android
Old 07-14-2007, 03:45 PM

About the sncviewer. I can't get it working, I mean, the plugin initiates fine, but it doesn't show the lyrics nor the Album Art of the song, just those meters. I put the lyrics on media monkey, on the song propierties.

To acces the sncviewer menu I press SELECT for like 2 secs and it shows... but if I press select on any of the menu options it just goes back to the song player... to exit scnviewer y press PLAY for about 3 secs. Is this behaviour normal?

Thanks in advance.

PS: My album art is showing fine on the WPS
PS2: If I press REC while on the sncviewer it gets in some kind of standby mode. Normal?

Last edited by ManCas; 07-14-2007 at 04:48 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Thumbs up Dc-Bias patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Here is a link to a version without the Dc-Bias patch:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...&postcount=395

Please test. If this doesn't work, try a current build from the Rockbox site and see if the problem persists. Also, have you doing a chkdsk like I suggested? You can also try removing the ".rockbox" completely and do a fresh installation.

Since I seldom use MP3's, I encoded a whole bunch and did a test. I can't reproduce the problem.

No problem.

Charles

Hi Charles I did a scandisk of the sansa showed no problems have now installed this build without the Dc Bias And also installed your menu build
I like the new Start Screen. I will keep you posted as to an outcome.

Your hard work is very much appreciated

Whitestar

Old 07-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCas View Post
About the sncviewer. I can't get it working, I mean, the plugin initiates fine, but it doesn't show the lyrics nor the Album Art of the song, just those meters. I put the lyrics on media monkey, on the song propierties.
I don't know how Media Monkey embeds the lyric by default, but according to the docs of sncviewer:

id3v2.3 SYLT (SYnchronised Lyrics Tag:

Synchronized lyrics embedded in a mp3 id3v2.3 tag)

- use Minilyrics to embed the lyrics

- ANSI and Unicode encoding are supported

limitations:

- after modification the lyrics can only be saved into a lrc file

Please read the full documentation here:

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7432?getfile=14248

According to my research MM can integrate with minilyrics.

Quote:
To acces the sncviewer menu I press SELECT for like 2 secs and it shows... but if I press select on any of the menu options it just goes back to the song player...
Yes, a long press will bring up the menu. You are experiencing that because no lyrics have been loaded. A short press on the select will bring you into the lyrics editor.

Quote:
to exit scnviewer y press PLAY for about 3 secs. Is this behaviour normal?
Yes.

Quote:
PS: My album art is showing fine on the WPS
What size are you album art? Are you sure you haven't accidental turn off album art in sncviewer? Long press on select again to bring up the menu and choose album art.

Quote:
PS2: If I press REC while on the sncviewer it gets in some kind of standby mode. Normal?
The REC button is for marking the time stamps in the lyrics. Please read the documentation.

Charles

Old 07-14-2007, 06:46 PM

Awesome, I was using MiniLyrics, but had not seen you could wmbed lyrics... I 'm still working on the album art issue... I think the BMP's might be too large...

The size of my particular "test file" is 168k. I'll finish reading the documentation. Thanks a lot... and I mean a lot.

EDIT: Yup, file size. I resized to 72x72, 20Kb. And it worked!!... this is so nice... (I know I'm overreacting... lots of free time...heheh)

Last edited by ManCas; 07-14-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

cpchan - There's a divide by zero error that was just fixed a few minutes ago (now jhMikeS thinks I'm a divide-by-zero magnet :P) in the battery capacity listing (Settings -> Gen. Settings -> System -> Battery -> Battery Capacity) due to someone thinking the e200 had multiple battery capacities :P

Old 07-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
cpchan - There's a divide by zero error that was just fixed a few minutes ago
Thanks.

Quote:
(now jhMikeS thinks I'm a divide-by-zero magnet :P)
I concur. Damn, just finish a build about 20 minutes ago.

Charles

Old 07-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks.
No problem

Quote:
I concur. Damn, just finish a build about 20 minutes ago.
Hey, I only found the first bug :P RCM told me about the second one, and I relayed it to the Rockbox team....and found the file where the problem was the same time as them...but that still only means I found one bug :P Guess I need to go through all the settings and see if I can find another

On the bright side, now you get to compile a new build

Also, while waiting for my build to compile (I think it gets bad when I comment out a line in apps/plugins/SOURCES to get it to compile: "//sncviewer.c //ZOMG! I NEED A COMPILE" lol) I noticed that there's no access to the quick menu - the Button Config setting doesn't have an option for it Nevermind - the first post in here says it's long select, not long hold :P

Old 07-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The size of my particular "test file" is 168k. I'll finish reading the documentation.
I have just uploaded a new version. I think it might solve your large album art problem.

