android
Old 07-20-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godess View Post
There is something weird here.

When a list item doesn't fit the screen it begins to scroll horizontally. That's fine, well actually, it has been fine.

I just updated to your latest build, and the horizontal scrolling is bugged.

Let me visualise the problem:

xxxxxxx - the item above
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled so that one can read it

When scrolling takes place:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled scrolls, but it it scrolls 1 line above so that xxxxxxx is hidden
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled is still there, marked and not scrolled.

I hope you understood. The item scrolls 1 line above, overlapping the item above.

This happend to me with the normal rockbox theme, with Azure it was not 1 line, but 1/2.

I installed the build cleanly, I deleted the entire .rockbox folder (except backdrops, themes, fonts, icons and wps) and updated after that.
I noticed this too, and can pretty much certainly say it's a problem with the custom_list_position-20070622.patch. Basically, it defaults the text for menus to start at (0,0) coordinates, rather than the (0,10) or whatever it used to use before this patch. This is fine; it's easy enough to tell it to move the text down 10 pixels.

However, when it does this, the patch doesn't seem to notify the line-scrolling function of the firmware. As a result, the scrolling line appears along the position where it would have normally scrolled if the menu text were still positioned at (0,0). So basically I believe it's a problem with the patch not moving the line-scrolling along with the menu text. I would fix it if I knew how, but I'm clueless when it comes to programming .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM

I modified my earlier one. This is exactly what I wanted. I use a black gradient background with the Nimbus+Uming14 font. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by counsellor View Post
I created a wps that displays time of day, and swaps the artist, album and title tags, as well as having volume, battery and play mode icons. Why, do you ask, am I wasting your time with this information? Because this wps also displays album art at 162 x 162. It is available at the rockbox-themes.org website at http://www.rockbox-themes.org/data/1...x16/BigArt.zip.

Please let me know what you think.

Counsellor

Old 07-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Default sorry, my file didn't attach...

okay...here is the file I meant to send. Please check it out and let me know what you guys think.
Attached Files
File Type: txt RICOBLUE.wps.txt (171 Bytes, 9 views)

Old 07-20-2007, 02:36 PM

I seem to be having a problem with video playback on my Sansa I have tried the Thursday build & Friday but neither work I still have a backup of my Saturday one (from last week) and it works fine, I'm playing the same files every time. When I open the video the screen just stays black and the wheel stays blue and nothing happens. I then have to hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off.

Anyone else having this problem?

Old 07-20-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
Well, at least I'm not a Junior :P
We named the dog Indiana.

To keep things on topic sort of, Jack, do you have plans to incorporate the patches to get the Iphone theme working right?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM

found a small bug.....[i think its the multifont patch, but i dont know...]
I have everything set to nimbus-14 except the wps which is nimbus-12. When Im on the wps screen and i view the current playlist, then go back to the now playing screen, the wps font goes to nimbus-14.

A similar problem occurs when i hold the context menu button on the wps screen. When i go back to the wps from that screen there is a different font [dont know what it is].

The font does change back to normal once I go to the main menu and then back to the wps.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
We named the dog Indiana.

To keep things on topic sort of, Jack, do you have plans to incorporate the patches to get the Iphone theme working right?
lol, looks like you edited your post :P I just tested the iPhone WPS (and it's quite nice actually) and I believe I need to add four patches to my build for it to work. I'm getting ready to test all of the patches now, so I should have an update on if it'll work in a few minutes (this isn't exactly related to Charles's build you know :P)

Old 07-20-2007, 04:37 PM

I just downloaded one of your builds and for some reason I cannot play any MPEG videos...why is that?

Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM

I don't know if this is just my problem... but I can't see videos, I can only hear the audio from them.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

(Guess I'm taking over for Charles while he's away)

What are you using to convert the videos? I just converted one and it's playing fine.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviep View Post
A similar problem occurs when i hold the context menu button on the wps screen. When i go back to the wps from that screen there is a different font [dont know what it is].

The font does change back to normal once I go to the main menu and then back to the wps.

Yep, I've seen the exact same thing while "long-selecting" the context menu. It happens regardless of theme selection.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:02 PM

Talking Dc Bias

Hi Charles

I really want to upgrade my Rockbox to keep up with your constant
builds but I have a Problem with the D.c. Bias Patch causing my Sansa to skip portions of music, I currently have your build without the Dc Bias Patch and all Is well, how do I upgrade to your current build almost daily without having to Install this Troublesome Patch.

Keep up the excellent work

Whitestar

Old 07-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Question mpeg play broken?

mpeg play seems broken at the moment. i'm not sure if it is just this build or main, but last build i updated from this build about a week ago, it would go to play, and nothing, not necisarily a freeze, there was some light in display, but still some kind of freeze.
now, using yesterdays build, i get panic stkov error and hard lock. reset clears of course. i can check if main rockbox is affected, but what would be the point, without the needed resume feature in this build
files i am playing played before, so nothing changed there.
unlike previous poster, i get no audio either, it just freezes.

Last edited by calam; 07-23-2007 at 12:04 AM. Reason: cause i'm dumb ;P

Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

In which stack do you get the overflow error? It usually says *panic* stkov [stack] where stack is usually main or ata/sd (though can be others)

Old 07-23-2007, 12:14 AM

Default dead mpeg play

just replicated, got it in panic stkov main

Old 07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviep View Post
I have everything set to nimbus-14 except the wps which is nimbus-12. When Im on the wps screen and i view the current playlist, then go back to the now playing screen, the wps font goes to nimbus-14.

I just got back late last night- I will look at it later on today.

Charles

Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sovereign NCC-73811 View Post
I just downloaded one of your builds and for some reason I cannot play any MPEG videos...why is that?
Strange, I have no problems with playing mpeg videos. In fact I have watched several full length ones while I was away. Can you provide more information?

Charles

Old 07-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgo435 View Post
I don't know if this is just my problem... but I can't see videos, I can only hear the audio from them.
Which encoder and what parameters did you use to encode the vidoes. Like I said, I have no problems with mpeg playback.

Charles

Old 07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
(Guess I'm taking over for Charles while he's away)
Thanks for doing this, Jack.

Charles

Old 07-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar View Post
I really want to upgrade my Rockbox to keep up with your constant
builds but I have a Problem with the D.c. Bias Patch causing my Sansa to skip portions of music, I currently have your build without the Dc Bias Patch and all Is well, how do I upgrade to your current build almost daily without having to Install this Troublesome Patch.
I will be uploading a new build later on (still testing). can you try it out and see if you still have the problem? There has been a change to the libmad decoder in the past couple of days.

Quote:
Keep up the excellent work
Will do.

Charles

Closed Thread