android
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Quick menu?

Do you have "Quick menu" in your build? If not could you add it?

Edit: Sorry for soooo stupid post! I just didn't notice it on the first post.

Last edited by MonoPete; 07-17-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I'm blind..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoPete View Post
Edit: Sorry for soooo stupid post! I just didn't notice it on the first post.
I forgot to update the posting. The "Quick Menu" can actually be accessed with a "long select" from the "Main Menu", WPS, and "Directory Browser". I still haven't figured out how to add it to the "Recording" screen and Radio yet.

Charles

Old 07-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Just downloaded your branch with the screen fix...excellent work! It's almost where I'd call it "perfect", but here are the couple of things that are still probably in the works already:

- Seeking (FF/ REW) in WMA formats (works with MP3s)
- Higher bitrates for MPEG II (I can get it up to 200 without any frame skipping at 23 - 25 FPS)
- In the photo viewer, I can't seem to get out of the viewer without turning off my Sansa...am I missing something?
- Why is the battery status say that it only has up to four hours on it?

Other than those four things, I actually am liking Rockbox!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sovereign NCC-73811 View Post
Just downloaded your branch with the screen fix...excellent work! It's almost where I'd call it "perfect", but here are the couple of things that are still probably in the works already:

- Higher bitrates for MPEG II (I can get it up to 200 without any frame skipping at 23 - 25 FPS)
- In the photo viewer, I can't seem to get out of the viewer without turning off my Sansa...am I missing something?

Other than those three things, I actually am liking Rockbox!
Hi,
at first I have to say that this build is very cool and rockbox at all totally rocks
But, I experienced that problem with the photo viewer, too.
Regarding the mpeg-video frame skipping, it looks like it is a difference between a 16:9 screen ratio and 4:3.
With 4:3 in fullscreen I see those frame drops while for a 16:9 video everything is playing smooth.

Maybe there will be a possibility to fast forward and rewind mpegs?
And the resume feature is not always working. Sometimes it says "Do you want to resume at 23%? Then press play". If I now press play it says "End of Video".

Another point might be the setting for the estimated battery runtime, I suppose that it might be good if one could set a time of 24h.
If I am right the maximum time is now something around 12h but the sansa runs much longer, estimated 24h even while playing an mp3 in the loop.
Maybe this can be combined with the bat.bench?

Old 07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sovereign NCC-73811 View Post
Just downloaded your branch with the screen fix...excellent work!
Thanks.

Quote:
It's almost where I'd call it "perfect", but here are the couple of things that are still probably in the works already:
Nothing is perfect. There is always room for improvement.

Quote:
Well, wma playback is still new. Give it time.

Quote:
Higher bitrates for MPEG II (I can get it up to 200 without any frame skipping at 23 - 25 FPS)
Only 16:9 (wide screen) videos can be played at full speed (24 fps) right now. For 4:3 videos, 18 fps is about the max. You should turn on "Skip Frame" and "Limit FPS" in mpegplayer. However, I just tend to encode my videos at 15 fps with a kbps of 320- it is perfectly watchable on such a small screen, plus it saves space.

Quote:
]In the photo viewer, I can't seem to get out of the viewer without turning off my Sansa...am I missing something?
The REC button brings up the menu in jpegviewer.

Quote:
- Why is the battery status say that it only has up to four hours on it?
It is wrong-- the battery runtime haven't been calibrated correctly yet. For now you can get about 12-13 hours play time from Rockbox.

Charles

Old 07-17-2007, 04:11 PM

Btw, is the sansa recharging the battery when connected via USB and Rockbox is started?
All I get is a screen with a USB-symbol but no status display wether it's recharging or not.
The USB driver itself is not working till now? Means I can not get a USB connection in Rockbox and therefore have to reboot to the OF which is not a problem at all and I just want to make sure.

___
got it.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsch View Post
Btw, is the sansa recharging the battery when connected via USB and Rockbox is started?
It all depends on whether you turn on "Settings-> "General Settings"-> "System"-> "Battery"-> "Charge During USB Connection" or not. However, Rockbox does not draw as much power as the OF at this point, so the OF charges faster.

Quote:
The USB driver itself is not working till now? Means I can not get a USB connection in Rockbox and therefore have to reboot to the OF which is not a problem at all and I just want to make sure.
Yes, you still need to go into the OF to transfer files at this point. Hopefully by the end of the summer, the USB subsystem will be working (it is a Google Summer of Code project).

Charles

Old 07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Yes, you still need to go into the OF to transfer files at this point. Hopefully by the end of the summer, the USB subsystem will be working (it is a Google Summer of Code project).

