android
Old 06-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
Does your build support voice recording?
No, the Sansa port does not support voice recording yet.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
My battery lasts about 12-14 hours but I think when I was using the OF it lasted about 16 hours. I was wondering if it helped conserve more battery power, it doesn't hurt to have a couple more hours between charges.
Be patient, once "frequency scaling" is working well for the Sansa port, it will conserve more energy.

Charles

Old 06-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
a) the videos play fine with the official build
b) I have tried several different files and the problem occurs with all of those
c) I haven't observed any symptoms of a corrupt filesystem so far (like not being able to read or delete files or things like that)
Strange. have anyone else experienced problems like this. We need to find a common denominator.

Charles

Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 AM

I've also noticed that starting up takes longer now. I haven't also got the jpeg viewer working. What resolution should the photos be?

Old 06-04-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Are you using different WPSes when you switch builds? (Or more specifically, is the official build cancelling the WPS load because the WPS you're using has unsupported tags like album art?)
Nope, I'm using the "Ultima" theme from the Rockbox wiki that works with the official build as well as this build and contains no album art.

Quote:
Be patient, once "frequency scaling" is working well for the Sansa port, it will conserve more energy.
I also have a question concerning that: I have read that the Sansa's CPU has two cores, however Rockbox currently can use one core only (that's why it's currently too slow to smoothly browse through your collection while music is playing; unlike the OF). Is this true and could this be fixed without any fundamental changes to the Rockbox kernel?

Quote:
I haven't also got the jpeg viewer working. What resolution should the photos be?
It doesn't really matter for the jpeg viewer since it can resize images. I don't know if there is a maximum size limit, but if the picture is too large to fit in your player's memory I'm sure the jpeg viewer would display some kind of error message.

It would be nice if you could describe the problem a bit more specifically than "the jpeg viewer doesn't work".

Old 06-04-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
It would be nice if you could describe the problem a bit more specifically than "the jpeg viewer doesn't work".
Always when I try to open a .jpg file I get "Pluging returned error" message. I'll try different sizes and reinstalling again. Hopefully works now.
Edit: Got working now. Reinstalling everything helped now.

Last edited by MonoPete; 06-04-2007 at 09:01 AM.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Please test this version, which is without the multifont patch.

Charles
First of all sorry for the late answer, but I had no internet access during the weekend.

And yes .. The version without the multifont patch works and I can play videos from my microSD without any problems.

xandl12

Old 06-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandl12 View Post
And yes .. The version without the multifont patch works and I can play videos from my microSD without any problems.
OK. I will take out the multifont oatch for now.

Charles

Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
No, the Sansa port does not support voice recording yet.
It does now. Support for recording from the built-in Microphone was added to SVN, and it works!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
It does now. Support for recording from the built-in Microphone was added to SVN, and it works!
So the RECORD button can't be used freely for other things no more??

Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 AM

Is there not a "Play All" option with Rockbox, or am I overlooking that function??

Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 PM

heared about possibility to rec only mic input with a rockboxed sansa since a few days ago...

anyone here already compiled on his self?

i got my information from the rockbox frontpage ...in the actual progress section on bottom of the page ...

sory for my english if it is bad ...i do not even know how good i am in using your beautyful language ...but i hope it will be enough for you to understand me

Old 06-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Glad to read about the recording support. There will be a new version tomorrow when I get back home.

Charles

Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
By any chance are you tryig to plsy in landscape mode?
Yes I am and I understand that the default bindings are for portrait mode, but shouldn't I be able to customize them anyway?

Old 06-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
Yes I am and I understand that the default bindings are for portrait mode, but shouldn't I be able to customize them anyway?
Yes. what happens when you customize it?

Charles

Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 PM

BTW - the database refresh not only doesn't automatically refresh - it seems to have issues with refresh altogether - unless I'm doing something wrong.

I update 2 audio files every morning. I manually do both the initialize and update and then restart. The first time it boots, it ONLY sees the new audio. When I reboot again, sometimes I only see one of the two audio files... I try it again, it's usually ok...

Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Any idea when USB syncing will work?

Thanks

Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 PM

@dzr

Yeah, I used to get that problem too. It's really just a lot of trial and error, and a lot of rebooting :P

Right now, my current problem with that, is that it shows one song twice in the database. Been rebooting a couple of times, and manually initializing and updating the database, but the duplicate entry is still there. Not a big problem tho

Old 06-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Well... other than I pick up my Sansa from the PC and then head straight to the car to head to work... I'd rather not spend 10 minutes getting the two files that I need! The person who deals with the DB stuff is waiting to get his Sansa back... so it'll be a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
@dzr

Yeah, I used to get that problem too. It's really just a lot of trial and error, and a lot of rebooting :P

Right now, my current problem with that, is that it shows one song twice in the database. Been rebooting a couple of times, and manually initializing and updating the database, but the duplicate entry is still there. Not a big problem tho

Old 06-05-2007, 08:20 PM

i hit initialize, then update, then i go back into the main menu and select database. then when its done, it tells me to reboot. i reboot, it does its thing, and everything is fine.

Closed Thread