android
Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 PM

Help!!
I changed the theme to rockboxed, then I got dark screen. Can't see anything at all. Anyway to fix the problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Works perfectly. Thanks =D
Sorry, just noticed a bug. I wanted the time in 12hr format but set it to 24hr. Please replace your wps file with the attached.

Charles
Attached Files
File Type: zip wps.zip (786 Bytes, 12 views)

Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
Help!!
I changed the theme to rockboxed, then I got dark screen. Can't see anything at all. Anyway to fix the problem?
(1) Boot in to the original firmware

(2) Go to the root folder of your player.

(3) Open the file "config.cfg" in ",rockbox" in an editor.

(4) Search for wps and change the theme to the one your want.

Charles

Old 04-18-2007, 09:03 PM

OK, Didn't see the post above...sorry. I'll try to edit the cfg file. Thanks

Old 04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
OK, Didn't see the post above...sorry. I'll try to edit the cfg file. Thanks
I just posted instructions.

Charles

Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM

omg. I noticed that it was 24hr! I just didn't want to bother you with it, because I thought you wanted it that way.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Rockbox Developer

Do NOT report bugs you experience while using this build. It's unofficial, and the patches in it could very well be the cause. This in regard to the 'burst into static thing'.

Our rules are very strict: If you're reporting a bug, be using an official build of Rockbox and an official bootloader, and be able to reproduce the bug.

If you're using an unofficial bootloader or build, it could be any of the modifications that are causing the bug. Even if it seems unlikely, there have been some very strange side effects to some patches.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
omg. I noticed that it was 24hr! I just didn't want to bother you with it, because I thought you wanted it that way.
No, I wanted it in 12hr format, but like I said it is a work in progress. I just started reading up on wps today.

Charles

Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 PM

I personally am all for the Doom controls patch.

And is it just me, or has anyone noticed the bass has gotten a lot heavier since
the 12th's compile?

Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 PM

OK, editing the cfg file fixed the problem. Thank you Charles.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
Do NOT report bugs you experience while using this build. It's unofficial, and the patches in it could very well be the cause. This in regard to the 'burst into static thing'.
I haven't encountered this problem. Don't worry though, if I encounter this problem and hear about it from other people, I will test it out with the pristine source before reporting.

Charles

Old 04-18-2007, 09:42 PM

What is the .cfgAA or .cfg01....cfg02 file?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
What is the .cfgAA or .cfg01....cfg02 file?
Don't know, I don't have them- just look in the files and see. However, judging by the 01...02 parts, it looks like some type of backup scheme.

Charles

Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Rockbox Developer

This compile is not working for me. It is booting normally, but when I see the menu, it is totally weird. The menu entries are totally wrong here, like "Now playing" is the settings menu, or "Settings" is file browser. Totally weird. Actually I can't browse my Music, the point is missing (but a radio menu came, with the name "Start screen", my european Sansa doesn't even have a radio), I just can use the search function, which shows only the filenames, no tags. This is the only way I can get to my music. The worst thing is, that Rockbox is immediately crashing when I try to play a music file ("Data abort") and shows pink squares on the screen. Your last compile did work well, but this one does sadly not work =(

Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godess View Post
It is booting normally, but when I see the menu, it is totally weird. The menu entries are totally wrong here, like "Now playing" is the settings menu, or "Settings" is file browser. Totally weird. Actually I can't browse my Music, the point is missing (but a radio menu came, with the name "Start screen", my european Sansa doesn't even have a radio),
Strange, everything is working fine here. I presume that your menu is totally different from the attached file. Also, it is weird that you should have a radio menu since that functionality does not exist for Sansa Rockbox yet. You can try:

(1) Changing to the default theme

(2) the Current build

and report back. This should rule out a couple of things.

Charles
Attached Images
File Type: png screen.png (26.4 KB, 42 views)

Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 AM

I've had the same screwed up menu thing as godess and the audio playback was all static/noise. Just letting you know...

Old 04-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalimator View Post
I've had the same screwed up menu thing as godess and the audio playback was all static/noise. Just letting you know...
OK, especially for those having problems, I have just uploaded a new version based on the latest SVN- please try it. Again this version works well on my e280. If problems persist, here are some things to try:
  • Soft reset the player by holding the power button for 15-20 seconds.
  • Change to one of the included wps. This is a long shot, but there have been a few changes to the wps code lately.
  • Try an Official Current build to see if you have the same problems. This will help me debug.

Thanks.

Charles

Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
OK, especially for those having problems, I have just uploaded a new version based on the latest SVN- please try it. Again this version works well on my e280. If problems persist, here are some things to try:
  • Soft reset the player by holding the power button for 15-20 seconds.
  • Change to one of the included wps. This is a long shot, but there have been a few changes to the wps code lately.
  • Try an Official Current build to see if you have the same problems. This will help me debug.

Thanks.

Charles
Thanks a ton, that worked.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Rockbox Developer

Ok, I totally uninstalled Rockbox, and the reinstalled original firmware (purpose: wanted a themed firmware), and reinstalled Rockbox. This time with sansapatcher, and not with the installier which is around here (this where you can choose which firmware to boot from by default, I will miss that feature extremely).
Anyway, it is working now. I just installed some new themes, and watched a mpg movie (so great that it is working, no moster filesizes with bad sound quaility anymore). I also tested the GB emulator (I don't know if it is allowed to talk about the emu here :O ).
As I did so, some "not-so-good-things" came in my mind:
- The volume of the mpg-video-sound is extremely low, I hardly heard something.
- The emu does not use a fixed framerate, that is why the game speed tends to vary very much. This is not bad for the game, but for the sound, which gets slower and faster and slower etc all the time. That is why the sound is nearly unusable, it sounds just weird!
- It would be nice to be able to play mp3's while playing gb-games. Since the Sansa is able to render gb-games at 60fps, there should be enough performance to play rockboy with 30fps while listening to mp3.
- The overall volume is still pretty low, but the audio glitches are gone and the player is reacting very much faster on commands.
- It is acutally still no fun to listen to music with massive bass.

Anyway, when this problems are fixed, Rockbox will for sure replace the original firmware for me, all the features are really great, I'm just loving Rockbox.
PS: Thanks for you great builds cpchan, what would I do without you!?

Old 04-19-2007, 03:45 PM

Updated to the latest build that you uploaded today.

Just got the static problem again.

PS: Video playback is near perfect now. Barely any frame skips/lag now

Closed Thread