android
Old 07-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviep View Post
just so you know i think theres a bug with the quick menu patch
This is because you don't have a config file yet. Rename "sample.custom_menu.config" to "custom_menu.config" in the .rockbox directory and you are set.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2007, 08:16 PM

I've had this problem with FM Radio not appearing in the main menu with chrisjs' build so I decided to see if the problem still happened in your build as well. Like chrisjs' build, sometimes radio is there, sometimes it's not.

Know any reason for it? He said that it might've been because the hardware was not detected. He recommended me to delete the entire .rockbox folder and re-install.

If I wanted to keep my settings, configs, plugin scores etc. do you know which files I would need to backup?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Know any reason for it?
It could be flaky hardware.

Quote:
He recommended me to delete the entire .rockbox folder and re-install.
No harm in trying that.

Quote:
If I wanted to keep my settings, configs, plugin scores etc. do you know which files I would need to backup?
All .cfg and .tcd files in the root .rockbox directory and, all non .rock files in the plugin directory.

Charles

Old 07-28-2007, 11:02 PM

I thought you were replying to what I posted - but it seems not.

I also have the radio coming and going problem with the cpchan build and the main Rockbox build. I've tried reinstalling from scratch... to no avail. The problem started maybe a month ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
I've had this problem with FM Radio not appearing in the main menu with chrisjs' build so I decided to see if the problem still happened in your build as well. Like chrisjs' build, sometimes radio is there, sometimes it's not.

Know any reason for it? He said that it might've been because the hardware was not detected. He recommended me to delete the entire .rockbox folder and re-install.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:18 PM

Nice to know it's not only me. I'm pretty sure it started happening a while ago too, just that I never noticed until a few days or so

Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 PM

Never noticed it before, but I've checked and the same thing happens to me

Old 07-29-2007, 01:48 AM

Charles, does the Favorites plugin requires to manually create a favorites.link file? When i start it it says it can't find the setting file.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Rockbox Developer

chpchan, can you put your build into one file? It is actually possible, I saw several attachments bigger than 1.5 MiB

Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Uff...I was litlle in panic because my sansa stop plays, turn off and was going hotter and hotter (normally it isn't hot at all) I couldn't turn it on. So I quickly take out the battery and now I'm going to test if eveything is all right. I post this first to ask if someone has encaunter something like this before or its something about reenabling frequency scalling (to high frequency?, what does this function do exactly enyway?)?
I was playing song as usual nothing else (today I updated Cpchan build).

Charles, I like very much changes you've made to menu, it's great

Old 07-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
....or its something about reenabling frequency scalling (to high frequency?, what does this function do exactly enyway?)?...
I would say that frequency scaling is probably the least likely culprit for your problem here.

Now, I am no expert at this, but heres how I understand it. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Frequency scaling allows rockbox to run the player at less than full power. The main purpose of this is to save battery power. As it was, rockbox could only use the cpu at 100% all the time. Frequency scalling allows it to reduce that.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I just uploaded a new version (regular, not menu build). There was a couple of lines that did not revert properly. Can those having scrollwheel problems please test?

Charles
Hey Charles,

After you made this change, I am now experiencing the skipping problem that I had earlier. The problem was not there with that build until you went back and made the scrollwheel changes.

~kockroach

Actually, just to be safe, I tested a couple other builds -- mschneider's M-build and chrisjs' build. The skipping problem is there on mschneider's build, but it is not there on chrisjs' build.

Last edited by kockroach; 07-29-2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: additional comments

Old 07-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Ebooks

Hi!

Is it possible to get a lower auto scroll speed when reading a txt file? A lower speed than 1.

Thanks for a great Rockbox build!
Martin

Old 07-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeton View Post
Charles, does the Favorites plugin requires to manually create a favorites.link file? When i start it it says it can't find the setting file.
The format of the file is assumed to be one directory path per line, e.g. :

/dir1/
/dir2/dir3/

The trailing slash is a must have.

Charles

Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godess View Post
chpchan, can you put your build into one file? It is actually possible, I saw several attachments bigger than 1.5 MiB
I will try. If larger attachments are allowed now, it would be great.

Charles

Old 07-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
Uff...I was litlle in panic because my sansa stop plays, turn off and was going hotter and hotter (normally it isn't hot at all) I couldn't turn it on. So I quickly take out the battery and now I'm going to test if eveything is all right.
It sounds like a hardware problem.

Quote:
I post this first to ask if someone has encaunter something like this before or its something about reenabling frequency scalling (to high frequency?, what does this function do exactly enyway?)?
I don't think it is frequency scaling because that you actually lowers the cpu speed when what you are doing doesn't need it.

Quote:
Charles, I like very much changes you've made to menu, it's great
Thanks.

Charles

Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kockroach View Post
Hey Charles,

After you made this change, I am now experiencing the skipping problem that I had earlier. The problem was not there with that build until you went back and made the scrollwheel change.
Strange, I will look into it. What codec were you using and at what bitrate? Also was it vbr or cbr? I want to reproduce it.

Charles

Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernan View Post
Is it possible to get a lower auto scroll speed when reading a txt file? A lower speed than 1.
Not right now. You can submit a feature request at the Rockbox site. Iwill alos see what I can do about it.

Quote:
Thanks for a great Rockbox build!
Glad that you like it.

Charles

Old 07-29-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Strange, I will look into it. What codec were you using and at what bitrate? Also was it vbr or cbr? I want to reproduce it.

Charles
I'm using Nero AAC (1.0.7.0) at a setting of "-q 0.4". I believe it is around 128 kbps (VBR).

Old 07-30-2007, 02:41 AM

Hey Charles, I love your build and the work you're doing!

I just updated a couple of days ago (v.070726) and encountered a strange problem. When I access the context menu (hold submenu button) and make a change, the font suddenly changes to the default font (snap font). I had to return to the WPS (which was changed to snap as well) and then press the power button to get to the main menu which returned the Sansa to the nimbus-14 font that I use.

I also noticed that when I was browsing and a line started to scroll, the scrolling text appeared half a line up (shifted up half the height of the font) while the original line remained still and partially covered.

Tried deleting the rockbox folder and replaced it fresh. Same problem. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem?

edit: Updated to the latest build and all is well! I should have checked the first page before posting!

Last edited by gonzalimator; 07-30-2007 at 02:54 AM. Reason: solution found

Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Jpeg Viewer

Charles.

Could you add FS7499

It adds new key map for the Jpeg Viewer (finally!)

Closed Thread