android
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I am in the process of updating some patches (customline is one of them) and fixing some UI bugs.

Charles
Looking forward to testing out the changes.

Thanks Charles! I appreciate your work.

~kockroach

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2007, 12:41 AM

I figure out my problem with not seeing any files within my folder... it seems that the view file option was changed to show "playlist" only... which I have none... I got everything back to normal by changing it to show "supported" Just in case anyone else ran into this problem

Old 07-28-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
I figure out my problem with not seeing any files within my folder... it seems that the view file option was changed to show "playlist" only... which I have none... I got everything back to normal by changing it to show "supported" Just in case anyone else ran into this problem
That happened to me as well.
Something must have changed in the build that will require some users to change that.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Scroll wheel sensitivity patch?

I just start to scroll "fast" and it jumps to the end of the list.
Only in the last build.
What should I do?

Old 07-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It's the wheel acceleration. For the most part, you'll have to just scroll slower.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:12 AM

Hmm the wheel acceleration doesn't quite feel natural... as it did before.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:16 AM

Everything is working fine in the new build except when I want to play video it comes up with the message "Missing Packet Start Code Prefix: 00 at 5000" but it then continues to where you can select to start the video and everything goes fine. Yes I have double checked I extracted both

Also is there anyway you can change the patch so you don't have to wait for the screenshot to appear before you can start it as it sometimes takes around 10 seconds. Also what would really also help is the ability to quit the video while your at the screen selecting when to start as its annoying having to start the movie to be able to exit out of it, furthermore Is there anyway to get a number show up telling you what minute you are at so you can see where you go back to.

EDIT: I also find that wheel acceleration is unnatural as I have to turn the wheel very slowly (about 2 songs a second) or it will jump to the bottom of the list, I'm not sure if this is because I have a small amount of music but it is very annoying.

Last edited by badboy; 07-28-2007 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Add more complaints :P

Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Everything is working fine in the new build except when I want to play video it comes up with the message "Missing Packet Start Code Prefix: 00 at 5000" but it then continues to where you can select to start the video and everything goes fine. Yes I have double checked I extracted both
I'm getting the same error.

Edit:
This if from flyspray, so a fix is coming out soon.
Comment by Brian Morey (Morey) - Friday, 27 July 2007, 16:37 GMT
We've identified the bug giving this error message and should have a patch out in the next day or two.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Yes I downloaded and unzipped both files.

I will try to clarify. The Sansa starts up then briefly shows a color sreeen that looks as if it should be a menu. This menu kind of looks like it scrolls like an odometer insead of the sansa's standard circular manu.

At this point I can't even get the Sansa to mount to my Vista computer for removal or update of Rockbox. Any suggestions? Maybe I will try safe mode.

Thanks for any help.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roietrip View Post
I just start to scroll "fast" and it jumps to the end of the list.
Yes, this is the new behaviour:

List acceleration is based upon velocity-squared time a constant times number of missed wheel interrupts. The perceived velocity in the list should remain rather constant regardless of CPU load for any given wheel speed.

Fine control remains fine and yet you can move very far with a single wheel flick. It should be easy to aim for a particular range in the list (looking at the scroll bar). A small amount of time with it should make aiming pretty much a reflex action.

Quote:
What should I do?
Get use to it. It is actually quite nice.

Charles

Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarks View Post
Yes I downloaded and unzipped both files.

I will try to clarify. The Sansa starts up then briefly shows a color sreeen that looks as if it should be a menu. This menu kind of looks like it scrolls like an odometer insead of the sansa's standard circular manu.
It looks like you have an older bootloader. Install this:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...&postcount=809

Charles

Old 07-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
The authors are going to fix it soon.

Quote:
Also is there anyway you can change the patch so you don't have to wait for the screenshot to appear before you can start it as it sometimes takes around 10 seconds. Also what would really also help is the ability to quit the video while your at the screen selecting when to start as its annoying having to start the movie to be able to exit out of it, furthermore Is there anyway to get a number show up telling you what minute you are at so you can see where you go back to.
I have already suggested most of these to the authors.

