android
  #1161  
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 PM
SupaTrupa SupaTrupa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Hi everyone,
This is my first time using using rockbox. I'm having problem with recordings function of this build. I don't know how save a recording. Can you help me out?

Cheers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #1162  
Old 08-10-2007, 09:46 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTrupa View Post
This is my first time using using rockbox. I'm having problem with recordings function of this build. I don't know how save a recording. Can you help me out?
To stop recording short press on the "Power (Menu)" button. To exit the recording screen short press on the button again.

Charles

  #1163  
Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 PM
SupaTrupa SupaTrupa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Hi Charles
I can now stop the recording (previously i had to shutdown my sansa). However, I still don't know how to save the current recording?

Edit: Nevermind, i figured it out. The recorded files are saved to root directory. I am really thankful for your help

  #1164  
Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTrupa View Post
I can now stop the recording (previously i had to shutdown my sansa). However, I still don't know how to save the current recording?

Edit: Nevermind, i figured it out. The recorded files are saved to root directory. I am really thankful for your help
Any directory can be used for saving. It is set in the context menu of the file browser.

Charles

  #1165  
Old 08-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Vortex Vortex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Default

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the patch for mpegplayer that adds seeking and the startup menu. It prevents some files from being played that work fine with an official build. When I start playback the screen goes black and the Sansa freezes. There is no error message or anything. I have to hold POWER to reset the device.

It seems to happen reproducibly with certain files while other play flawlessly. Does anyone else have problems with this patch?

Quote:
I switched distributions and have only now recustomized my system to the way I want.
Which distribution are you using right now?

  #1166  
Old 08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
superego's Avatar
superego superego is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere in Nevada
Posts: 23
Default

Hey cpchan, whats up? I just wanted to make sure in advance that your new build has taken care of the annoying mpg-player problem. Thanks a bunch, still loving your build!

  #1167  
Old 08-12-2007, 01:10 AM
wayland wayland is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 20
Default

Hello i recently noticed that albums/eps tagged with track numbers like this a1,a2,b1,b2 don't sort properly in the database (b's are listed first) is there possibly an option that i have missed that corrects this?

  #1168  
Old 08-12-2007, 03:01 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
It seems to happen reproducibly with certain files while other play flawlessly. Does anyone else have problems with this patch?
No, I haven't encountered a mpeg2 file that I can't play yet.

Quote:
Which distribution are you using right now?
I am now using an Ubuntu based distro with a low latency kernel. I started with Slackware years ago, then I moved on to Redhat and then for years I was using SuSE. I took a wait and see attitude after the Novell purchase, but I finally had enough.

Charles

  #1169  
Old 08-12-2007, 03:06 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post
Hey cpchan, whats up? I just wanted to make sure in advance that your new build has taken care of the annoying mpg-player problem. Thanks a bunch, still loving your build!
Hopefully I will have a new build up sometime tonight. There are changes in SVN that prevented parts of a couple of my patches from working and I am unwilling to give up the functionality. I am waiting a reply on the devel list right now.

Charles

  #1170  
Old 08-12-2007, 03:07 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayland View Post
Hello i recently noticed that albums/eps tagged with track numbers like this a1,a2,b1,b2 don't sort properly in the database (b's are listed first) is there possibly an option that i have missed that corrects this?
I will do some testing and see what is going on. To tell you the truth, I very seldom use the db.

Charles

  #1171  
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 AM
A.z's Avatar
A.z A.z is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,349
Default

hey Charles, whats up my man? u didnt update your build for a long time. something's wrong?
__________________
You got that rainbow feel...
But the rainbow has a beard

My Last.fm

  #1172  
Old 08-13-2007, 04:18 AM
frenetic frenetic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Default playing mpeg

i am newbie with rockbox and all other stuff for improving sansa e250.

I'm sorry in advance because my question could be lame.

