android
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 AM

I actually havent tried the fixed controls yet, so something may have been broken

But I have a strong feeling you're in the wrong mode. Landscape vs Portrait

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Have you tried running a chkdsk/scandisk?
Running fsck.vfat gives me the following:
Code:
# fsck.vfat -vVr /dev/sdb1
dosfsck 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN
Checking we can access the last sector of the filesystem
There are differences between boot sector and its backup.
Differences: (offset:original/backup)
  71:53/4e, 72:61/4f, 73:6e/20, 74:73/4e, 75:61/41, 76:20/4d, 77:65/45
  , 78:32/20, 79:38/20, 80:30/20
1) Copy original to backup
2) Copy backup to original
3) No action
? 3
Boot sector contents:
System ID "MSDOS5.0"
Media byte 0xf8 (hard disk)
       512 bytes per logical sector
      4096 bytes per cluster
        36 reserved sectors
First FAT starts at byte 18432 (sector 36)
         2 FATs, 32 bit entries
   7818240 bytes per FAT (= 15270 sectors)
Root directory start at cluster 2 (arbitrary size)
Data area starts at byte 15654912 (sector 30576)
   1954503 data clusters (8005644288 bytes)
63 sectors/track, 255 heads
       600 hidden sectors
  15666600 sectors total
Starting check/repair pass.
Checking for unused clusters.
Checking free cluster summary.
Starting verification pass.
Checking for unused clusters.
/dev/sdb1: 4470 files, 1142092/1954503 clusters
It doesn't look like there is a problem with the filesystem. This would be very unlikely anyways, since
a) the videos play fine with the official build
b) I have tried several different files and the problem occurs with all of those
c) I haven't observed any symptoms of a corrupt filesystem so far (like not being able to read or delete files or things like that)

Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 AM

can you add this one
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7252

tnx

Old 06-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
I actually havent tried the fixed controls yet, so something may have been broken

But I have a strong feeling you're in the wrong mode. Landscape vs Portrait
Shouldn't I be able to customize the controls regardless? I mean, it used to work just fine....

Old 06-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I don't understand your question. What do you mean by uploaded videos and pics?

Charles
What i meant was the videos and pic that were are there before you make the update or change to rockbox. From other branches of rockbox, you have to delete them, and add them again. I don't have alot of time to do that because it usually takes along time to add back the vids. I just saying will it detect videos and pic that are on your sansa, not just the music. Oh yea, does it detect asian music that is on your sansa, rockbox doesn't seem to do it. Thanks.

Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 PM

Would that have anything to do with power issues? That is, for example, that it 'died' after using my Sansa for 15 minutes, when it said that I had 39% power left, before the 15 minutes?

After those 15 minutes, even on bootup, it told me there wasn't enough power to start... I have no idea if the calibration has anything to do with that...

Right now, with white letters on black background, standard theme, with 50% lighting, it goes down 1% every 14 seconds when browsing the menus (not using a plugin or anything.) That was after waiting a while, for the meter to 'settle down'. When playing mp3, it goes down 1% about every 15 minutes.

Quote:
OK, just tested it out with a current build and it is showing the same thing. However, I found a patch to make it more accurate. It will be in the next build.

Charles

Old 06-02-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
OK, just tested it out with a current build and it is showing the same thing. However, I found a patch to make it more accurate. It will be in the next build.

Charles
Does the patch help with conserving power or just correct the battery meter?

Old 06-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
Does the patch help with conserving power or just correct the battery meter?
It suppose to correct the battery meter. However, I tried it and it didn't do much. I don't know what is wrong with the power issues you people are having- I used mine for more than 7 hour today (music) on a long flight and the battery is about half full.

Charles

Old 06-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
a) the videos play fine with the official build
b) I have tried several different files and the problem occurs with all of those
c) I haven't observed any symptoms of a corrupt filesystem so far (like not being able to read or delete files or things like that)
Strange. Iwill send you my config to try out later on once I get ssh setup on this machine (I am away from home right now).

