your reply Llorean. Do you know if the custom line patch works? And if it does work, what am I doing wrong?

Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Rockbox Developer

No clue. I don't really pay attention to patches that aren't going to get into SVN, but the line height interested me because it added something that, although viewports could do, would still be useful even after they're added.

It just didn't turn out to be too workable.

Closed Thread