Quote:
I also find that wheel acceleration is unnatural as I have to turn the wheel very slowly (about 2 songs a second) or it will jump to the bottom of the list, I'm not sure if this is because I have a small amount of music but it is very annoying.
It take a while to get use to, but once you get it, it is quite nice. I will be uploading a new version in 45 minutes- it should be slightly slower due to reenabling of frequency scaling.

Charles

Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I just uploaded a new build. I believe I have fixed all UI bugs. Please test, especially with multiple fonts.

Charles

Old 07-28-2007, 10:37 AM

Both the custom line and multiple fonts seem to be working perfectly now

Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Hey Charles,

Thanks for the update. The issue I had with my WPS is almost completely gone. The problem is that there is one line text, which is the day and time. Originally, it was shifting slightly from right to left every couple of seconds, but also was showing up in a different font behind the actual font that is supposed to display. Kind of a ghost image, if you will.

The ghost image is now gone, so it only displays this line once and in the proper font. However, it is still shifting right to left, and then back again. It is random as to how often it does it.

I could send you the WPS if you'd like, so you can see what I am talking about.

~kockroach

Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kockroach View Post
The ghost image is now gone, so it only displays this line once and in the proper font. However, it is still shifting right to left, and then back again. It is random as to how often it does it.
Did it work with my build before?

Quote:
I could send you the WPS if you'd like, so you can see what I am talking about.
Please do. Just upload it here- you can delete the posting later on, if you like.

Charles

Old 07-28-2007, 12:27 PM

Hey Charles,

Actually, no need to worry now. The alignment of the time code was causing the left-right shift. It was right aligned. I tried center and left, and left ended up working without a problem. Could be due to the seconds updating, and spacing of the font.

So all is well now. Thanks again for updating the customline/multifont patches. Your build is awesome!

~kockroach

Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 PM

Default List acceleration IT'S REALY WEIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Yes, this is the new behaviour:

List acceleration is based upon velocity-squared time a constant times number of missed wheel interrupts. The perceived velocity in the list should remain rather constant regardless of CPU load for any given wheel speed.

Fine control remains fine and yet you can move very far with a single wheel flick. It should be easy to aim for a particular range in the list (looking at the scroll bar). A small amount of time with it should make aiming pretty much a reflex action.

Get use to it. It is actually quite nice.

Charles
It's not practical at all! I think you have a different wheel maybe (I HAVE THE OLD ONE) and I just can't use it now. I have 1000 artists and I need to browse really really, and I mean really really slow if I don't want it to jump to the end of the list! it's takes me about 2 minutes to go from A to Z !
it's only me? what's wrong here... its not suppose to be like this.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
It's not practical at all! I think you have a different wheel maybe (I HAVE THE OLD ONE) and I just can't use it now. I have 1000 artists and I need to browse really really, and I mean really really slow if I don't want it to jump to the end of the list! it's takes me about 2 minutes to go from A to Z !
ya i kno what you mean so its not just you dont worry. Its weird cuz it doesnt happen in the unmodified build or chrisjs's build. the reg wheel acceleration is much nicer and makes it a lot easier to scroll through the long database....

Old 07-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
It's not practical at all! I think you have a different wheel maybe (I HAVE THE OLD ONE) and I just can't use it now.
Yes, I do have the new wheel.

Quote:
I have 1000 artists and I need to browse really really, and I mean really really slow if I don't want it to jump to the end of the list! it's takes me about 2 minutes to go from A to Z !
  1. If you want precision, the trick is to keep your fingers on the wheel (apply a bit more pressure if you want) while scrolling and in one continuous motion.
  2. If you want to travel a long distance, you flick it.

Quote:
If you really don't like it, I suggest you submit a features request at the Rockbox site for an option to turn it off.

I have heard more positive than negative comments on this, especially in the forums on the Rockbox site.

Charles

Closed Thread