android
  #921  
Old 07-24-2007, 05:09 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calam View Post
just replicated, got it in panic stkov main
Strange. Is anyone else having this problem?

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #922  
Old 07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godess View Post
There is something weird here.

When a list item doesn't fit the screen it begins to scroll horizontally. That's fine, well actually, it has been fine.

I just updated to your latest build, and the horizontal scrolling is bugged.

Let me visualise the problem:

xxxxxxx - the item above
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled so that one can read it

When scrolling takes place:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled scrolls, but it it scrolls 1 line above so that xxxxxxx is hidden
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled is still there, marked and not scrolled.

I hope you understood. The item scrolls 1 line above, overlapping the item above.

This happend to me with the normal rockbox theme, with Azure it was not 1 line, but 1/2.

I installed the build cleanly, I deleted the entire .rockbox folder (except backdrops, themes, fonts, icons and wps) and updated after that.
Yes, I noticed that too. However, I didn't have time to track down the problem and fix it before I left. I will look at it tonight.

Charles

  #923  
Old 07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
adrift's Avatar
adrift adrift is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Strange. Is anyone else having this problem?

Charles

I am with both yours and Chris' builds (when i last checked, yesterday). I am not getting a stack overflow in the unpatched rockbox build though.

  #924  
Old 07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
I am with both yours and Chris' builds (when i last checked, yesterday).
Are you getting it with Jack's build too. Are you using a MicroSD card? If so, can you take it out and try again (I want to make sure it is not the multifont patch)?

Charles

  #925  
Old 07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
kernan kernan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Default *Panic* Stkov Main

I'm getting the error everytime I try to load an mpeg movie. Tried both with winff and Super. None of them works...

  #926  
Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernan View Post
I'm getting the error everytime I try to load an mpeg movie. Tried both with winff and Super. None of them works...
Can you download Elephant Dream:

http://download.rockbox.org/mpeg/ele...76-469kbps.mpg

and see if it works? If it doesn't try a current build from the Rockbox site. This will eliminate some possibilities.

Charles

  #927  
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 AM
adrift's Avatar
adrift adrift is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Can you download Elephant Dream:

http://download.rockbox.org/mpeg/ele...76-469kbps.mpg

and see if it works? If it doesn't try a current build from the Rockbox site. This will eliminate some possibilities.

Charles
Got same results with Elephant Dream. Like I said in my previous post, I don't have the problem with the current build from Rockbox, nor am i now having a problem with Jack's build. Just yours unfortunately. Oh and nope don't have an SD card neither.

  #928  
Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 AM
wapz wapz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 53
Default

Hey Charles, many thanks for your work on the cpchan release. It's damn cool! I'm using it with BigArt with 162x162 cover art, and i'm loving it. I've loaded the new boot loader you posted some threads back, it doesn't really seem to fix the first line scrambling, though. Any ideas?

Another problem I seem to have since two days is the detection of it being MSD when connected to USB on two different machines. It works sometimes, and sometimes it's not recognized. I use the latest official release from Sandisk, and have the older European e260 (4gb). Recovery mode works fine every-time though. Anyone seen this before?

  #929  
Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Songokuu's Avatar
Songokuu Songokuu is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Posts: 89
Default

Hi, I'm using your build for about 3 days and I have a problem with Quick Menu witch supposed to be accesable by pressing long select but every time I'm doing this my Sansa freez. Any suggestions?

  #930  
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 AM
chrisjs162216 chrisjs162216 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
Hi, I'm using your build for about 3 days and I have a problem with Quick Menu witch supposed to be accesable by pressing long select but every time I'm doing this my Sansa freez. Any suggestions?
I thought Charles said he would mention this in the first post of the thread, but try renaming sample.custom_menu.config to custom_menu.config (in the .rockbox directory) and restart Rockbox.