I have been following all instructions for installing rockbox cpchan branch :

1. deleted my old(default) rockbox
2. uninstalled rockbox booter with sansapatcher.exe
3. extracted rockbox.zip which i had downloaded from this thread into root directory of my sansa e 250
4. i run sansapatcher.exe again in cause to install rockbox booter


I cannot play video which i encode in way you described at this forum with mencoder. I have installed cpchan branch in order to use resume function when playing videos. I succesed with playing that file with default rockbox installation.


I need some help in order to avoid these problems.

I hope for fast reply.

Thanks in advance

  #1173  
Old 08-13-2007, 05:02 AM
kratonator's Avatar
kratonator kratonator is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenetic View Post
i am newbie with rockbox and all other stuff for improving sansa e250.

I'm sorry in advance because my question could be lame.

I have been following all instructions for installing rockbox cpchan branch :

1. deleted my old(default) rockbox
2. uninstalled rockbox booter with sansapatcher.exe
3. extracted rockbox.zip which i had downloaded from this thread into root directory of my sansa e 250
4. i run sansapatcher.exe again in cause to install rockbox booter


I cannot play video which i encode in way you described at this forum with mencoder. I have installed cpchan branch in order to use resume function when playing videos. I succesed with playing that file with default rockbox installation.


I need some help in order to avoid these problems.

I hope for fast reply.

Thanks in advance

Try to use WinFF. It is the most simple method. The theme cpchan uses is called azure v2. You can get it here together with other Sansa themes.
__________________
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Currently Using
Player: Cowon D2 | Rockboxed SanDisk Sansa e250
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

  #1174  
Old 08-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Vortex Vortex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Default

About the non-working mpeg files I mentioned earlier:

I re-encoded some of them using mencoder and now they play flawlessly even with the mpegplayer patch.
Unfortunately I don't remember how I encoded the non-working files. These files play on my computer and with the official rockbox build, though.

  #1175  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 AM
frenetic frenetic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Default playing mpeg

ok,
i have to encode movies via winff.
Thank you for advice.

I was surprised that mencoder encoded movie worked with default rockbox and it didn't work with cpchan branch rockbox.

Mpegplayer gives me only the black screen with backlight.

  #1176  
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenetic View Post
I was surprised that mencoder encoded movie worked with default rockbox and it didn't work with cpchan branch rockbox.
Strange, it works fine for me. All my videos are encoded with mencoder with my batch transcoding script.

Charles

  #1177  
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Vortex Vortex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
I was surprised that mencoder encoded movie worked with default rockbox and it didn't work with cpchan branch rockbox.
This is indeed strange since all the new files I encoded with mencoder work fine with your branch.

Maybe this is caused by a specific version of mencoder? I use an svn-build and update it quite often.

  #1178  
Old 08-13-2007, 11:57 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
Maybe this is caused by a specific version of mencoder? I use an svn-build and update it quite often.
Yes, or something wrong with the options used. I update my local tree from SVN and build regularly too.

Charles

  #1179  
Old 08-13-2007, 01:20 PM
ricocarlos ricocarlos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 52
Default

Is there a way you could make the sleep timer persistent?
I would like the sleep time to be active everytime I turn on the machine.

  #1180  
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM
crackmonkey421 crackmonkey421 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 23
Default

I get the same thing.. black screen with backlight on when I play my mpeg files from builds with the mpegplayer plugin patch. The same mpeg files worked fine before the patch or with the unpatched release of Rockbox.
The files play fine if I start them from anything above 0 minutes. I encoded them a while ago with these settings and MPlayer 1.0rc1 Windows:

mencoder input.avi -of mpeg -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=128 -af resample=44100:0:0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=250 -vf scale,harddup -ofps 12 -zoom -xy 220 -o output.mpg

I may try to encode with an updated mencoder, but being as they work fine with no patches, it's likely a problem with the patch.

--Just tried again with same settings but a may 29, 2007 build of mencoder. Same results as before.

Last edited by crackmonkey421; 08-13-2007 at 03:40 PM. Reason: continued effort

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.