android
  #941  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:43 PM
stuibb stuibb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 45
Default

Yeah I realised this when I scrolled up after posting,

Well didn't mean to rush you ,

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #942  
Old 07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
USS Sovereign NCC-73811's Avatar
USS Sovereign NCC-73811 USS Sovereign NCC-73811 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Starfleet Academy, San Francisco
Posts: 256
Default

Thanks for the hard work, I hope you solve it soon.

  #943  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:08 PM
kockroach kockroach is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 56
Default

Hey cpchan,

Not sure if you have (or anyone else has) seen this problem. I play MP4 files (encoded with Nero AAC). My files have played fine up until the build from July 20th. Songs will skip at random points...and not just skip a couple seconds, but the rest of the song...moving on to another song. It doesn't happen with all songs, but it does happen frequently.

I tried re-initializing the database, but it did not work. I also tried to re-install your build, but it also did not work. I then tried to go with a normal, unpatched build (which happened to be this morning around 6 AM CDT). That build works without problem. So I am not sure what is causing it. After your new build comes out, I'll try again, and see if I still have the skipping problem.

Thanks for your hard work (and adding in those patches I requested)!!
~kockroach

  #944  
Old 07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Songokuu's Avatar
Songokuu Songokuu is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Posts: 89
Default

Okey Quick menu works thanks to you guys...I must only configure it...by the way I saw a list (*.txt file) here or on rockbox.org of about 141 quick menu entries any hint where to find this? (FOUND IT - its on chrisjs branch forum page)

Second thing - got same problem with PANIC error... it start to show up after I change rockbox from your (cpchan ofcourse personal build to your
"branch" and even i got back to personal (deleted rockbox folder first) PANIC its still there.

Last edited by Songokuu; 07-25-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Found what I was looking for :D

  #945  
Old 07-25-2007, 08:26 PM
calam calam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Default still no mpeg bro

just so ya know, I confirmed stkov main still in the current build just tried.

  #946  
Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 PM
jacoby jacoby is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
Default

Latest trunk build, or this build? Cpchan's build hasn't been updated in about a week.

  #947  
Old 07-26-2007, 03:00 AM
USS Sovereign NCC-73811's Avatar
USS Sovereign NCC-73811 USS Sovereign NCC-73811 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Starfleet Academy, San Francisco
Posts: 256
Default

He still hasn't updated the build yet. Wonder what's causing this anyway?

  #948  
Old 07-26-2007, 03:15 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sovereign NCC-73811 View Post
He still hasn't updated the build yet. Wonder what's causing this anyway?
Something changed in yesterday's (July 25) SVN version (most likely the ATA clean up) which broke the mpegplayer resume feature even though the patch applies cleanly. I have spent 10 hours trying to track down the cause, but still haven't located it yet. However, I think I have solved the "no sound" problem that some people are experiencing with mpeg playback. I think I am just going to upload the new build and continue tomorrow.

Charles

  #949  
Old 07-26-2007, 03:16 AM
jacoby jacoby is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
Default

Did the mpegplayer resume work before that? Its never worked for me...

  #950  
Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby View Post
Did the mpegplayer resume work before that? Its never worked for me...
Yes, the mpeg resume was working with the SVN version up until July 24.

Charles

  #951  
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
Got same results with Elephant Dream. Like I said in my previous post, I don't have the problem with the current build from Rockbox, nor am i now having a problem with Jack's build. Just yours unfortunately. Oh and nope don't have an SD card neither.
Can you try my new build and report back?

Charles

  #952  
Old 07-26-2007, 08:01 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapz View Post
Hey Charles, many thanks for your work on the cpchan release. It's damn cool!
Thanks.

Quote:
I'm using it with BigArt with 162x162 cover art, and i'm loving it. I've loaded the new boot loader you posted some threads back, it doesn't really seem to fix the first line scrambling, though. Any ideas?
There are 2 patches. The one in the bootloader is for everything before the firmware loads. The other one, for the firmware itself, is included in my builds. Are you sure you downloaded and unzipped both zip files?