  #931  
Old 07-25-2007, 03:31 PM
calam calam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Default long press freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
Hi, I'm using your build for about 3 days and I have a problem with Quick Menu witch supposed to be accesable by pressing long select but every time I'm doing this my Sansa freez. Any suggestions?
i got that too when i tried it several days ago, then i read the flyspray for it, and i believe you need to set up a config file for it, which i have not bothered with yet. i hope that's the correct answer for you.

  #932  
Old 07-25-2007, 03:35 PM
calam calam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Default mpeg stall/freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
Got same results with Elephant Dream. Like I said in my previous post, I don't have the problem with the current build from Rockbox, nor am i now having a problem with Jack's build. Just yours unfortunately. Oh and nope don't have an SD card neither.
i dont think it has todo with the video encoding, because the vids i had issue with before it broke were played in previous version of this build just fine. i do have a kingston 2GB, and same error i mentioned previously (panic stkov main) occurs with or without card in place at this time.


and to Chris, i just want to say thanks you for all the hard work you do on this to give us sansa folks a better experience, even if work in progress sometimes means two steps forward and three steps back

Last edited by calam; 07-25-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: cause i'm dumb ;)

  #933  
Old 07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
I thought Charles said he would mention this in the first post of the thread, but try renaming sample.custom_menu.config to custom_menu.config (in the .rockbox directory) and restart Rockbox.
Yes, please rename "sample.custom_menu.config" to "custom_menu.config" and restart when using it for the first time. I needed to do that so that your "custom_menu.config" won't be over written every time you upgrade.

Charles

  #934  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calam View Post
and same error i mentioned previously (panic stkov main) occurs with or without card in place at this time.
I will be putting up a build in less than half an hour after doing some testing. There is a change in SVN that should get rid of all panics:

r13976 | jethead71 | 2007-07-25 02:15:07 -0400 (Wed, 25 Jul 2007) | 1 line

Some rewriting of the e200 ata driver. No more panicing. Faster card multiplexing. Some calculated yielding (further tuneable if needed). Hopefully more reliable in general. Easy revert if rebellious.


Charles

  #935  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:14 PM
calam calam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I will be putting up a build in less than half an hour after doing some testing. There is a change in SVN that should get rid of all panics:

r13976 | jethead71 | 2007-07-25 02:15:07 -0400 (Wed, 25 Jul 2007) | 1 line

Some rewriting of the e200 ata driver. No more panicing. Faster card multiplexing. Some calculated yielding (further tuneable if needed). Hopefully more reliable in general. Easy revert if rebellious.


Charles
once again man, you ARE tha shit!!! lol, i know you have a REAL life, but where DO you find the TIME!??!

  #936  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:27 PM
A.z's Avatar
A.z A.z is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,349
Default

cpchan. what about an update? 5 days i didnt see any update? whats going on my man?
__________________
You got that rainbow feel...
But the rainbow has a beard

My Last.fm

  #937  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:37 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calam View Post
once again man, you ARE tha shit!!! lol, i know you have a REAL life, but where DO you find the TIME!??!
It is called scripting and multitasking. Unless if I need to merge some patches or update them because of changes in SVN, everything runs in the background while I work on something else. The build is being delayed slightly because I need to track down a mplayerplayer problem.

Charles

  #938  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
cpchan's Avatar
cpchan cpchan is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.z View Post
cpchan. what about an update? 5 days i didnt see any update? whats going on my man?
I am just catching up with things (I have been away for a few days). A new build is ready, but I need to track down a mpegplayer problem.

Charles

  #939  
Old 07-25-2007, 05:20 PM
stuibb stuibb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 45
Default

Any chance of syncing with the current SVN (25/07/07), A nice feature for WPS builders and an intergral part of my WPS in progress, the %px tag has been added.

%px is a conditional enumerated WPS tag that returns the song percentage played, I'm sure its pretty self explanatory why this could be quite useful.

  #940  
Old 07-25-2007, 05:29 PM
chrisjs162216 chrisjs162216 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,515
Default

He's got a new build ready, but he's working on fixing a problem with mpegplayer

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.