android
Old 07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
A list of all the patches (for any build, not just Charles') is found on the first post in the thread.
Yes, this is correct. Please check the first post before requesting anything.

Quote:
What exactly would a custom keyboard be used for? In addition, that patch is one year and eight days old, and completely out of sync (all hunks fail)
I fail to see the usefulness of this patch also. As to a custom keyboard- I use one. It is the only way to change the font of the keyboard to your user defined font (for example, a larger font). Text entry is so much easier now.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roietrip View Post
Its already on Hebrew coding and Hebrew characters and my font support Hebrew.
OK, I will go through the code in the patch.

Charles

Old 07-18-2007, 03:06 PM

Default I made it

Here is the WPS file I made for the large album art:

%X|BG.bmp|0|0
%?C<%C|> %ac%cb %cd, %cY %cl:%cM

%Cl|2|5|172|172|

%wd

%it%s
Artist: %ia%s
%bt %arVolume: %pv
# FONT: nimbus uming 14
Attached Files
File Type: txt BEst large album art wps file.txt (166 Bytes, 5 views)

Old 07-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricocarlos View Post
Could you make a wps that displays Time of day, track name and Album Art (but max size on album art please...perhaps 175 x 175) ?
I created a wps that displays time of day, and swaps the artist, album and title tags, as well as having volume, battery and play mode icons. Why, do you ask, am I wasting your time with this information? Because this wps also displays album art at 162 x 162. It is available at the rockbox-themes.org website at http://www.rockbox-themes.org/data/1...x16/BigArt.zip.

Please let me know what you think.

Counsellor

Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Swweett

Dang, that is sweet as pie. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Strange, some one using the chrisjs162216 branch is also having the same error. Try installing the updated bootloader in my thread and report back.

Charles
This seems to be working so far, I haven't had a problem all day. I'll post if anything happens. Thanks!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default iPhone Theme Screen Dumps

I know people have been waiting to try out the iPhone theme, so I thought I will share these screen dumps that I made when I was testing it with my branches today:

iphone_main_menu.jpg Main Menu iphone_wps.jpgWPS

I was happy to go back to Cowon though.

Charles

Old 07-19-2007, 09:35 AM

Sorry is the answer to this is simple but I have just loaded your version ov Rockbox onto my Sansa, everything loaded up. I changed my old MUSIC folder to Musica and I could see all of it on the playlist > artist menu but none of it would play, I then created a new Musica folder, dragged and dropped 1 song into it, this then appeared in Music menu and played fine, I figure this is what I have to do?

Also, I had to download a theme from the Rockbox website, as there were only 5 different ones in your download and neither of them looked like your example picture, and even with the theme download the icons weren't the same as yours, any help would be awesome, cheers

Old 07-19-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:

I was happy to go back to Cowon though.
Cowon is a sweet theme. I dig it. Ultima has a great layout, too, with lots of info, but no AA, so I "breeded" them into my own Cowon/Ultima WPS. Probably a bit busy for most folks, but that's what's beautiful about Rockbox, right, being able to design exactly what you want, whether or not anyone else will like it.

Nontheless, I'm a sucker for trying out new themes (for about 30 seconds before reverting back to my own ), so thanks for working on the iPhone theme compatibility.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This affects both your build and mine, but since I was looking at your build when it happened, I'll post it here

If custom_menu.config isn't a file when Rockbox loads (meaning if you rename it from sample.custom_menu.config and do not restart) when attempting to go to the custom menu, Rockbox will freeze and display an Undefined instruction error after about a minute and go to the Sandisk logo. In this case, is it possible that the cause of the undefined instruction error for people turning on their Sansas is a missing file? (By the way, the undefined instruction was at 4000047C, as it is with other people)

Old 07-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliday View Post
Sorry is the answer to this is simple but I have just loaded your version ov Rockbox onto my Sansa, everything loaded up. I changed my old MUSIC folder to Musica and I could see all of it on the playlist > artist menu but none of it would play, I then created a new Musica folder, dragged and dropped 1 song into it, this then appeared in Music menu and played fine, I figure this is what I have to do?
Strange, I wonder what happened there.

Quote:
Also, I had to download a theme from the Rockbox website, as there were only 5 different ones in your download and neither of them looked like your example picture, and even with the theme download the icons weren't the same as yours, any help would be awesome, cheers
I don't really include themes in my builds- the one in my builds are the sample themes that are are included with Rockbox. You can choose and download the ones you like from here:

http://www.rockbox-themes.org/index.php?res=176x220x16

The theme on the first post is aZure V2. The iPhone one is part of the iPhone theme.

Icon themes are located here:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IconSets

Charles

Old 07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnohs View Post
Cowon is a sweet theme. I dig it.
Yes, I really like Cowon- it show quite a bit of information and AA. There is also an understatement about it that I like.

Quote:
but that's what's beautiful about Rockbox, right, being able to design exactly what you want, whether or not anyone else will like it.
True.

Quote:
Nontheless, I'm a sucker for trying out new themes (for about 30 seconds before reverting back to my own ),

Quote:
so thanks for working on the iPhone theme compatibility.
That was planned before the iPhone theme existed. It was a request, but at that time the mulitfont patch didn't play nicely with the MicroSD card patch.

Charles

Old 07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
If custom_menu.config isn't a file when Rockbox loads (meaning if you rename it from sample.custom_menu.config and do not restart) when attempting to go to the custom menu, Rockbox will freeze and display an Undefined instruction error after about a minute and go to the Sandisk logo.
Thanks for the info. I will put up some instructions (which I forgot to do) and a warning.

Quote:
In this case, is it possible that the cause of the undefined instruction error for people turning on their Sansas is a missing file? (By the way, the undefined instruction was at 4000047C, as it is with other people)
It looks like it.

Charles

Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So that's how you get your post count up so high - triple posting

Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
So that's how you get your post count up so high - triple posting
. In all seriousness, it is not really triple posting. I am just replying to each post separately to maintain the threading. Try looking at the forum through the threaded or hybrid view.

Charles

Old 07-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
. In all seriousness, it is not really triple posting. I am just replying to each post separately to maintain the threading. Try looking at the forum through the threaded or hybrid view.

Charles
Yeah, that makes sense. I never really bothered with threaded or hybrid view until just now

Old 07-19-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that makes sense. I never really bothered with threaded or hybrid view until just now
And you call yourself a moderator

Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, at least I'm not a Junior :P

Old 07-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Away till Monday

I just put up a new update. Just to let everyone know, I will be away until Monday night. There will be no updates till then.

Charles

Old 07-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Rockbox Developer

There is something weird here.

When a list item doesn't fit the screen it begins to scroll horizontally. That's fine, well actually, it has been fine.

I just updated to your latest build, and the horizontal scrolling is bugged.

Let me visualise the problem:

xxxxxxx - the item above
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled so that one can read it

When scrolling takes place:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled scrolls, but it it scrolls 1 line above so that xxxxxxx is hidden
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - the item to be scrolled is still there, marked and not scrolled.

I hope you understood. The item scrolls 1 line above, overlapping the item above.

This happend to me with the normal rockbox theme, with Azure it was not 1 line, but 1/2.

I installed the build cleanly, I deleted the entire .rockbox folder (except backdrops, themes, fonts, icons and wps) and updated after that.

Closed Thread