android
Old 07-20-2008, 12:33 PM

I too will give up on this one.

Charles, I loved your build the best, and had been using it pretty much since I installed Rockbox.

If you're tied up with problems, I hope all works out well for you, whatever they are.

If you're just tired of doing the updates, I understand that also.

Thanks for what you did. I appreciated it.

Good Luck,
Don

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-22-2008, 12:37 AM

This was my favorite build too, did exactly what I wanted and worked great, so thanks Charles for that. I wish you could have released the last update you kept talking about, but I know how it goes with projects you get tired of (I'm assuming that's what happened, sorry if it's personal issues). I've had several projects over the years many people used and after a while I got tired of doing updates and just kind of let it go away quietly. Now I regret not ending some of them on better terms from the user's perspective.

To those who keep saying you can make your own build easily: sure we can, but to tweak everything the way you want it obviously takes some time, and I'm sure each of us has our own little pet projects and hobbies we dedicate our time to. This was one of Charles' and we all benefited. I'm still using his build. I'd like to have a few things fixed of course, but I've got other things on my plate as I'm sure we all do. All in all this was a positive project to get involved in and an interesting group of people.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:11 PM

Thanks for a great build, buddy.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:47 AM

In the original Rockbox you can hold Select over a file to perform an action with it, useful for opening things like wps files in the text editor, however I am unable to do that in you version. Can you change that, I love your version but I'm a frequent user of this technique.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:15 PM

@ttimebomb
cpchan's build uses the old keymap. the button for bringing up the context menu in his build is the down button (the one with the sub-menu on it).

Old 07-28-2008, 03:07 PM

The default theme isn't working. When I play a file, the text is misaligned from the background and the progress bar, and looks different from the screen shot of the theme. Also when I play a video, the time remaining indicators are scrambled and impossible to read.

The regular Rockbox build has none of these problems.

Please help!

(I will get a picture as soon as I can)

Old 07-29-2008, 08:25 PM

same thing!

Old 08-01-2008, 01:40 AM

CPCHAN, Where are you???????????? Need a new build!!! HELP!!! You've been gone a long time...I know people get busy and I can understand that, but it's been almost 5 months...What's going on???? Let us know. I dont really want to mess with any other builds because I've always used this one but I'm now on the fence. If you have no plans to update your build any longer or have given up then let us know and lock the thread.

Thx

Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

People, you need to know people have personal stuff to worry about. He will get to it when he gets to it.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
People, you need to know people have personal stuff to worry about. He will get to it when he gets to it.
or not get to it at all..which is the point that i'm making. So, if he has no desire or interest in keeping the build updated or current..it probally wouldnt be a bad idea just to say so.

Just my 2 cents

Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 PM

i can only get like 2 of my wps work

Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 PM

I must thank you cpchan for the build. I have using it for a long time. But it's time for an upgrade, isn't it? Work as soon as you can in a new build please!
And I want to ask you to add the Anti Aliased fonts patch, and maybe a option to hide the Videos/Photos/Ebooks shortcuts in the main menu.

By the way, I can't forgot to say: thank you a lot for keeping the old keymapping, I guess that the Select button was made for selecting things, not to show up sub menus. That's why Sandisk put a dedicated submenu key in Sansa.

Last edited by brunovdbh; 08-09-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunovdbh View Post
I must thank you cpchan for the build. I have using it for a long time. But it's time for an upgrade, isn't it? Work as soon as you can in a new build please!
And I want to ask you to add the Anti Aliased fonts patch, and maybe a option to hide the Videos/Photos/Ebooks shortcuts in the main menu.

By the way, I can't forgot to say: thank you a lot for keeping the old keymapping, I guess that the Select button was made for selecting things, not to show up sub menus. That's why Sandisk put a dedicated submenu key in Sansa.
I've been using the cpchan build for some time now, but recently changed to a different one. All things considered, i believe the cpchan build to be R.I.P. since there's been no activity from him in over a month. His last post was at the end of June.

So...

Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Future of my Buiild's

Hello all:

To answer everyone question about my builds, after thinking long and hard on a family reunion cruise, I have decided to continue with them (syncing 30 odd unsupported patches is a time consuming and boring task- I much prefer writing code). I have been really busy with personal stuff and updating + maintaining a multimedia program in Objective C with the GNUstep GUI (Apple's (NEXTstep) Appkit) framework.

I will release new builds with in a week.

Thank you for your attention.

Charles

Last edited by cpchan; 08-11-2008 at 04:55 AM.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:01 AM

WOW! Great News!
Welcome back Charles

Old 08-11-2008, 07:59 AM

OMG
Great to know you're back, cpchan!
I'll be waiting for this next build anxiously

Old 08-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Rockbox Developer

Nice! Welcome back

Old 08-11-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Hello all:

To answer everyone question about my builds, after thinking long and hard on a family reunion cruise, I have decided to continue with them (syncing 30 odd unsupported patches is a time consuming and boring task- I much prefer writing code). I have been really busy with personal stuff and updating + maintaining a multimedia program in Objective C with the GNUstep GUI (Apple's (NEXTstep) Appkit) framework.

I will release new builds with in a week.

Thank you for your attention.

Charles
Glad to see you back. I can understand it being a tedious process of doing, i'm sure i speak for most people when we say that we don't expect an upto date rockbox build from yeah. Just maybe one thats updated every 2 or 3 months or so would be great rather than the monthly builds and what not, except maybe on major advances, like in the case when USB support is finally put in and is stable.

But i will say this, i think you have a great build here and a massive following. Congrats and keep up the extrordinary work.

Thanks,
Nemesis

Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Thank you Everyone

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my builds. These builds originally started, as with all Open Source projects, to scratch a personal itch- namely to make it work on the e200 series. I have no idea that they will take on lives of their own and become so popular.

I appreciate your encouragement and continued patronage.

Thanks again.

Charles

Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 PM

Hello cpchan,
In the meantime I have switched back to the original rockbox version. And if I am not wrong the electric background noise on my Sansa e280 has become much less. Maybe this is because of all the battery saving tasks that were developed in the last months. So go ahead and enjoy your forthcoming builds. It's really great.

What do you think will be the main differences between original rockbox and cpchan rockbox? The keymap has changed. I do not think that they became better in o-rockbox, but I can handle it. Maybe I will try out your version again if it will really be released.

Closed Thread