Charles

Old 06-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
Am I the only one having Doom control problems with the latest build?
The controls are nothing like what's described on the first page of this thread, and changing them in options doesn't work.....???
Try deleting your default.cfg.

Charles

Old 06-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast View Post
I will look into it.

Charles

Old 06-03-2007, 12:33 AM

this is something funny: I'm still converting my album art to .bmp, and have the kratoglass theme. But I was scrolling through my music, and selected a song to play of an album that I hadn't yet given any .bmp album art for, or so I thought (My Sharona by The Knack). The album already had a .jpg album art installed for the native Sandisk firmware.

Anyhow, I actually double-selected the track real rapidly (for some reason my thumb jerked), and the album art appeared, with black background around it. The song does not play, though. And I can't get out of it. If I click real fast, I can see white text in the upper left corner, like it's the property info for the album art.

I also was able to get the art to zoom full-screen: it's even a little too wide for the screen, and I can scroll the art from left to right. But no music is playing, and the backlight has yet to go out (it's been lit for the whole duration I've typed this.

Anybody else experience this? I've yet figured out how to get out of this, or get the sansa turned off......

update edit: just was able to turn it off, by the normal method of holding the power/menu button. But I could swear I tried this twice before, with no results. Weird.........

OK, I guess what's happening is when I browse Music, then select The Knack, I'm showed a listing of album art first (in this case, The Knack.jpg), then the .alb file, then the album tracks. When I double-clicked fast, I selected the artist, then the top item in the sub-directory, which was the .jpg album art. So .jpg's can be viewed in Rockbox, and with the album art patch (if this was fixed recently, I missed it), but the Sansa get's locked once you select the album art.....

Last edited by Lacene; 06-03-2007 at 12:40 AM.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I might not be very responsive until Wed. evening since I am out of town at a family reunion.

Charles

Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
It suppose to correct the battery meter. However, I tried it and it didn't do much. I don't know what is wrong with the power issues you people are having- I used mine for more than 7 hour today (music) on a long flight and the battery is about half full.

Charles
My battery lasts about 12-14 hours but I think when I was using the OF it lasted about 16 hours. I was wondering if it helped conserve more battery power, it doesn't hurt to have a couple more hours between charges.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
So .jpg's can be viewed in Rockbox, and with the album art patch (if this was fixed recently, I missed it), but the Sansa get's locked once you select the album art.....
jpg files can always be viewed with Rockbox, the album art patch is not required. To exit the jpg viewer, press the "Rec" button and then select "Quit" from the menu. It took me a while to figure that out too, but the jpg viewer does not lock up your Sansa.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 AM

cpchan, I have tried your test build now, and it seems to fix the problems I had with video playback.
So far, after some testing, I haven't had any Prefetch Aborts or stkovs yet.

I noticed however, after switching back and forth between your build the official build, that your build takes _significantly_ longer to boot (about double the amount of time). The official build takes about 3 seconds to load on my Sansa (that is counting from when you see the Rockbox logo until you are presented the main menu). Your build takes at least 8 seconds. It's still bearable but if this is caused by some particular patch it would be great if someone could figure out what causes this.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Rockbox Developer

Are you using different WPSes when you switch builds? (Or more specifically, is the official build cancelling the WPS load because the WPS you're using has unsupported tags like album art?)

Basically, a large part of the boot time is dependent upon how complex your WPS is. If you use an album art WPS, the official build will get to an unrecognized tag, not load the WPS, and probably boot more quickly.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Try deleting your default.cfg.

Charles
I did - it didn't help.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Does your build support voice recording?

Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
I did - it didn't help.
Strange, you are first one to report that it is not working (i have had reports of people liking the bindings). By any chance are you tryig to plsy in landscape mode? What happens when you try to press the buttons or use the scrollwheel?

Charles

Closed Thread