Charles
I haven't actually tested anything, but apparently it's progressing fairly well. While I can't get it to compile, apparently the code runs on the iPod Video. Note to other users: the code runs, but that doesn't mean it works. File transfers are not working on any of the iPods (or the Sansas) yet. The last update appears to be from July 13, and there seems to be a new update on it about every three or four days, so, depending on what the current problem is, it may be another day or so (meaning or more) before there's an update.

To other users:
Also, please note that I intentionally left out the link to where these updates are. I did this so the person working on it doesn't get flooded with questions about it. And quite really, you shouldn't be getting excited yet...

Old 07-17-2007, 05:22 PM

I just wanted to say, like many other people, that this build is great and rockbox is awesome.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have shifting screens when you go to a different screen, like in the OF. Also, have the main menu look like the OF, or close to it, and then add moving items on the MM list when you change from one to another...I don't know how to explain it. I think it's implemented in the Sansa e200 R versions. Anyway to make the main menu look nicer would be good. Like the PSP.

Thanks, Marco. Metal Slug!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

Nothing is perfect. There is always room for improvement.

Well, wma playback is still new. Give it time.

Only 16:9 (wide screen) videos can be played at full speed (24 fps) right now. For 4:3 videos, 18 fps is about the max. You should turn on "Skip Frame" and "Limit FPS" in mpegplayer. However, I just tend to encode my videos at 15 fps with a kbps of 320- it is perfectly watchable on such a small screen, plus it saves space.

The REC button brings up the menu in jpegviewer.

It is wrong-- the battery runtime haven't been calibrated correctly yet. For now you can get about 12-13 hours play time from Rockbox.

Charles
And thank you for the prompt information...I guess I should read the manual before asking questions...

Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Subtiltes Problem With The New Build

When add subtitles (.srt) I see them on the top of the screen and after 2 sec the sansa get stacked and I see weird colors on the screen. the only option is to shutdown by holding the power button.

Another question, any idea how to add Hebrew subtitles support? I see squares.

10x.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalslug16 View Post

I was wondering if it would be possible to have shifting screens when you go to a different screen, like in the OF. Also, have the main menu look like the OF, or close to it, and then add moving items on the MM list when you change from one to another...I don't know how to explain it. I think it's implemented in the Sansa e200 R versions. Anyway to make the main menu look nicer would be good. Like the PSP.

No it is not.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roietrip View Post
When add subtitles (.srt) I see them on the top of the screen and after 2 sec the sansa get stacked and I see weird colors on the screen. the only option is to shutdown by holding the power button.
I will do some testing.

Quote:
Another question, any idea how to add Hebrew subtitles support? I see squares.
Change your codepage to unicode and use a unicode font that contains hebrew characters.

Charles

Old 07-18-2007, 02:53 AM

can u Add Rockboy And
BMP Resize (5697) and Pong Upgrades (5855)

Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikw2 View Post
can u Add Rockboy And
BMP Resize (5697) and Pong Upgrades (5855)
Huh, they are all already in my builds.

Charles

Old 07-18-2007, 12:48 PM

I've been having an odd problem since I updated yesterday. I've been using your branch exclusively, normally with the DockpodAqua theme although this has happened with Plain Text and with no theme at all. I don't have any other patches or anything. I don't know what causes it but sometimes when I start my player it freezes on the main menu. It will stay frozen for about 30 seconds and then this error flashes on the screen for about a second:

Undefined instruction
at 4000047C

Then it shows the SanDisk loading graphic and freezes once the animation is done. The scroll wheel stays lit the entire time. The only way to shut it down is to hold the power button for 15 seconds. The OF loads fine. Shutting it down by holding power for 15 seconds while the main menu is frozen before the error happens seems to fix it for a while. The first time this happened I reloaded my previous version and everything worked fine. Then I deleted the .rockbox folder and did a vanilla install of the lastest version of your branch and it worked for a while. I do have v1.1 of the hardware - I was having the line of garbage at the top of the screen. I haven't updated to the bootloader with the line fix.

Other than this I haven't had a problem. Thanks for making this branch available!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozendoka View Post
Undefined instruction
at 4000047C
Strange, some one using the chrisjs162216 branch is also having the same error. Try installing the updated bootloader in my thread and report back.

Charles

Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 PM

CPCHAN-charles
do you have this in your build :http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5641

Old 07-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A list of all the patches (for any build, not just Charles') is found on the first post in the thread. What exactly would a custom keyboard be used for? In addition, that patch is one year and eight days old, and completely out of sync (all hunks fail)

Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I will do some testing.

Change your codepage to unicode and use a unicode font that contains hebrew characters.

Charles
Its already on Hebrew coding and Hebrew characters and my font support Hebrew.

Closed Thread