android
Old 08-13-2007, 04:46 PM

After looking around at http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7487 I see that there have been changes made to the mpeg player patch that aren't reflected in the change log for this build. I'm still too noobish to patch/compile the updates myself for testing, but I think the issues I'm having might already be fixed in the updated patch. I'll try to verify that tonight.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-13-2007, 08:38 PM

OK I patched and compiled with nothing but the default build and the latest mpeg player patch. Same results. I've posted those results in http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7487 ... So it's not really something for cpchan to fix, but note that some mpeg files work fine without the patch, but won't play from the beginning with the patch... and some files (Elephant's dream) work fine with or without the patch.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmonkey421 View Post
OK I patched and compiled with nothing but the default build and the latest mpeg player patch. Same results. I've posted those results in http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7487 ... So it's not really something for cpchan to fix, but note that some mpeg files work fine without the patch, but won't play from the beginning with the patch... and some files (Elephant's dream) work fine with or without the patch.
patch_onsvn2007-08-14_r1
should fix the mpegplayer problem now!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:12 PM

I just installed the cpchan distribution, and it has worked fine for about an hour, but I just had a song paused for a minute while I looked something up on my computer, and when I looked back down, the player appears to have crashed. It is showing "Undefined instruction at 40000004" at the top. Did I do something wrong?

Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
I just installed the cpchan distribution, and it has worked fine for about an hour, but I just had a song paused for a minute while I looked something up on my computer, and when I looked back down, the player appears to have crashed. It is showing "Undefined instruction at 40000004" at the top. Did I do something wrong?
Your problem should be fixed in the release I am testing now. It will be uploaded in the next couple of hours.

Charles

Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Strange, I have never had that problem. Which codec are you using?

Charles

Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 PM

The filetype that it was paused on was an mp3.

Dunno, I grabbed the rockbox.zip from your distribution and installed it clean. I did have the chrisj distribution on it prior, although I did not have the bootloader installed, and then deleted the .rockbox dir and copied yours on followed by installing the bootloader. Did I need to remove some other files first maybe, some remnant of the previous build in a different location?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello all:

Sorry for the delay. Everything is back to normal now. A new build is up.

Charles

Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The filetype that it was paused on was an mp3.
Can you try the new build and see if the problem still persists?

Charles

Old 08-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Actiss

I'm glad the SPC player got updated (hey, I use it quite a bit), but with this new build my Sansa crashes when I insert or remove the MicroSD card when the Sansa is turned on. It isn't hot-swappable like it was in the previous build.

This isn't a big deal (or maybe it is, depending whom you ask), but I thought it should be mentioned.

Oh, also, regarding the SPC player, is there any way to increase the volume? SPC files are awfully low in volume compared to MP3's, even with ReplayGain enabled.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actiss View Post
but with this new build my Sansa crashes when I insert or remove the MicroSD card when the Sansa is turned on. It isn't hot-swappable like it was in the previous build.
Interesting, It could be the dircache patch. However, I don't have a MicroSD card to test it out right now. I will upload a version without the patch later on for you to test out.

Quote:
Oh, also, regarding the SPC player, is there any way to increase the volume? SPC files are awfully low in volume compared to MP3's, even with ReplayGain enabled.
Don't know, you should ask on the Flyspray page. For now you can increase the volume in "Sound Settings"-> "Volume". I have never played a SPC file before. The patch was a request by Jeton.

Charles

Old 08-15-2007, 11:18 AM

I had the player freeze up again this morning while I was at the gym, in the middle of an mp3. That was on the previous build, however. I've installed this new build and will give it a try and see how that goes.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM

when im in the database if i accidentally scroll the wheel while its loading it freezes up and i need to go back using the |<< button or the menu button
its just a bit annoying because when i go from the wps to the database with the select button it loads, shows the songs in the db, and then another box comes up and it loads it again. i usually start to try to scroll when it shows the songs and it freezes....is there any way to fix this?

Old 08-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Actiss: have you enabled dircache with this build?

There does seem to be a problem if dircache is disabled (default) and the card is removed -- as the author of that patch I'll try to fix it ASAP, but in the mean time enabling dircache in settings>general>system>disk>dircache should solve the problem!

Enabling dircache also has the advantage of allowing the database to be loaded into RAM (enabled separately), which speeds it up a bit.

I also plan to update the patch so the database will update automatically (if auto-update is enabled) whenever the card is changed.

Phil

Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Actiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillight View Post
Actiss: have you enabled dircache with this build?

There does seem to be a problem if dircache is disabled (default) and the card is removed -- as the author of that patch I'll try to fix it ASAP, but in the mean time enabling dircache in settings>general>system>disk>dircache should solve the problem!

Enabling dircache also has the advantage of allowing the database to be loaded into RAM (enabled separately), which speeds it up a bit.

I also plan to update the patch so the database will update automatically (if auto-update is enabled) whenever the card is changed.

Phil
Yup, sure enough enabling the dircache fixed the freezing. Thank you so much!

While I'm posting I'd like to thank you guys for your hard work, and for making my job more enjoyable .

Old 08-15-2007, 02:44 PM

So dircache was recently added for Sansa on rockbox?
Or was it removed, but then re-added again?

Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM

Nice to see that the mpegplayer problem is now fixed.

And finally the "Update Now" feature of the Database seems to work as it should.

Just one little thing: I think the "Calendar" plugin in chrisjs's build works a lot better than "rockcalendar" which you included in your build. It often crashes and looks really ugly.

A great new release, thanks cpchan!
And a big thank you to all of rockbox's contributors and patch-writers.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Question iPhone WPS

Wow thanks, I really like this new build except I have a little problem. Just before I installed the new build, I had the iPhone Theme. But now after I have installed it, both iPhone WPS screens are not displaying things as they should. I reinstalled the themes and same hing happened. Am i doing something wrong or is there something in the new build that conflicting with this?
Screendumps

iPhone Normal WPS
(totally different screen)

iPhone Cover Flow WPS (the timing displays are shifted to the right)

By the way, like the splash patch.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviep View Post
when im in the database if i accidentally scroll the wheel while its loading it freezes up and i need to go back using the |<< button or the menu button
its just a bit annoying because when i go from the wps to the database with the select button it loads, shows the songs in the db, and then another box comes up and it loads it again. i usually start to try to scroll when it shows the songs and it freezes....is there any way to fix this?
Try enabling dircache (settings-> general-> system-> disk-> dircache) and load to RAM (settings-> general-> database-> load to RAM).

Charles

Old 08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeton View Post
So dircache was recently added for Sansa on rockbox?
Or was it removed, but then re-added again?
It was and still is disabled after the MicroSD card support was added because the code was not prepared for multi-volume support. I have reenabled it in my build through a new patch that supports multi-volume.

Charles

Closed Thread