Quote:
Thanks a lot... and I mean a lot.
No problem.

Please look through the documentation again. I have added the keybindings for the e200 target (Sansa).

Charles

Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

"Screen Glitch Fix" Bootloaders

Updated: Sunday, October 7, 2007 at 11:36:07 UTC

Here are the bootloaders to fix the screen glitch updated with the real fix. Please download the appropriate one for your platform and follow the instructions in the README file.

Please read the included README file for instructions.

Charles
Attached Files
File Type: zip linux_boot.zip (68.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: zip windows_boot.zip (67.6 KB, 184 views)
File Type: zip mac_boot.zip (113.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by cpchan; 07-15-2007 at 08:39 AM.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmm...you lost me :P What was the screen glitch?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Hmm...you lost me :P What was the screen glitch?
That horrible line at the top of the screen of the 1.1 version of the hardware. I no longer have it with the patches applied. You still get it in the OF though, but who cares.

Charles

Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice. Was starting to wonder where that patch was from, as I didn't see it in the SVN log, but noticed it's in the tracker :P Since I don't have the 1.1 hardware I can't really test it, but what's the difference between the patch directly in the build versus in the bootloader?

Old 07-15-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Cpchan Branch "Screen Glitch Fixed" Rockbox

Here are the Rockbox versions for those having the screen glitch problem. The "Menu branch" have "menu" in the file names.

Please only use these if you have the screen glitch, i.e. the 1 pixel line at the top of the screen.

Charles
Every once in a while I almost forget how amazing the people working on this project are, and then fixes like this come along quicker than I could imagine.

Thank you again.

edit: did something change to make this new version load up considerably faster than previous builds? I wanted to see the new logo you put in, and it flashes past faster than I've ever seen it load.

Last edited by jacoby; 07-15-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I proceeded to ignore all warnings and tried it on my Sansa, even though it doesn't have the problem, and didn't notice a difference.
It seems that
#define LCD_FBHEIGHT (LCD_HEIGHT+2)
would change the LCD height, wouldn't it? Yet I didn't notice a difference...

Old 07-15-2007, 10:56 AM

ohh my god, this is AWESOMEE!!! thanks a lot man... I'm trying it right now.... rebooting... (mistrious music plays in the background)....andd...... it works perfect!!!!.... I can't believe how different it looks now.... that line made rockbox appear way too BETA...

Thanks a lot cpchan... (I'm so happy.. hehe... seriously)...

PS: About the sncviewer, I think that the BMP image still has to be 100k or less. Also, I think that the ideal size (in order to show lyrics and album art at the same time) is 72x72 px... or max 80x80 px...... if it's 100x100 px it doesn´t show the lyrics. It would be great if the BMPs were auto resized.

Last edited by ManCas; 07-15-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:29 PM

if the glitched screens need a separate build will it be kept up to date with your normal build?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayland View Post
if the glitched screens need a separate build will it be kept up to date with your normal build?
It looks like the patch does not have any bad effects on devices without the glitch. I will consolidate them.

Charles

Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
but what's the difference between the patch directly in the build versus in the bootloader?
The patch for the bootloader is for anything before the firmware loads, such as the splash screen.

Charles

Old 07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

[QUOTE=jacoby;145644]Thank you again.{/QUOTE]

No problem.

Quote:
did something change to make this new version load up considerably faster than previous builds?
I think the SVN version is slight faster, also the bootloaders that I compiled form SVN seem to have sped things up.

Quote:
I wanted to see the new logo you put in, and it flashes past faster than I've ever seen it load.
I can make you a special version with a 5 min. boot time so you can stare at it .

Anyway here it is: cpchan3.jpg

Charles

Old 07-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot cpchan... (I'm so happy.. hehe... seriously)...
No problem.

Quote:
Also, I think that the ideal size (in order to show lyrics and album art at the same time) is 72x72 px... or max 80x80 px...... if it's 100x100 px it doesn´t show the lyrics. It would be great if the BMPs were auto resized.
I will constrain the images to 72x72 in the next version with the bmp resizer.

Charles

Last edited by cpchan; 07-15-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Closed Thread