android
Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePerson View Post
None of my themes work (iPhone, kSansa, AeroMac, and everything else). Everything is misaligned. What's wrong?
I've noticed with the latest build if I install fresh and load a certain theme (like zune theme) the track and time info is below the album art when playing an mp3. After I start changing fonts and themes it seems to become misaligned for some reason. Right now I'm using Zune theme and the track info lines are actually covering the album art. I just said hell with it and gave up trying to figure out why this happens.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Default latest build ?

I installed the last cpchan build offered a few weeks ago and I have been unable to find the shutdown menu. In previous builds it was under system but prior to this I was testing the build that had the battery power saving patch I think it was called device disable. Unfortunately the remaining battery information was deceptive and my sansa wouldnt boot at times even though the info stated 50% battery left. To load the latest build I unzipped into the .rockbox folder so I am wondering if maybe I should have deleted all the files in the folder first - cannot see any reason why it should be necessary but willing to try it. I assume that the device disable patch is not in the last build? Thanks

Old 05-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Yes, something came up and I need to be out of town for a couple of days. I am all caught up now and will be releasing the new version very soon.

Charles
Can't wait for that!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oystercatcher View Post
I installed the last cpchan build offered a few weeks ago and I have been unable to find the shutdown menu. In previous builds it was under system
Yes, I need to take a look at the code more extensively. Something changed and it wouldn't build with that enabled in one of my patches.

Quote:
To load the latest build I unzipped into the .rockbox folder so I am wondering if maybe I should have deleted all the files in the folder first - cannot see any reason why it should be necessary but willing to try it.
You can just install on top of the old one. If you encounter problems doing a clean installation is always a good idea.

Quote:
I assume that the device disable patch is not in the last build?
It is- it got committed to Rockbox and is no longer a sperate patch.

Charles

Old 05-24-2008, 04:02 PM

I've gone back to this build because it works so smoothly with my 2 favorite themes, Saagar's Big Art and Pen & Paper. I hope the next version of this build will continue to support these. Saagar's Big Art v2 I've been surprised about how many custom builds can't support.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Rockbox Developer

Which/how many custom builds have you tried? I actually know only of two.

PS: Saagar's is in my build. I highly doubt that I don't support that.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:07 PM

"Which/how many custom builds have you tried? I actually know only of two.

PS: Saagar's is in my build. I highly doubt that I don't support that."

Yours, CPChan's and I also have a ChrisJ that I tried - along with the daily build (which I realize is not a custom). So I guess that's only 2 out of 3 customs, and that theme also won't work with the current build. For some reason - V2 of Saagar's Big Art didn't work on yours. I'd commented to you that the timer on V1 was working funny - so I figured it was an issue of V2 vs. V1. But V2 wouldn't work on yours - I'm assuming it's due to incompatible patches.

So, while experimenting yesterday - I went back to CPChan's latest, and was surprised to see that it worked.

I saw in your updates that you fixed the timer, so I may flop again. Sorry.

I understand why it happens, but it's still disappointing that a lot of themes become incompatible as updates happen.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Rockbox Developer

Ok, maybe an inside, but chrisjs build doesn't count as custom build, since has actually no patches applied in his latest build.

What did you mean with V2 not working on my build (you probably better answer that in my build thread)? Do you mean the timer? Yea, that one got fixed. I seem to accidently made that lines scrolling, which simpy doesn't work on lines with such dynamic content. Also note, that I have V1 in my build. I like the menu more.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 AM

I didn't know that about ChrisJ's build. But from my perspective, I tried 4 different builds and only one (CPChan) worked flawlessly with that theme. Other themes didn't work with any build I tried.

Regardless - V2 of Saagar's Big Art wouldn't work on your (Kugel) build because of odd spacing and image glitches. I figured I'd have to go to V2, because of the timing problem with V1. But it looks like you have that fixed anyway.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Rockbox Developer

V1 doesn't work with any build since it's requires an old unsupported patch. Yet, I have adapted V1 to my build.

V2 should run fine on any build.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 AM

has that battery life improving patch (device disable?) been integrated into the last CPChan build Mar 13?

or are we still running without it?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:58 AM

When i installed the latest version of this build, my MP3 Turned out incredibly slow. While switching song it takes about 5 secs before it actually switch it and when browsing the menu the same time as you play a song on it it are also very slow, like the processor isnt fast enought, the previous build i had, i didn't have this problem.

And by the way, Wheres the browse directory menu now?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuibb View Post
has that battery life improving patch (device disable?) been integrated into the last CPChan build Mar 13?
The "device disable" patch was committed to the base SVN version of Rockbox that was used.

Charles

Old 05-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisse View Post
When i installed the latest version of this build, my MP3 Turned out incredibly slow. While switching song it takes about 5 secs before it actually switch it and when browsing the menu the same time as you play a song on it it are also very slow, like the processor isnt fast enought, the previous build i had, i didn't have this problem.
Please turn on "directory caching".

Quote:
And by the way, Wheres the browse directory menu now?
You mean you can't get into the "file browser"? The menu item is "Manage Files".

Charles

Old 05-29-2008, 05:09 PM

So is there still any holdup now before releasing?

Old 05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapz View Post
So is there still any holdup now before releasing?
This weekend. The weather is finally warm here, I have been enjoying the outdoors.

Charles

Old 05-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Rockbox Developer

And I thought you were a geek

Old 05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
And I thought you were a geek
Pale skin, hippie styled long hair and sandals with no socks does not lead to a good love life.

Charles

Old 05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Rockbox Developer

But if you add giant glasses?

Anyway, I was just kidding

Old 05-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
But if you add giant glasses?
I don't think a style like this:

suits me. Maybe it is more for you?