android
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno Wald View Post
What do you think will be the main differences between original rockbox and cpchan rockbox? The keymap has changed. I do not think that they became better in o-rockbox, but I can handle it. Maybe I will try out your version again if it will really be released.
Other than the keymap differences, here are same usability changes/additions (off the top of my head):

Both Branches
  1. Different menu structure, plus addition items (videos, photos, ebooks, etc).
  2. Select button brings you to a shortcuts directory (folder) where you can organize your shortcuts files. The default shortcuts file is now called "Favourites".
  3. Configuration REC button functions in different scenes.
  4. More recording options.

Menu Branch
  1. Changed the Playlists Catalog to bring you to a Playlists directory instead of a flat structure like in pristine Rockbox. You can organize your playlists into subdirectories.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-17-2008, 08:00 AM

charles, the amy winehouse of custom rockbox builds! a lot of people like her, the question is if she shows up

the only problem for you would be charles, you don't get paid what she does

good to see you back.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:12 PM

i bet he won't update it..

Old 08-21-2008, 01:02 PM

No i think he will just gotta give him some time, the original builds have changed quite a bit since the last update from this branch so hes probably got alot of updating to do

Old 08-22-2008, 02:41 AM

cpchan, can you please add the game "case game" which is in kugels build to your build? The game is a copy of the popular reality game show "Deal or no deal" and is amazingly fun on the road. If it is possible could you add the game? Oh and also kugel has improved the calculator by making it bigger and making it look better too, I was wondering if you could do the same. The reason i am not just downloading kugel's build because there is a certain theme that I use that only works in your build.

Please and thank you

:Narutog4mer

Old 08-31-2008, 12:34 PM

Glad you're back Charles. So, I'll wait with baited breath and hope that your new build comes along soon.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:26 PM

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion19139 View Post
....I'll wait with baited breath.....
Does that mean your breath smells like fish?

Or, do you mean "bated" breath?

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

I'm looking forward to an update as well.

dRdoS7.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRdoS7 View Post
Hi,

Does that mean your breath smells like fish?

Or, do you mean "bated" breath?

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

I'm looking forward to an update as well.

dRdoS7.
Good one

PS. Now I know another english word ...

Old 09-11-2008, 05:41 PM

Can you please release a newer version? that's so old!
I tried to update your version with the new official rockbox and everyting was messed up. so I recovered it.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:37 PM

What about this build version 3? Cpchan, are you planning on incorporating that in the future?

Old 09-20-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricocarlos View Post
What about this build version 3? Cpchan, are you planning on incorporating that in the future?
It's been 5 weeks since he said he was releasing a new build "in a week". That after we waited months after the last time he said he was releasing a build that weekend. I'd be surprised if we see anything new, but I've got my fingers crossed. I wish he'd just be straight with everyone and follow through with what he says. I believe he's said several times he was releasing a build "next week", "this week", "within a week" and we never see anything. It's not a huge deal to me if he just said he was done with the project, as I'm still using his last build, but it would be really cool to have it updated and some bugs fixed.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 AM

He won't ever update it!! Face it!!
See ya charles in never <- land!

Old 09-21-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
He won't ever update it!! Face it!!
See ya charles in never <- land!
Repeat after me: "These builds improve my player. These builds are free. It takes time to create & update a build. Unless I release my own build, I will not bitch."
Sheesh.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Rockbox Developer

I think just because it's free, it doesn't take people's right away to post their opinions about the "product" or the "producer". If some people people have problems with cpchan's promises to release a new build, I can understand this people, since they wait for a new build since about march. And again, just because it's free, that doesn't mean they have to agree with everything the creator does and does not.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
I think just because it's free, it doesn't take people's right away to post their opinions about the "product" or the "producer". If some people people have problems with cpchan's promises to release a new build, I can understand this people, since they wait for a new build since about march. And again, just because it's free, that doesn't mean they have to agree with everything the creator does and does not.
Sorry, but I think that if someone is taking their own time & energy and making me something (yes, for free) that does what a huge company I paid money to will not do (in this case, improve my existing player), that some slack should be cut. Asking if/when the update is coming is fine. The post I responded to wasn't asking.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Rockbox Developer

I didn't focus on "asking for an update" as well.

If you think open source is immune against complaints and criticism, then that's your opinion.

Good that you're almost alone with this opinion, since it makes progress impossible and leads to stalling developement.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:21 PM

I've got a question I just loaded you latest release and when I try to read a text ebook the backlight goes out right away and changing the display settings does not effect it. Am I doing something wrong? and if so what do I need to do to correct this problem?
Thanks sirthurston
(e250) with newest sansa firmware)

Thanks for the build I really like it!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:08 PM

You'll want to change the BACKLIGHT settings.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 PM

I still believe

Old 10-29-2008, 11:07 PM

Well I gues his build is officially dead to me which means I'm going to leave and go on with the default Rockbox build

P.S. if any admins or mods see this post can you please delete my account?

Closed Thread