android
Old 08-08-2007, 05:33 PM

so basically just a separate folder with the extension .bmp for the album art? the pic has to be in .bmp format too right?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-08-2007, 05:33 PM

I think I found a bug in the radio but I can't try the latest SVN build to confirm because I don't have the USB cable with me right now. It's pretty trivial but when you're in the radio and let the LCD go off, if you use the scroll-wheel to adjust the volume, it will work but the LCD will not come back on. I have the option that makes the first button press activate the LCD only but on all the other screens the scroll-wheel still activates the LCD.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpvu View Post
I think I found a bug in the radio but I can't try the latest SVN build to confirm because I don't have the USB cable with me right now. It's pretty trivial but when you're in the radio and let the LCD go off, if you use the scroll-wheel to adjust the volume, it will work but the LCD will not come back on.
I will test this out. I seldom use the radio.

Quote:
I have the option that makes the first button press activate the LCD only but on all the other screens the scroll-wheel still activates the LCD.
This is because moving the scrollwheel is considered a keypress.

Charles

Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post

This is because moving the scrollwheel is considered a keypress.

Charles
I know, I'm saying it worked properly in the other screens !

Old 08-09-2007, 01:51 AM

quick q - how does the favorites plugin work? whenever i click on it it says directory doesn't exist and returns an error...

Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanSupraGTR View Post
quick q - how does the favorites plugin work? whenever i click on it it says directory doesn't exist and returns an error...
You need to create a file called favorites.link in the root directory of your Sansa, with the path to directories you want to easily access (eg:

/MUSIC
/.rockbox/wps
/.rockbox/rocks
/Videos

(etc))

Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhindu View Post
so basically just a separate folder with the extension .bmp for the album art? the pic has to be in .bmp format too right?

Thanks.
No, just create a file in hte same folder as the songs. Yes, it needs to be a bmp.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:07 PM

thanks for the help.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Patch

I haven't seen any new request for patches lately.

So is FS7540 any good for Sansa?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeton View Post
I haven't seen any new request for patches lately.

So is FS7540 any good for Sansa?
Sure if you want, but does anyone actually listen to music from computer games?

Charles

Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry for the delay. I switched distributions and have only now recustomized my system to the way I want. There will be a release later on tonight.

Charles

Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Rockbox Developer

Just as a note, I have a large collection of SPC files on my player. While I don't use that patch (my primary player is a Gigabeat, and my Sansa doesn't have a copy of the SPCs on it) if I were stuck with the Sansa, that patch would be in my personal-use build. I would hazard that patch will show up in SVN eventually (as the author said, SVN needs some changes first, but he's the person who's most likely to work on those changes, so you can reasonably expect them to happen.)

The patch can more or less be treated as something yet to come.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 PM

i have a question...
ive been messing around with the quick menu patch and was wondering how to add stuff like database and lcd settings
pretty much the only menu items i can get to show up are the ones in config
how would i make it show database [from the settings menui] or something else shows in it....?

Old 08-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
You need to create a file called favorites.link in the root directory of your Sansa, with the path to directories you want to easily access (eg:

/MUSIC
/.rockbox/wps
/.rockbox/rocks
/Videos

(etc))
cant seem to get it to work - i renamed a text file (w/ the shortcuts i wanted) favorites.link and put it in the root. when i click on it through the shortcuts plugin nothing happens. There's also a shortcuts.link in the main directory...

Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanSupraGTR View Post
cant seem to get it to work - i renamed a text file (w/ the shortcuts i wanted) favorites.link and put it in the root. when i click on it through the shortcuts plugin nothing happens. There's also a shortcuts.link in the main directory...
Yeah, I just noticed that the favorites plugin is in SVN as the shortcuts plugin, and the filename was changed. Try renaming favorites.link to shortcuts.link. I noticed that you said you had already created a file called shortcuts.link - does that file have any paths in it or is it blank?

Old 08-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Update on the scroll-wheel bug I reported:

I went back and I tried the radio again but I can't seem to consistently reproduce the bug! However I did also notice it when I was playing music from my player and not the radio today so it's not a bug in the radio. It's hard to say what exactly it is because I can't consistently reproduce it. Sometimes when I just use the wheel for volume, the LCD just doesn't come on. It could be related to the amount of time the LCD is off for. Maybe there's a deeper sleep mode? I sometimes leave my Sansa playing for a long time without touching it and last time it happened that was the case.

Again, a very cosmetic bug so not a very high priority.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:26 PM

The latest SVN has the plugins grouped in 4 groups i think.
Would be nice if you update the build.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeton View Post
The latest SVN has the plugins grouped in 4 groups i think.
Would be nice if you update the build.
I am in the process right now. My cumulative patch is too out of sync, so I decided to do clean version instead after initially trying to fix it.. It will be up later on.

Sorry for the delay. Getting my computer back in order have taken much long then I thought after years of customization. I am pedantic about such things.

Charles

Old 08-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpvu View Post
Update on the scroll-wheel bug I reported:

I went back and I tried the radio again but I can't seem to consistently reproduce the bug! However I did also notice it when I was playing music from my player and not the radio today so it's not a bug in the radio. It's hard to say what exactly it is because I can't consistently reproduce it. Sometimes when I just use the wheel for volume, the LCD just doesn't come on. It could be related to the amount of time the LCD is off for. Maybe there's a deeper sleep mode? I sometimes leave my Sansa playing for a long time without touching it and last time it happened that was the case.

Again, a very cosmetic bug so not a very high priority.
Try my next version when I put it up. If it still persists, we have to find reliable way to reproduce it, and find the root cause so it can be fixed.

Charles

Old 08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
Yeah, I just noticed that the favorites plugin is in SVN as the shortcuts plugin, and the filename was changed. Try renaming favorites.link to shortcuts.link. I noticed that you said you had already created a file called shortcuts.link - does that file have any paths in it or is it blank?
Also the paths must in the form of:

/dir1/
/dir2/dir3/

notice the trailing slashes.

Charles

Closed Thread