android
Old 06-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratonator View Post
That's exactly what I meant. I still have the menu entry in the main menu.
Oops, I forgot. I only took it out in my "Menu" build (which I use personally). The OP must be using my "Menu" build.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 AM

No problem, leave it there in the "Normal" build.
What can you say about the battery level error? It appeared only in the latest build.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 06-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
No problem, leave it there in the "Normal" build.
That was my decision a long time ago- i didn't want to change the menu too much for the "normal" base build. IMHO, I still think it is redundant, but it is good for newbie.

Quote:
What can you say about the battery level error? It appeared only in the latest build.
I don't have anything to say, since I never encountered it. however, your observation about going into the OF might be correct- I was booting into the OF a lot during this release while changing the code in the "Record Enhancement Pack" to get it working on the e200 target.

Charles

Last edited by cpchan; 06-23-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:27 AM

Default small problem with sorting

Hi,

Just tried rockbox and your build last night, cpchan. What little I tested seemed to work with the slight problem of the files being out of order. I should say that this is my first try at rockbox. I have looked thru the manual, but haven't come up with what I'm doing wrong.

To elaborate, I mostly use the Sansa for audiobooks ripped from CDs. I use Musicmatch to set the tags with the artist-album-track#-track title. this has worked well using the OF, with the different files showing up in the correct order when viewed by artist-album-track#.

With rockbox, 2 things are wrong. The tracks are out of order slightly and a couple of the albums are missing. for instance, I have the following directory structure, all under the music dir.

Books
Artist (name here)
Album (name here)
file 1
file 2
Album
...etc

Actually, now that i think about it, only one album showed up in each artist directory. That should mean something, I guess.

By tracks being out of order, I mean like this.

track 001
track 002
track 003
track 009
track 010
track 100 (out of place)
track 011
track 012
etc...

don't know if that is enough info to make a suggestion, but I'm at work at the moment, and can't remember much else. (my normal state )

thanks for any help,
Don

Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 AM

You don't have to play your files through the Database, you can also play them through the File Browser. That means that if you have your Audiobooks organized in folders you can select them as easy as in the Database.

Concerning the tag problem it's possible that Musicmatch doesn't write the tags correctly. I suggest to install Tag&Rename, a really user friendly tag editing program. You will edit your files very easily.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrust View Post
The tracks are out of order slightly
I presume you mean the file browser and not the database. Check you settings in "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "File View".

Quote:
a couple of the albums are missing.
What file formats are they in? What happens if you enable "All" in "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "File View"-> "Show Files"?

Charles

Old 06-23-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I presume you mean the file browser and not the database. Check you settings in "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "File View".

What file formats are they in? What happens if you enable "All" in "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "File View"-> "Show Files"?

Charles
As I recall, I was using the database, not the file browser, but I'm not completely sure. I'll check again when I get back home.

The file format is MP3. I'll check the "All" you mention also.

Thanks for the feedback.

Don

Old 06-23-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
You don't have to play your files through the Database, you can also play them through the File Browser. That means that if you have your Audiobooks organized in folders you can select them as easy as in the Database.

Concerning the tag problem it's possible that Musicmatch doesn't write the tags correctly. I suggest to install Tag&Rename, a really user friendly tag editing program. You will edit your files very easily.
I'll check with the file browser when I get back home later today.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to give the Tag&Rename program a looksee.

Don

Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
As I recall, I was using the database, not the file browser, but I'm not completely sure. I'll check again when I get back home.

The file format is MP3.
If it is the database and if they are all mp3's then, like kratonator said, it is a tags problem.

Charles

Old 06-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
If it is the database and if they are all mp3's then, like kratonator said, it is a tags problem.

Charles
Ye, it can be a tag problem. AFAIK there are two tags: Artist and Band(aka Album Artist). While the OF handles only Artist(only artist in the database), Rockbox recognizes both(artist and album artist in the database).

Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Though I suppose not a major bug, I just thought I'd mention that I dislike the Record button having an action mapped to it... Before, I would be able to use it to bring up the backlight without any other action occuring. Was nice. Now it just takes me to the File Browsing menu... Which seems somewhat useless to me.

Anyway, I just liked being able to activate the backlight without tinkering with any of the actual controls. (Yeah, I know the hold button also works to turn on the backlight, but it's more difficult to get to in my toughskin case)

Old 06-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Slicer View Post
Though I suppose not a major bug, I just thought I'd mention that I dislike the Record button having an action mapped to it... Before, I would be able to use it to bring up the backlight without any other action occuring. Was nice. Now it just takes me to the File Browsing menu... Which seems somewhat useless to me.
Turn on "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "Display"-> "LCD Settings"-> "First Keypress Enables Backlight".

Charles

Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I'll check with the file browser when I get back home later today.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to give the Tag&Rename program a looksee.

Don
OK, some of the files/albums weren't showing up because I had them in WMA format. My mistake. I thought they were all MP3's. So, that takes care of that.

Haven't had a chance to tryout Tag&Rename, but I have a feeling the out of order thingy relates to the tags also. Browsing in File browse instead of database works fine, though, so I'll not worry about that for the files I have on now.

Now, on to loading a theme. This is pretty cool stuff. Reminds me of years ago (many years ago) when I was fooling around with 'synthetic programming' on the old and venerable HP41C programmable calculators. What a hoot that was.

Thanks for all the help, peoples. Hope to return the favor someday.

Don

Old 06-23-2007, 03:06 PM

There are a lot of themes around. Visit Rockbox Themes.org. Check out my both modified themes:
KratoGlass and KratoSky2.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:51 PM

About the battery issue:

Since rebooting to the OF didn't help I removed my .rockbox folder and installed your build again. The battery level was working but one reboot later it's broken again.

Could this be caused by some patch that was recently added?

EDIT: Just noticed that it's somehow working again. Seems like a random issue.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
EDIT: Just noticed that it's somehow working again. Seems like a random issue.
This is still strange because I have never encountered this issue.

Charles

Old 06-24-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Seems like a random issue.
lol I just noticed that this is even funnier. When I turn the device on, Rockbox will show a battery level of 0%. However it then starts to gradually increase until it's showing the correct level.

I let the estimated running time display on my WPS and it's kind of funny to watch it slowly increase.

Did you include some battery or power-related patch or something?

Old 06-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
Did you include some battery or power-related patch or something?
Not really. The only battery related patch in my build is to make the "battery bench" plugin work for the Sansa, but it shouldn't affect the display.

Charles

Old 06-24-2007, 05:32 AM

The problem with the battery level appeared after you added "the configurable REC button actions in the file browser and wps". Maybe something is wrong with that.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The problem with the battery level appeared after you added "the configurable REC button actions in the file browser and wps". Maybe something is wrong with that.
Hum, that doesn't touches the battery meter code so I don't think is the source of the problem. Also, this does not explain why only some people are seeing it. Anyway this is kind of moot now judging from Vortex last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex
lol I just noticed that this is even funnier. When I turn the device on, Rockbox will show a battery level of 0%. However it then starts to gradually increase until it's showing the correct level.
I wonder if there is something in the themes that you guys are using that I don't have.

Also, the database initializing problem that some people are having is strange, since I can't reproduce it no matter how hard I try.

Charles

Closed Thread