Quote:
Another problem I seem to have since two days is the detection of it being MSD when connected to USB on two different machines. It works sometimes, and sometimes it's not recognized. I use the latest official release from Sandisk, and have the older European e260 (4gb). Recovery mode works fine every-time though. Anyone seen this before?
Strange. Is anyone else having this problem? I don't use Windows, so I can't reproduce it.

Charles

  #953  
Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kockroach View Post
Not sure if you have (or anyone else has) seen this problem. I play MP4 files (encoded with Nero AAC). My files have played fine up until the build from July 20th. Songs will skip at random points...and not just skip a couple seconds, but the rest of the song...moving on to another song. It doesn't happen with all songs, but it does happen frequently.
Can you try the build that I have just uploaded? If you have the same problem, try a current build from the Rockbox site. If the problem persists, please file a bug report at rockbox.org.

Quote:
Thanks for your hard work (and adding in those patches I requested)!!
No problem.

Charles

  #954  
Old 07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
Second thing - got same problem with PANIC error... it start to show up after I change rockbox from your (cpchan ofcourse personal build to your
"branch" and even i got back to personal (deleted rockbox folder first) PANIC its still there.
All panics should be gone in the build that I have just uploaded. Please test.

Charles

  #955  
Old 07-26-2007, 08:13 AM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Something changed in yesterday's (July 25) SVN version (most likely the ATA clean up) which broke the mpegplayer resume feature even though the patch applies cleanly. I have spent 10 hours trying to track down the cause, but still haven't located it yet. However, I think I have solved the "no sound" problem that some people are experiencing with mpeg playback. I think I am just going to upload the new build and continue tomorrow.
I changed my mind. I have now more or less fixed the resume problem. However, it is slower than before. The beginning of the video will play for a few seconds before resume kicks in and also, there is a couple of seconds of video being out of sync after resuming.

Charles

  #956  
Old 07-26-2007, 08:57 AM
kockroach kockroach is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Can you try the build that I have just uploaded? If you have the same problem, try a current build from the Rockbox site. If the problem persists, please file a bug report at rockbox.org.
Charles
I just tried your new build. The "skipping" problem is still there. I downloaded the current build (13:25 UTC -- which is just a change to the MAINTAINERS file compared to the SVN you used) from rockbox.org, and the problem is not there. So it seems that perhaps a patch is causing the issue.

  #957  
Old 07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Feyenord Feyenord is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
Default

Is there any way to turn off fast scrolling? Because I seriously hate it when I scroll the wheel too fast and the list skips to start/end.
Otherwise this is really good stuff, thumbs up, I newer thought I would be able to use programs and even play games on my sansa when I bought it !

  #958  
Old 07-26-2007, 11:40 AM
badboy badboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Now when I try to play video it says "Incompatible Version" I don't know if its talking about the Video or mpegplayer but if its talking about the video I have been using the same video for weeks and it has worked before on builds from 2 weeks ago

  #959  
Old 07-26-2007, 12:15 PM
chrisjs162216 chrisjs162216 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Now when I try to play video it says "Incompatible Version" I don't know if its talking about the Video or mpegplayer but if its talking about the video I have been using the same video for weeks and it has worked before on builds from 2 weeks ago

Are you sure you extracted both zip files to your Sansa?

  #960  
Old 07-26-2007, 01:09 PM
calam calam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Talking mpeg

okay, mpeg play does work here again, along with the syncing issue you mentioned. meh.
but still, YAAAAY! i can watch Gojira again
for the first time i noticed the super fast scrolling bit, its a good idea, but i wonder if it can be toned down a bit, or ramp-up speed user selected, like the seek time in audio tracks (and hopefully someday in mpeg player), or only if the list is "x" long, short lists are where this would be most annoying to jump past what you were seeking?

Last edited by calam; 07-26-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: cause i missed a spot ;)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.